Friday 4/19/24 Sox@Phillies GameThread

Just now, joejoesox said:

I see Crochet laid another egg, guess we jumped the gun a bit 

He wasn't throwing nearly as hard this start and got down to as low as 91. I hope it's just a bad start and not his arm already fatiguing from the workload. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, joejoesox said:

He would probably have had to have been pitched every six or seven days and he still wasn't going to reach 100 innings.  The Sox expected way too big of a jump considering the dude has BARELY pitched at all.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, joejoesox said:

For an organization that has made a ton of horrible decisions, trying to make him into an innings eater right off the bat is one of their dumbest.

• Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, joejoesox said:

Crochet is in the bottom five of the people I'm disappointed in this year. At least he's looked like a major league player - more than I can say for most of the team.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, fathom said:

For an organization that has made a ton of horrible decisions, trying to make him into an innings eater right off the bat is one of their dumbest.

I always wondered what the plan was to manage his innings. Knowing we wouldn't be good you should have been able to have a really nice plan for how to manage him. Should have.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

Crochet is in the bottom five of the people I'm disappointed in this year. At least he's looked like a major league player - more than I can say for most of the team.

Sheets DeJong Crochet Leasure Fedde has been about as expected. Wilson.