4/24 Games

BamaDoc

1 minute ago, Autumn Dreamin said:

Chappy ties it up for the Dash with his first HR of the season.

I haven't given up on him yet. He's off to a slow start because he had an injury for most of the spring. Kath is 2-2 in this game and has been hitting a little better lately.

19 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

Barons lead 6-1. Baldwin 3-4 with 2 doubles. Currently hitting .439

Timmy, I know you know a lot about Baldwin.  Fill us in. Anybody else, too.

Edited by oldsox
spelling

3 minutes ago, oldsox said:

Timmy, I know you know a lot about Baldwin.  Fill us in. Anybody else, too.

I have watched him a lot since he was drafted.  Just a good baseball player. Balanced swing from both sides. Probably better with a little more juice as a lefty.  Controls the zone pretty well.  Above average speed, but not a burner like Ellis.  Can put a charge into the ball for a skinnier guy. His second double tonight was crushed. Good defender in both the infield and the outfield.  Has played 7 positions as a pro.  OK at short and centerfield. Better at 2b, 3b, and the corners.  Was the MVP of the mid-major Colonial Athletic league where he played 2b. His Dad was a prominent player for Clemson back in the day. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Timmy U said:

I have watched him a lot since he was drafted.  Just a good baseball player. Balanced swing from both sides. Probably better with a little more juice as a lefty.  Controls the zone pretty well.  Above average speed, but not a burner like Ellis.  Can put a charge into the ball for a skinnier guy. His second double tonight was crushed. Good defender in both the infield and the outfield.  Has played 7 positions as a pro.  OK at short and centerfield. Better at 2b, 3b, and the corners.  Was the MVP of the mid-major Colonial Athletic league where he played 2b. His Dad was a prominent player for Clemson back in the day. 

So you're saying we found Ben Zobrist 2.0?