4/24 - Good Guys @ Twins 6:40 CT - Crochet Vs. Ryan

9 minutes ago, fathom said:

3-21…you just don’t see teams play this bad in the majors.  They really should unload guys if they have any value.

Yes, that makes sense.  And guess what, that will further drop the payroll even more, and well before the deadline.  Almost like a certain someone had his newly promoted minion follow his orders exactly how he drew them up?  Hmmmm…

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, fathom said:

3-21…you just don’t see teams play this bad in the majors.  They really should unload guys if they have any value.

Fedde and Wilson ... not even sure moving Crochet and Kopech would be worth it.  Depends on offers.

They're (other teams) going to want to watch Fedde at least another 4-6 weeks IMO before making a commitment.

Edited by caulfield12

2 hours ago, flavum said:

The streaks this season are 4-5-6, and 5 and counting…

They kinda have to lose tonight and tomorrow. 

If the Sox lose tomorrow, that’s 7. Good news for the folks going Friday, but then an 8 game losing streak is coming. 

17 minutes ago, fathom said:

If guys were playing to their value, they wouldn't be 3-21.

• Thanks 1
  • Paper Bag 1

10 minutes ago, SpringfieldFan said:

If they manage to play .500 ball the rest of the way they still wind up losing 90. 😬

I still find it hard to believe that we’ll break the all-time record, but things like this make me think twice.

Marlins 6-20

Rockies 6-19

Closest "pursuers" for infamy/ignominious regard

Pretty soon every single AL Central team will be over .500 if the Twins can just make it back after beginning the week 6 games below that mark.

2 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Fedde and Wilson ... not even sure moving Crochet and Kopech would be worth it.  Depends on offers.

Kopech isn't exactly the second coming of Dennis Eckersley is he? Seems to me he fires a lot of meatballs that get smashed over the fence.

Final point tonight: I was in the car tonight and listened to the final 2 innings on Sirius. The Twins announcers made it abundantly clear til this series Minnie was looking like a pretty pedestrian team (small crowds too). Sox as they did to Kansas City have rejuvenated the Twins a bit. I wouldn't be shocked if Minnie takes all four this series even tho the law of averages once again is on our side.

Greg predicts an 11-2 type Twins win tomorrow (if u were smart u'd bet the house on Chicago since my predictions usually reek).

Edited by greg775