Jump to content

Story on Sox trade possibilities...


Lip Man 1
 Share

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, striker said:

Chuck G said on todays podcast the White Sox have a really good offer already for Crochet. Didn’t have details but shows it’s not just chatter our there.

Gimme 2 Top 100 position players, at least one a LHH.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, kwill said:

Robert, Fedde and Kopech for Jackson Holliday, Coby Mayo, Chase McDermott and Seth Johnson. 

Who says No- Baltimore or White Sox. 

 

Baltimore.  They probably wouldn’t trade Holliday alone for Robert, Fedde, and Kopech.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, kwill said:

Robert, Fedde and Kopech for Jackson Holliday, Coby Mayo, Chase McDermott and Seth Johnson. 

Who says No- Baltimore or White Sox. 

 

I kind of wonder if the initial failure of Holliday so spectacularly on his first crack at the majors damages his standing kind of like it did with the Red Sox and Moncada so as to rethink shipping him out.  I would be really curious if there was a scouting red flag on him during his time here, or if this was just standard fare baseball is tough kind of a thing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, kwill said:

Robert, Fedde and Kopech for Jackson Holliday, Coby Mayo, Chase McDermott and Seth Johnson. 

Who says No- Baltimore or White Sox. 

 

I kind of based this trade off of the return for Sale

Jackson Holliday= Moncada ( Both are 1 or 2 overall) 

Coby Mayo= Michael Kopech ( Both are somehwere between 15-25) 

Chase McDermott= Basabe ( Both are probably between 110-125) 

Seth Johnson= Diaz ( Both are just hopeful bullpen options) 

Both McDermott and Johnson are going to be rule 5 eligeable soon so Baltimore will hit a 40 man crunch. 

 

I get that GMS value prospects more than ever. Fedde is a nice mid-rotation piece for them for the next 1.5 years. You can view Kopech as a possability of getting it right with a different organization. 

 

To me, A deal like this is the only deal I would accept. Robert doesn't have to be traded. He could have the same value now that he will this winter. So a team should have to overpay or else just keep him. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, kwill said:

I kind of based this trade off of the return for Sale

Jackson Holliday= Moncada ( Both are 1 or 2 overall) 

Coby Mayo= Michael Kopech ( Both are somehwere between 15-25) 

Chase McDermott= Basabe ( Both are probably between 110-125) 

Seth Johnson= Diaz ( Both are just hopeful bullpen options) 

Both McDermott and Johnson are going to be rule 5 eligeable soon so Baltimore will hit a 40 man crunch. 

 

I get that GMS value prospects more than ever. Fedde is a nice mid-rotation piece for them for the next 1.5 years. You can view Kopech as a possability of getting it right with a different organization. 

 

To me, A deal like this is the only deal I would accept. Robert doesn't have to be traded. He could have the same value now that he will this winter. So a team should have to overpay or else just keep him. 

I think the deal is about there, I just don't Baltimore has the stones to do it unless they really think a lot less of Holliday after his debut.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Baltimore.  They probably wouldn’t trade Holliday alone for Robert, Fedde, and Kopech.

Baltimore is the most prospect hugging org out there, they would never agree to this. 

Instead, they'd try to pawn off pyrite first and hope someone else believes it's gold like they did before.

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Baltimore is the most prospect hugging org out there, they would never agree to this. 

Instead, they'd try to pawn off pyrite first and hope someone else believes it's gold like they did before.

 

I hear this. The optimist in me just believe they understand the value of cost controlled players. At some point you have to push your chips in the middle of the table. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, kwill said:

I hear this. The optimist in me just believe they understand the value of cost controlled players. At some point you have to push your chips in the middle of the table. 

They are 43-22 despite their injuries already. They won the division last year.

I think they understand value better than us tbh.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just FYI....Baseball Trade Values is now a paid site but each week they will provide two teams player/prospect SV for free. This week it's the White Sox and Padres, so this is what they have right now for various players on the ML roster that might be trade bait (my comments in parentheses):

Banks 9.5 (not bad at all)

Brebbia  -2.2

Clevinger 2.5 (I thought it would be zero)

Colas 6.6

Crochet 61.2 (sell high ASAP!!!!!!)

DeJong 2.1

Fedde 11.9 (I was hoping it would be higher than this...but maybe if u package him with Banks, you can still get a pretty good 20m SV prospect out of it)

Flexen 2.2 (I'm shocked by this, with his small salary I was hoping for way more, hes pitched very well recently)

T. Hill -1.1

Julks 8

Kopech -1.8 (sigh)

N..Lopez 1.4

Pham 3.1 (was hoping for more)

Robert 44.7 (apologies to @CaliSoxFanViaSWside, seems he was right on how much value Robert has lost, 44m SV is basically what we got back for Cease and that's very light to me, I think Robert's SV last year was something like 77m, so he's lost alot of helium. I wouldn't trade him for 44m, maybe hope he has a great second half and we can hopefully get more in the offseason).

Sheets 3.9 

Soroka -1.8

Vaughn -0.3 (lulz)

S. Wilson 0.7 (the idea or getting him from SD to flip him was a good one,didn't work out it seems)

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Are the Sox trading Robert because he makes a good salary? Are the Sox that desperate for working cash? Sad that most of the fanbase is probably OK with trading him. Seems that way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here is another one I thought of with the Rangers for Crochet. Rangers seem like a nice spot since Daniels is generally pretty agressive. 

Rangers Get: 

Garrett Crochet

White Sox Get: 

Evan Carter

Kumar Rocker

Jack Lieter

 

Most of the value comes from Evan Carter in this situation. Another former high prospect who is out with a back injury for them.

Rocker and Lieter were big names coming out of college but really havent produced much. I kind of attribute part of Vandy making all of their starters throw 130 pitches in one start. 

Lieter has not been good at all since being drafted. He struggeld with walks at Vandy as well but struck out so many guys it didnt ever matter. However, That s%*# doesnt fly wheh you are a pro. The Sox this year are having success with arms so maybe you can turn him into a mid-rotation guy. 

Rocker- I am actually pretty high on. He's had arm injuries post college but he could be straight dominent once he gets over them. Still its a pretty large question mark. 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Are the Sox trading Robert because he makes a good salary? Are the Sox that desperate for working cash? Sad that most of the fanbase is probably OK with trading him. Seems that way.

Because the infusion of talent that Robert brings back will hasten our improvement to competitiveness. It will take a lot longer for the White Sox to fill out their roster with stars if they only use the draft and free agency to do it. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, kwill said:

Here is another one I thought of with the Rangers for Crochet. Rangers seem like a nice spot since Daniels is generally pretty agressive. 

Rangers Get: 

Garrett Crochet

White Sox Get: 

Evan Carter

Kumar Rocker

Jack Lieter

 

Most of the value comes from Evan Carter in this situation. Another former high prospect who is out with a back injury for them.

Rocker and Lieter were big names coming out of college but really havent produced much. I kind of attribute part of Vandy making all of their starters throw 130 pitches in one start. 

Lieter has not been good at all since being drafted. He struggeld with walks at Vandy as well but struck out so many guys it didnt ever matter. However, That s%*# doesnt fly wheh you are a pro. The Sox this year are having success with arms so maybe you can turn him into a mid-rotation guy. 

Rocker- I am actually pretty high on. He's had arm injuries post college but he could be straight dominent once he gets over them. Still its a pretty large question mark. 

 

 

 

 

 

I would not like this deal.  Leiter and Rocker are both bad

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, striker said:

Chuck G said on todays podcast the White Sox have a really good offer already for Crochet. Didn’t have details but shows it’s not just chatter our there.

Very interesting.  This has to be from the Padres

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, GGajewski18 said:

Very interesting.  This has to be from the Padres

 

I tend to think Garfien has zero clue about minor league prospects.  To him, it’s probably an amazing deal if it’s 5 of a team’s top 30 prospects with maybe one of them at the backend of the MLB top 100.  He gets overexcited about quantity over quality.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

Because the infusion of talent that Robert brings back will hasten our improvement to competitiveness. It will take a lot longer for the White Sox to fill out their roster with stars if they only use the draft and free agency to do it. 

I'm tending to think it's the $$. He makes a good buck and Jerry seems to enjoy hoarding money while not freaking out about all the losing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...