Sox @ Rays 5-7, 5:50PM CDT

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, fathom said:

I don’t understand why Vaughn hasn’t been sent down yet.

The Tigers were considering designating Torkelson to AAA and look at his 2023 numbers compared to Vaughn's...

Also, Ramos has the one Sox .300 average but still a sub 600 OPS.  Give him 2-3 more weeks to get it under .500, I guess.

Edited by caulfield12

I think I officially have Stockholm syndrome....I checked the score and noticed that the Rays are at .500....then I saw the Sox were 8-27 and I thought "that's not too bad"

• Haha 1
  • Paper Bag 1

Scheduled for Saturday, May 25, the Hall of Fame East-West Classic presented by Boeing and fueled by assistance from Major League Baseball, will feature more than two dozen former big leaguers, with White Sox Assistant GM Josh Barfield, Ken Griffey Jr. and Ozzie Smith among the Hall of Famers who will serve as the East and West teams’ managers and coaches.

Just now, WhiteSox2023 said:

DeJong breaks up the shutout with one of his random homers!

It's DeJong gone again??

I'll call Barack and tell him he's not needed today

2 minutes ago, wegner said:

I think I officially have Stockholm syndrome....I checked the score and noticed that the Rays are at .500....then I saw the Sox were 8-27 and I thought "that's not too bad"

5-5 for the last ten? 

"The San Jose Sharks won the draft lottery on Tuesday and earned the right to have the No. 1 pick in the NHL draft for the first time in franchise history.

The Sharks finished last in the overall standings and retained their position in the lottery. Now San Jose has the opportunity to select Boston University center Macklin Celebrini, who is ranked first among North American skaters by NHL Central Scouting."

Not even sure how much more excited Sox fans would be with this possibility...guess it would depend on the upcoming draft class.  With the White Sox luck, it would be 1-1 at the top of the 2024 NBA Draft (as opposed to 2023).

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Ramos needs to get a little sidearm action going if he's gonna play a solid 3B. Too over the top on everything. Moncada can give him some tips.

Or he needs a much bigger target and more athletic 1B...

Edited by caulfield12

21 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

lol at vaughn. dude is just not an athlete.

His main accomplishment in the last year or so was dragging Anderson off the field after his fight with Ramirez.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

That wouldn't hurt. Vaughn's mobility is crap.

Setting up in a specific direction instead of being more "loose/fast-twitchy" at the bag and ready to move quickly to his left or right for errant throws always seems to elude him.  It's something quite basic Bryce Harper picked up in a matter of weeks.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, oldsox said:

His main accomplishment in the last year or so was dragging Anderson off the field after his fight with Ramirez.

Haha, I forgot about him doing that Fred Flintstone hold on TA