5-11 game 6:10 CDT start. Maldonado Line gets the start. Puke.

39 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

Eloy should have been pinched run for right away after his double.

How many day is it since Eloy was thrown out at third on the exact same fly ball?  So he was reluctant to run.  Shoulda been pinch run for,  I agree.

8 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Weren't you keeping track of the recent weekend success of the Sox ?

Yes indeed 

They are the weekend warriors 

Very fun baseball the last 3 weekends....the Sox are 7-1

I'll stand up for that!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, A-Train to 35th said:

If your taking about "SS Stand Up", some people have to pick on every  thing.  It's his signature call, give him a break Jeez you should be happy we beat Cleveland instead of commenting on the announcers call.

Also, Schriffen was hanging out with the tailgaters in Lot B before the game. (I think he's done it before too) You would never see Stone do that with his "holier than thou" attitude. Give him a chance he's brand new, he will improve. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

16 minutes ago, DoUEvenShift said:

Also, Schriffen was hanging out with the tailgaters in Lot B before the game. (I think he's done it before too) You would never see Stone do that with his "holier than thou" attitude. Give him a chance he's brand new, he will improve. 

I actually am thinking if the Sox get good that will be a pretty good call embraced by fans. Even though many of us think such catchphrases are stupid, they seem to catch on quickly if the team is any good. Four in a row is worth getting excited about. I heard his close on the mlb highlights and I wasn't offended this time. We shall see if fans like it. If the Sox go back to dropping 8 of 10 it's ridiculous to do the south side stand up after a rare win. But if these Sox are for real, it'll be fine IMO.

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:
  • performance bonuses:
    • $100,000 for each game started from 11 to 25 GS
    • $100,000 for each 5 innings pitched from 55 to 125 IP

wow

11 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I actually am thinking if the Sox get good that will be a pretty good call embraced by fans. Even though many of us think such catchphrases are stupid, they seem to catch on quickly if the team is any good. Four in a row is worth getting excited about. I heard his close on the mlb highlights and I wasn't offended this time. We shall see if fans like it. If the Sox go back to dropping 8 of 10 it's ridiculous to do the south side stand up after a rare win. But if these Sox are for real, it'll be fine IMO.

Just wait until players start coming to Shriffen, asking him to give them nicknames. "Okay, South Side Predator comes to the plate!!"

38 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

Just wait until players start coming to Shriffen, asking him to give them nicknames. "Okay, South Side Predator comes to the plate!!"

I am thinking a “Stan Sitwell” or a “Standpoor” would be a nickname i could obscurely get behind

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

He hasn't looked overmatched at the plate which is great but I'm a little worried about his defense. I don't like his footwork.  He makes routine plays look more difficult than they are.  

His arm isn’t exactly Moncada-esque either. But he seems to have way better pitch recognition than most of our recent “stars”

2 hours ago, DoUEvenShift said:

I think he does a good job and has been getting better. He’s the type of guy that sounds good with a good team.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, 4OCS said:

His arm isn’t exactly Moncada-esque either. But he seems to have way better pitch recognition than most of our recent “stars”

Post game show was talking about how Ramos was practicing sidearming his throws (like Moncada) instead of always throwing over the top.  Shows the kid listens to instruction and wants to improve.  He will only get better the more time he get's at 3B.  Chuck brought up wether the Sox will keep him on the MLB roster when Moncada comes up and Pods said a decision will have to be made sooner when Mendicks ready.  Ozzie brushed that off saying "If we're worrying  about when Mendick will come back we're in trouble".  Gotta love Ozzie!

Edited by A-Train to 35th
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

Post game show was talking about how Ramos was practicing sidearming his throws (like Moncada) instead of always throwing over the top.  Shows the kid listens to instruction and wants to improve.  He will only get better the more time he get's at 3B.  Chuck brought up wether the Sox will keep him on the MLB roster when Moncada comes up and Pods said a decision will have to be made sooner when Mendicks ready.  Ozzie brushed that off saying "If we're worrying  about when Mendick will come back we're in trouble".  Gotta love Ozzie!

Yeah give him time to improve on defense.