What can we dream on for Fedde?

wegner

43 minutes ago, pmb0928 said:

I would love to get a connor norby from Baltimore.  8 hrs 27 rbis already this year.  MLB ready.  Plays 2b and OF

Here we go again...Baltimore stans will descend to say how he's not available to the Sox, lol.

• Haha 1

Since we're talking prospects, the Sox have a 22 year old catcher named Calvin Harris. Hits left handed. Takes a ton of walks. 5th rounder in 2022 draft.

With Corey Lee, Quero and Harris, we actually have some depth at a valuable position.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, pmb0928 said:

I would love to get a connor norby from Baltimore.  8 hrs 27 rbis already this year.  MLB ready.  Plays 2b and OF

Fedde + Kopech for Norby + Beavers + flier seems like a fair deal. Would add some depth to the back end of the Sox top 10 prospects.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Fedde + Kopech for Norby + Beavers + flier seems like a fair deal. Would add some depth to the back end of the Sox top 10 prospects.

The Orioles weren’t even offering that much for Cease and now we can get Norby and Beavers for Fedde and Kopech?  Yeah, I’m gonna guess no.  Elias is in love with his prospects and isn’t paying that much for 1.5 years of a starter without much of a history of success and an erratic reliever.

Also, both Norby and Beavers would likely be in our top 5 or 6 after Quero, not the back end of our top 10.  Ultimately, I think when we see the actual return for Fedde and Kopech, we are going to wish it was Norby and Beavers.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 5

11 hours ago, pmb0928 said:

1 hour ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

You guys are way too high on what to expect for Fedde.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

The Orioles weren’t even offering that much for Cease and now we can get Norby and Beavers for Fedde and Kopech?  Yeah, I’m gonna guess no.  Elias is in love with his prospects and isn’t paying that much for 1.5 years of a starter without much of a history of success and an erratic reliever.

Also, both Norby and Beavers would likely be in our top 5 or 6 after Quero, not the back end of our top 10.  Ultimately, I think when we see the actual return for Fedde and Kopech, we are going to wish it was Norby and Beavers.

I’ve got Quero and Ramos ahead of both so yea back half of our top 10 is an accurate description.

Time will tell on the value of Kopech and Fedde but Kopech will be a top 5 reliever available and Fedde will be a top 10 starter available and both of those tend to have a lot of value at the trade deadline.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Aaron Civale returned a top 100 mlb prospect at last year’s deadline so no I don’t think we’re too high on Fedde if he keeps this up for another 8-10 starts…

• Like 2

Fedde has the 17th lowest ERA of qualified starting pitchers in MLB right now. And looking at the list of guys ahead of him, only Blanco is likely to be available at the trade deadline (Blanco was just busted for cheating so what’s his actual worth now).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

50 minutes ago, oldsox said:

Yes. Way too high.

Did you guys both expect to see the return we got for Graveman, Giolito, Lopez, Lynn and Kelly? After those trades, there is no telling what teams will give up.

Just now, striker said:

Did you guys both expect to see the return we got for Graveman, Giolito, Lopez, Lynn and Kelly? After those trades, there is no telling what teams will give up.

The one thing I keep thinking is Fedde has zero history.  All of those guys (well maybe not ReyLo, but he was paired with Gio, so hard to separate how much of the return was him vs Rey) had an established history of years of a relative level of performance, even if they weren't killing it at that particular moment.  Fedde is the opposite, he has zero history and is killing it at the moment.  Does anyone have solid examples of older breakout players getting big returns at the deadline?

10 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

The one thing I keep thinking is Fedde has zero history.  All of those guys (well maybe not ReyLo, but he was paired with Gio, so hard to separate how much of the return was him vs Rey) had an established history of years of a relative level of performance, even if they weren't killing it at that particular moment.  Fedde is the opposite, he has zero history and is killing it at the moment.  Does anyone have solid examples of older breakout players getting big returns at the deadline?

This might apply more to Kopech than Fedde but Jorge López is a classic case of a late stage breakout. Basically had a worse track record than Fedde prior to 2022. Pitched a good first half as a closer and returned Yennier Cano, Cade Povich, and the Orioles current #26 prospect at the trade deadline that year. Not bad for a guy with no track record!

17 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

How about we keep Fedde and then sign him to a longer deal after next year and start to build a F'ing team to compete.

Novel concept for this bum ass owner

I want no part of signing a 33 year old pitcher to a multiyear $20+ million dollar deal. And in case you haven't been paying attention, neither do the White Sox.

If you want to build a team to compete, then you trade Fedde this year. Were not one SP away from competing.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

How about we keep Fedde and then sign him to a longer deal after next year and start to build a F'ing team to compete.

Novel concept for this bum ass owner

How about we trade him now and then sign him as a free agent in a year and a half if he is still worth it, just like we would be able to do if we didn't trade him now?

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

How about we trade him now and then sign him as a free agent in a year and a half if he is still worth it, just like we would be able to do if we didn't trade him now?

How often does that happend?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, T R U said:

I want no part of signing a 33 year old pitcher to a multiyear $20+ million dollar deal. And in case you haven't been paying attention, neither do the White Sox.

If you want to build a team to compete, then you trade Fedde this year. Were not one SP away from competing.

This is a great point.  I thought Fedde was 28 now and would be 29 when he is a free agent.....

I agree with not wanting a 33 year old

• Like 1

1 hour ago, striker said:

Shocked it was the Angels trade but I expected a backend top 100 for Gio and the Lynn/Kelly wasn't a surprise either. Gravemen was the biggest value surprise for me for sure