What can we dream on for Fedde?

wegner

11 hours ago, zisk said:

Since we're talking prospects, the Sox have a 22 year old catcher named Calvin Harris. Hits left handed. Takes a ton of walks. 5th rounder in 2022 draft.

With Corey Lee, Quero and Harris, we actually have some depth at a valuable position.

If that was in reference to Velasquez, he's not a C anymore. The Guardians did the smart thing and immediately moved him to 1B once they saw how special the bat can be.

2 hours ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Fedde has the 17th lowest ERA of qualified starting pitchers in MLB right now. And looking at the list of guys ahead of him, only Blanco is likely to be available at the trade deadline (Blanco was just busted for cheating so what’s his actual worth now).

bUt WhAt'S hIs FiP!!!!!!!!!

42 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Shocked it was the Angels trade but I expected a backend top 100 for Gio and the Lynn/Kelly wasn't a surprise either. Gravemen was the biggest value surprise for me for sure

We don’t talk about the Graveman trade enough. Absolute highway robbery on that one.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

bUt WhAt'S hIs FiP!!!!!!!!!

Yeah you tell em! An advanced stat that provides additional context on the performance of a player is totally for NERDS!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

6 minutes ago, Snopek said:

Yeah you tell em! An advanced stat that provides additional context on the performance of a player is totally for NERDS!

Nearly 9 strikeouts per 9 IP, 2.4 walks per 9 IP, 1.06 WHIP all look good to me. 2.3 bWAR, 0.9 fWAR also nice ~25% of the way into the season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, striker said:

Did you guys both expect to see the return we got for Graveman, Giolito, Lopez, Lynn and Kelly? After those trades, there is no telling what teams will give up.

Well, a bit of a difference:

• Rick Hahn couldn't develop talent, but the man could absolutely sell his talent at a premium. I've banged the drum 1,000 times that those same prospects tear up this league with a different organization.
    • If you want to see how a different org handles a tear down, please go look at the Marlins sell off of the Yelich-era Marlins. 
    • We don't know how Getz will handle selling off at a deadline. He, supposedly, had the entire market to himself with Cease and failed to get a headlining bat prospect. Somehow, the Bummer trade is a net negative with Lopez, Shewmake and Soroka all being massive detriments.
  • Angels were possibly the most desperate an MLB team has been in decades because they needed to keep Ohtani at all costs once they decided to keep him.
  • Hahn was getting clowned for Lee, with people saying it was Hahn looking at MLB Pipeline's org Top 30s and picking a name.
  • Lynn and Kelly is just the Dodgers taking an L because everyone thought Lynn would be fine away from the Sox and Kelly was familiar with the Dodgers.

16 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Nearly 9 strikeouts per 9 IP, 2.4 walks per 9 IP, 1.06 WHIP all look good to me. 2.3 bWAR, 0.9 fWAR also nice ~25% of the way into the season.

Oh I completely agree. The condescending and dismissive pOsTs AbOuT aNaLyTiCs are just obnoxious is all. 

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Its not like his FIP is bad anyways lol, I don't get it.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

His endless crusade to rip advanced metrics truly is something.

I've only ever seen Harold positively cite advanced metrics once and that's why it sticks out in my memory so much.

On 11/17/2023 at 11:28 AM, Harold's Leg Lift said:

This trade is a product of the dumpster fire Getz inherited. I'm sure he would have liked to get a long term high impact player but I think that will come in the Cease trade.  This trade he addressed defense, base running, makeup and pitching depth.  You know the things Hahn thought were a punch line.  I think he did very well to make the organization better and hopefully the higher impact players will come soon though Nicky was a 6 war player as an everyday SS two years ago.

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1

9 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Harold’s online dating profile…

Chris Getz, Martin Maldonado

Dislikes

Kenny Williams, Rick Hahn, Advanced Metrics, Framing

He also hates Korey “Katch the Ball” Lee although that may be because of his adoration for Maldonado.

And don’t forget his undying hatred for “Madget” despite being totally cool with Getz trading for a guy that Madrigal would physically dominate at the bike racks.

• Fire 1

12 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

He also hates Korey “Katch the Ball” Lee although that may be because of his adoration for Maldonado.

And don’t forget his undying hatred for “Madget” despite being totally cool with Getz trading for a guy that Madrigal would physically dominate at the bike racks.

And he also insulted that Downtown Brown guy who always made creepy Jeep references in all of his posts and now I don't ever see him anymore and can't laugh at how weird he is.

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

If Getz made that trade instead of Hahn, he'd be blowing him nightly. He's part of the #Hahncore

Edited by Bob Sacamano
  • Fire 2

3 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

I typed four little words about mEtRiCs and you fuckin idiots lose your minds.  Lots of irrational anger here. :lolhitting

Seems you have come to symbolize the Getz Regime around here...even moreso than Kelenic.

It could be worse...getting swept at home by the Rockies in front of 35,000 fans per game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

I typed four little words about mEtRiCs and you fuckin idiots lose your minds.  Lots of irrational anger here. :lolhitting

We didn't want you to be all alone. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Ah yes, the dude that seems to add a few more exclamation points every time he makes the same dumb post is DEFINITELY not the irrationally angry one.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Although this has me thinking. Why are the managers in the dugout? Let's stop with the "he was looking good so we left him in" decisions and be smarter about it. Can't MLB teams have computers in the dugout?

2 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Seems you have come to symbolize the Getz Regime around here...even moreso than Kelenic.

It could be worse...getting swept at home by the Rockies in front of 35,000 fans per game.

I remembered Kelenic starting off the year scorching and forgot about him. 

Did he kaboom his foot again or is he just bad?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, T R U said:

And he also insulted that Downtown Brown guy who always made creepy Jeep references in all of his posts and now I don't ever see him anymore and can't laugh at how weird he is.

I don't even know who this Downtown Brown guy is, but by the sound of it this seems like Harold's greatest offense. Fucking Harold. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ron883 said:

I don't even know who this Downtown Brown guy is, but by the sound of it this seems like Harold's greatest offense. Fucking Harold. 

Go look at his post history. He would comment on a post and then end it with like “well this weather is beautiful I think I’ll drop the top on the ol wrangler and take a drive” it was hilariously awkward. 

• Haha 1