Sox Calling Up DeLoach

9 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I really wish we had an even halfways decent crew that reported on the Sox, because someone needs to find out what Oscar Colas did to be flushed down Grifol's proverbial toilet.

Its bizarre.  Is it his attitude?  Is it baseball related?  

Why don't they just trade him?  He has to have some trade value, right?  

24 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I really wish we had an even halfways decent crew that reported on the Sox, because someone needs to find out what Oscar Colas did to be flushed down Grifol's proverbial toilet.

I mean it was probably comparing himself to being a slave and other weird social media posts. If he's doing that stuff publicly, I kind of doubt he's much better privately with them. He went full Yermin. You never go full Yermin. But you also can't do that stuff and then proceed to hit .216.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

I mean it was probably comparing himself to being a slave and other weird social media posts. If he's doing that stuff publicly, I kind of doubt he's much better privately with them. He went full Yermin. You never go full Yermin. But you also can't do that stuff and then proceed to hit .216.

Sure, but we have absolute trash people on this roster now, as well as in the recent past.  What is this horrific line that can't be crossed with the White Sox?  If it is really just a huge ego, what a bizarre reason to not play someone when you compare who else has received paychecks from this franchise, especially when we are blowing through players like flotsam in an effort to win an extra game or two... but won't do it for Colas.

• Like 2
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

Sure, but we have absolute trash people on this roster now, as well as in the recent past.  What is this horrific line that can't be crossed with the White Sox?  If it is really just a huge ego, what a bizarre reason to not play someone when you compare who else has received paychecks from this franchise, especially when we are blowing through players like flotsam in an effort to win an extra game or two... but won't do it for Colas.

Even if he's a complete dope and they hate him and don't want him near the team, just keeping him on the roster and refusing to use him is a strange choice.  You'd think the options would be 1. play him 2. trade him 3. drop him.  

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

That may be a reflection of his attitude but the social media post was from 2022. Colas has had a lot of opportunities since then to stay up. I think it has more to do with his inability to layoff shitty pitches. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, cuban_sammiches said:

That may be a reflection of his attitude but the social media post was from 2022. Colas has had a lot of opportunities since then to stay up. I think it has more to do with his inability to layoff shitty pitches. 

You can look at our roster and know that isn't it.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I was so excited when they signed Colas. I really wonder if it's their system that ruined him or he just doesn't have it in him to be more than AAAA fodder. but this constant stream of has beens from other Orgs is reason enough to know that Getz is awful at his job and this team is going nowhere for years. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Wait what happened here?

Also, whatever happened to the Yerminator? Last I heard he was playind down in Mexico or something? 

3 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

If Grifol has any say in why he is not coming up, he needs to be fired. 

I don't know if Colas isn't getting a shot because he's a headcase (which he seems to be), it probably has more to do with the fact that he regressed and will almost certainly make a mess of things if he gets called up. DeLoach hasn't exactly been good either, but might as well see what they got. I think DeLoach was the predictable ILoy call up, it might've been Oscar if he was actually hitting the ball. They should send down Vaughn next, then maybe we see Oscar. 

9 minutes ago, nrockway said:

I don't know if Colas isn't getting a shot because he's a headcase (which he seems to be), it probably has more to do with the fact that he regressed and will almost certainly make a mess of things if he gets called up. DeLoach hasn't exactly been good either, but might as well see what they got. I think DeLoach was the predictable ILoy call up, it might've been Oscar if he was actually hitting the ball. They should send down Vaughn next, then maybe we see Oscar. 

Colas is also OPSing .630 away from Truist Field. I also wonder if the incident where he was benched for getting picked off of first base is more common than we've heard about. DeLoach's OPS away is .667.

6 minutes ago, 4OCS said:

Deloach has had over 1500 plate appearances between AA and AAA. Colas has only had about 650. Maybe that has something to do with it

Which why the Sox called up Ramos instead of Sosa.   Makes sense.