Graffy leaving?

Al Lopez Ghost (old)

I saw an internet rumor that Boston is interested in signing Graffy. I'd hate to see  him leave, but if he gets a big raise, good for him. Works hard, doesn't take a me first attitude, and produces in his role.

Of course I remember KW saying Graff is a priority, so I'm sure we'll keep him.

i hope we keep him...he's such a great utility guy to have on the team

I see a disturbing trend developing with the Sox free agent list. KW says that signing them (Colon, the Alomar's, Tony G, Flash, etc) isa priority and then backs off saying they are out of our price range. I don't know if this is just negotiating ploy, or we are that tight as far as budget is concerned. If Tony G leaves I am assuming Miles will replace him as the super sub.

i will never forgive him for screwing up against the flubs two years ago with tjhe bunt that he couldnt put down and his errors but, other then that he was a great utility guy

Didnt he also screw up a play at third base against the flubs where he thought it was a force out and didnt tag the runner at third....which ofcourse led to a gametying run.

Didnt he also screw up a play at third base against the flubs where he thought it was a force out and didnt tag the runner at third....which ofcourse led to a gametying run.

It would have been a sweep. Tony G is great off the bench, but when they played him for longer stretches, he got exposed, and wasn't nearly as effective.

For $2 mill? Maybe

Anything more....see ya Tony.

Great in the clutch, can play any INF spot and the occassional OF game, and is a good hitter off the bench, who runs well. But there are other options out there. For example, I believe Denny Hocking is a FA....he ain't good, but he can play all 8 fielding positions and is a switch hitter.

For $2 mill?  Maybe

Anything more....see ya Tony.

Great in the clutch, can play any INF spot and the occassional OF game, and is a good hitter off the bench, who runs well.  But there are other options out there.  For example, I believe Denny Hocking is a FA....he ain't good, but he can play all 8 fielding positions and is a switch hitter.

2 million ayear? No way didn't this guy make 675 last year. I would say 1 million is fine. 1.2 tops. I like him but not for 2 million.

Frank, Ozzie, Robin? Lets bring back Alverez to!!  :lol:

Hey...I'd very much support that move. I wouldn't have any problem giving Wilson 1.5 or 2 mill. I know he pitched his ass of last year, but I don't see a team giving him too much money. He'd be a better investment then Scho considering what Scho will get.

i will never forgive him for screwing up against the flubs two years ago with tjhe bunt that he couldnt put down and his errors but, other then that he was a great utility guy

you are of course speaking of the saturday game against the cubs in 2001

I thought no one remembered that but me

I saw an internet rumor that Boston is interested in signing Graffy. I'd hate to see  him leave, but if he gets a big raise, good for him. Works hard, doesn't take a me first attitude, and produces in his role.

Of course I remember KW saying Graff is a priority, so I'm sure we'll keep him.

The Red Sox have made Graff a one year offer, but haven't heard back from him yet, according to the Boston Herald.

Tony, there is NO f***ING FORCEOUT at 3rd with NOBODY on 1st!!!!

And, say, whatever happened to my avatar thingy? The hell.