September 21Sep 21 2 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:Yeah, the 2nd half of this season has not been good to optimism going forward.Agreed, and to add to Tony’s post, I would say Roch not being a “likely MVP candidate” was a bit disappointing this year.
September 21Sep 21 3 minutes ago, fathom said:Agreed, and to add to Tony’s post, I would say Roch not being a “likely MVP candidate” was a bit disappointing this year.I am going to reserve Roch judgement until he actually gets into the system and gets going. As a Sox fan I am never going to forget two teams talking themselves out of Carlos Rodon in a similar situation.
September 21Sep 21 2 hours ago, mmmmmbeeer said:#1 second baseman in the AL in fwar (2nd in bwar), 4th in MLB 2b war....."super sub"....."he's fine".Dude gets zero respect for what he's done.I was going to say if Meidroth is considered a “super sub” after this season then we’re going to have one helluva good team.
September 21Sep 21 Based on pre-season expectations the 2026 season is a success regardless of any post season play, based on expectations at the asb not making the play offs even via wild card would be a disappointment but still a good season, however based on the position they were in at the trade deadline then failing to reach the post season would not be a success.
September 21Sep 21 This is a success no matter what. Noone in their right mind had this team winning even 70 games yet alone winning 80+.
September 21Sep 21 They're playing with house money at this point. Anything accomplished from here is gravy.
September 21Sep 21 80+ wins - SuccessfulPlayoff berth - Very successfulWin a playoff game - Very successful and excitingAdvance past the first round of the playoffs - Holy s%*#
September 21Sep 21 26 minutes ago, SoxAce said:This is a success no matter what. Noone in their right mind had this team winning even 70 games yet alone winning 80+.Actually a lot of us did.Exceeding low expectations doesn't automatically mean you were successful. If you're taking an exam and you need a 70 to pass, you fail whether you got a 40 or a 69. The only reason the regular season exists is to determine who goes to the postseason. A century + of White Sox mismanagement shouldn't mean our fans have to be happy with failure of a lesser degree. Edited September 21Sep 21 by Green Line
September 21Sep 21 5 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:Regardless of the end of the season playoff participation, this team has won more games after losing 100 the prior season than anyone else has, and they continue to build on it. I would be massively disappointed if they didn’t make the playoffs but I think sometime in the offseason(which could stretch to the summer or even all year if the owners continue playing dumb) I could once again be happy with the Season resultsBUT I, like everyone else, am now greedy and it’s right there. So why not take it X2
September 21Sep 21 This year is a success regardless of their post season potential… but if there isn’t an immortally hanging 2026 Division Championship Banner hanging in Chicago for the rest of time, I’ll forever be a little pissed.
September 21Sep 21 Let's hope the question soon becomes a moot point. Getting hot now and marching thru the playoffs is a real possibility. How's that for success? Let's question the seasons' success after the season. Don't stop now,boys.
September 21Sep 21 6 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:Regardless of the end of the season playoff participation, this team has won more games after losing 100 the prior season than anyone else has, and they continue to build on it. I would be massively disappointed if they didn’t make the playoffs but I think sometime in the offseason(which could stretch to the summer or even all year if the owners continue playing dumb) I could once again be happy with the Season resultsBUT I, like everyone else, am now greedy and it’s right there. So why not take it 2023 Royals 56-1062024 Royals 86-76
September 21Sep 21 In the end it was a fun season to be a fan with some great moments. A small bonus most of these guys are very "likable". I've said before that for me to be a Sox fan for so many years I had to love the game. The experience of going to the ball park. The sights, sounds, crowds. It's always better to win, but in the end I enjoy seeing great baseball. The past few years I have flipped on MLB TV and looked for the best game. Now I am watching each night. I am starting to feel optimistic again. For me I have to rate it a successful season.
September 21Sep 21 I'm stunned by the number of people currently a success, no matter what. The playoff odds sit at above 96%. If they come out of this week without a playoff appearance, it would be a massive choke job.
September 21Sep 21 17 minutes ago, kwill said:I'm stunned by the number of people currently a success, no matter what. The playoff odds sit at above 96%. If they come out of this week without a playoff appearance, it would be a massive choke job.Hoax Fake News WestEddy ballot stuffing/alternate “positive defender” accounts
Thursday at 11:10 PM3 days On 9/21/2026 at 5:08 PM, caulfield12 said:2023 Royals 56-1062024 Royals 86-76*previous 3 seasons is what I meant
Saturday at 12:39 PM1 day Before the season started 75 wins was considered a stretch. This season has exceeded expectations. The team is fun to watch and they have great chemistry. Go Go White Sox
Saturday at 04:29 PM1 day On 9/21/2026 at 12:38 PM, JTB said:I was going to say if Meidroth is considered a “super sub” after this season then we’re going to have one helluva good team. I'd rather that be the farm system like those of teams with sustained success. You can buy into the bogus farm system rankings all you want but the real test is when a big league team overcomes injuries. You don't want sluggish 1B with limited mobility playing the outfield, keeping players from running hard, ect.
Saturday at 05:18 PM1 day 44 minutes ago, kitekrazy1 said:I'd rather that be the farm system like those of teams with sustained success. You can buy into the bogus farm system rankings all you want but the real test is when a big league team overcomes injuries. You don't want sluggish 1B with limited mobility playing the outfield, keeping players from running hard, ect.He was “just” the #8 prospect for Boston, but has put up better numbers than Campbell M.Mayer Anthony, etc., this year.And Teel and Braden, too.That said, Boston’s not going to trade us Anthony for him.And their young pitching development has been pretty stellar with Crochet out for most of the year.
28 minutes ago28 min I deleted a few pithy attempts at posts. Yes. If they missed the playoffs, this team has been a success for what was expected of them.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.