3 hours ago3 hr The Sox can beat the Astros. It comes down to pitching. The Sox can't have their starter giving up 3-4 runs in the first inning or two, which we've seen too many times lately.
2 hours ago2 hr 1 hour ago, 35thstreetswarm said:Sox are playing the worst team in the playoffs by record. Still salty about the division but you can't ask for a better draw.I think the Sox can win in Houston, but having watching a lot of both the Astros and the Rangers lately, I would have liked to play the Rangers . bad things always seem to happen in Houston (well not always) Edited 2 hours ago2 hr by White Sox Park I forgot to add something
2 hours ago2 hr "The 2026 White Sox won just 84 games, but did so in front of fans that reasoned 75 victories was an aspirational goal, and repaid the overage in enthusiasm.Could they have won more? They certainly thought so, and rue an early-September slide that cost them a division title. They also had 11 walk-off victories, were often stringing together pitching plans that would have made MacGyver nervous, and no team that’s tied itself spiritually to the papacy the way these Sox have can consider themselves starved of blessings."Fegan csuntimes
2 hours ago2 hr Game 1, 5 p.m. ET Tuesday (PCK/NBCSN): David Sandlin (CWS) vs. Peter Lambert (HOU)Game 2 5 p.m. ET Wednesday (PCK/NBCSN): Sean Burke (CWS) vs. Hunter Brown (HOU)Game 3, TBD*: Davis Martin (CWS) vs. Hayden Wesneski (HOU)(*if necessary)
2 hours ago2 hr 4 hours ago, The Mighty Mite said:I’d like to know what genius came up with a 3 game playoff series with one team not getting a home game. A 5 game first round would be more fair with a 2-2-1 rotation.I believe it came from a few competing interests: Didn't want a one-game playoff anymore for competitive reasons (too much randomness in the outcome of a single game)Players did not want to reduce the number of regular season gamesMLB did not want the postseason to end any later in the calendar year (supposedly the TV partners are ready to move on to other programming by late fall, plus the weather gets cold in some markets)So 3 games was the shortest way to go beyond a single game and by playing them all in one place, you don't have to add a travel day. I'm sure rewarding the division winner with a significant home field advantage was a motivation too.
2 hours ago2 hr 2 minutes ago, Jake said:I believe it came from a few competing interests:Didn't want a one-game playoff anymore for competitive reasons (too much randomness in the outcome of a single game)Players did not want to reduce the number of regular season gamesMLB did not want the postseason to end any later in the calendar year (supposedly the TV partners are ready to move on to other programming by late fall, plus the weather gets cold in some markets)So 3 games was the shortest way to go beyond a single game and by playing them all in one place, you don't have to add a travel day. I'm sure rewarding the division winner with a significant home field advantage was a motivation too.A Division winner whose record is not as good as the last Wild Card, some changes are needed.
2 hours ago2 hr 2 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:A Division winner whose record is not as good as the last Wild Card, some changes are needed.Its never going to be perfect. Unless you get rid of divisions, stuff like this will happen. The alternative is AL East teams generally dominating the postseason discussion every year. This is much better.
2 hours ago2 hr 2 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:A Division winner whose record is not as good as the last Wild Card, some changes are needed.Well, I think it makes sense not to mix the two systems by re-seeding. If it's all about record, need to play a balanced schedule (which I would hate as I live on the east coast). Otherwise, have to treat winning a division like it's better than failing to win a division. This system will help the Sox more than it hurts them. FWIW, home field advantage in baseball is very small. Home teams win about 54% of the time in the regular season, more like 52% in the playoffs.
1 hour ago1 hr Going up against 3 righties (if they go 3). Going to need Mune and Colson to run into some stuff. That is a bit worrisome, especially with Colson lately.
54 minutes ago54 min 12 hours ago, caulfield12 said:Have to walk Alvarez and force Paredes to beat youYou know damn well we’re pitching to Alvarez every time.
44 minutes ago44 min 4 hours ago, The Mighty Mite said:One thing MLB can do is go back to a 154 game series freeing up more time for the playoffs. So many useless games are being played in late September anyway.That's the answer, but they'll never do that. As it is, prefer this system over the 1-game wildcard.
37 minutes ago37 min 5 hours ago, The Mighty Mite said:I’d like to know what genius came up with a 3 game playoff series with one team not getting a home game. A 5 game first round would be more fair with a 2-2-1 rotation.It's because they're already starting the season in March (March 25 this year) and the World Series is already pushing into November (actually Game 7 would be on Halloween this year). There really isn't room for a best of 5 wild card round with travel days without making the season's length even more ridiculous with possibly frigid temperature at the beginning and end unless they cut the regular season back to 154 games.
31 minutes ago31 min 6 hours ago, The Mighty Mite said:I’d like to know what genius came up with a 3 game playoff series with one team not getting a home game. A 5 game first round would be more fair with a 2-2-1 rotation.I hate the new format. I like the 2nd WC but I think it should be a 5 game series. I get what @77 Hitmen is saying but I also think there are ways to make it work. Nobody wants in season doubleheaders tho. Edited 30 minutes ago30 min by chitownsportsfan
25 minutes ago25 min 14 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:Anybody want to project the playoff roster? I don't believe Pham is eligible everybody else no in IL is, I believe. 13 pitcher max.OF: Doyle, Peters, Beni, Grichuk, MontgomeryIF: Acuna, Vargas, Meidroth, Mune, Colson, AntC: Teel, RogersP: Taylor, Hagen, Burke, Kay, Fedde, Hicks, Sandlin, Newcomb, Martin, Hudson, Noah, Brazoban, RichardsThey love Richards but he and his 91MPH fastball have been getting hit hard lately.
22 minutes ago22 min 1 minute ago, GreenSox said:They love Richards but he and his 91MPH fastball have been getting hit hard lately.With the 40 man as it is it seems like they are just going to roll with him and hope he's just the mop up. I'd imagine Fedde and Kay will be used out of the pen if they don't start. Martin I don't know, he's probably closer to Richards' role than getting any starts. I think your starters are Burke and Fedde as crazy as that sounds. 3rd game would maybe be Kay or you try a bullpen day, which I wouldn't be opposed to in principle. Edited 21 minutes ago21 min by chitownsportsfan
20 minutes ago20 min 3 minutes ago, GreenSox said:They love Richards but he and his 91MPH fastball have been getting hit hard lately.I think people overrate how much they "love" Richards. He's pretty much the mop up or innings eating guy. We see him a lot because his role is to take innings when the game isn't really hanging in the balance. There were a few times he was forced into a high leverage spot, but for the most part was just a mop up guy.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.