11 hours ago11 hr So our Sox will be the only road team to win today. Edited 11 hours ago11 hr by wegner
11 hours ago11 hr 22 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:Thank you for staying on topic and following through on a single, discrete, coherent point. You’re doing god’s work and are appreciated.Starting pitching and entire staffs are two quite different things...https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/49989936/mlb-2026-playoffs-postseason-rotation-tiers-pitching-dodgers-brewers-yankees-phillies-red-soxlast here and at The Athletic out of 12 and 15 teams rankedCBS had them just behind Cubs and ahead of Houstonnormally when you talk about pitching, it's the rotation that the majority of people think of first
11 hours ago11 hr Author 2 hours ago, Autumn Dreamin said:Remarkable performance from SchlittlerMan, I would kill to be able to find a starter like that.
11 hours ago11 hr 1 minute ago, BigHurt3515 said:Man, I would kill to be able to find a starter like that.CollegesNortheastern University (Boston,MA)Drafted/Signed2022-7-220-New York YankeesSigning Bonus$ 205,000Service Time0.082 (2025)Northeast scouting!!!Burke Vasil there was one more Sox pitcher from that regionmaybe Newcomb? yes Brockton MA"And within a 24-hour span, Sean Burke, Mike Vasil, Jared Shuster and Shane Smith each pitched off Fenway’s mound as major leaguers for the first time." Edited 11 hours ago11 hr by caulfield12
10 hours ago10 hr Maybe the Cubs and Red Sox were both dragging from the extra travel to play that game at the Trop?
5 hours ago5 hr 5 hours ago, Autumn Dreamin said:Maybe the Cubs and Red Sox were both dragging from the extra travel to play that game at the Trop?Red Sox aren’t good and the Cubs were too streaky this year and the Padres are on fire.
4 hours ago4 hr 9 hours ago, caulfield12 said:they subtracted Luis Castillo's contract thereHe’s not on the Wild Card roster, so of course they subtracted him.
4 hours ago4 hr 6 hours ago, Autumn Dreamin said:Maybe the Cubs and Red Sox were both dragging from the extra travel to play that game at the Trop?Marlins series did them in them then they double header ended everything. The Sunday game allowed them to see if Bregman was healthy.
3 hours ago3 hr 8 hours ago, BigHurt3515 said:Man, I would kill to be able to find a starter like that.King looked terrific as well
2 hours ago2 hr 9 hours ago, chw42 said:Petco is such a great park. I finally saw a game there last month and the vibes are amazing.Absolutely. I’ve been to 13 of the current parks and it’s easily one of the best if not the best that I’ve been to.EDIT: And I’ve been to Oracle Park and PNC Park too. Those 3 are far above the rest I’ve been to. Edited 2 hours ago2 hr by 77 Hitmen
2 hours ago2 hr 9 hours ago, Buehrle>Wood said:Wow. That was absolutely electric from TatisPadres fans must absolutely love Rick Hahn.
2 hours ago2 hr 9 hours ago, chw42 said:Yup the atmosphere is awesome. Easy to hang out before and after the games with all the bars around there. The stadium is really well integrated into the whole gas lamp district. You can take a glance into the stadium just walking around the neighborhood. It's a little like Wrigley, but actually well designed and modern. Also don't have to deal with annoying Cubs fans.We are Sox fans. All we need is Perfectly Fine and Parking Lots.
2 hours ago2 hr 1 hour ago, SoxBlanco said:He’s not on the Wild Card roster, so of course they subtracted him.I believe the technical term is addition by subtraction
2 hours ago2 hr Bears win big on MNF, Sox win first playoff game in 5 years, and Cubs lose big. That was a great 2 days in Chicago sports.
2 hours ago2 hr 1 hour ago, wegner said:King looked terrific as wellOff-season target I want the Sox to pursue
1 hour ago1 hr 27 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:Off-season target I want the Sox to pursueCompletely off my radar but I love this idea.
1 hour ago1 hr 1 hour ago, 77 Hitmen said:Bears win big on MNF, Sox win first playoff game in 5 years, and Cubs lose big. That was a great 2 days in Chicago sports.Hatewatch of the cubs post game last night was hilarious.
1 hour ago1 hr 22 minutes ago, Colome's Hat said:Completely off my radar but I love this idea.He's got an opt-out which you think he would exercise to get a multi-year deal.Edit: I lied. He's got an opt out of his 2027 salary of $28M ($5M buyout) and one for 2028 salary of $30M. So he would have to beat 2/$53M but he's 31 so you think he would be able to get at least a 4-year deal. Edited 1 hour ago1 hr by Bob Sacamano
1 hour ago1 hr 2 hours ago, wegner said:King looked terrific as wellHoping Taylor has a similar career to King, minus the trades of course. Elite pen arm to elite closer to elite starter.
58 minutes ago58 min How do the Yankees always end up with these ridiculously dominating pitchers when they draft so low every year.
56 minutes ago56 min 1 hour ago, 77 Hitmen said:Padres fans must absolutely love Rick Hahn.Can you imagine if he were the Sox shortstop now?
51 minutes ago51 min 1 hour ago, 77 Hitmen said:Absolutely. I’ve been to 13 of the current parks and it’s easily one of the best if not the best that I’ve been to.EDIT: And I’ve been to Oracle Park and PNC Park too. Those 3 are far above the rest I’ve been to.Yeah those 3 are great. I’ve been to 16 of the current parks and my top 5 are Petco, PNC, Oracle, Wrigley (fight me) and Fenway.Honorable mention to Coors.
15 minutes ago15 min Astros players blast their own fans for booing, not showing up to playoff losshttps://www.nytimes.com/athletic/7644992/2026/09/30/astros-loss-game-1-fans-frustration/“The fans here are definitely spoiled with a lot of ALCS and World Series runs, and we have to earn that right to bring this team back to that position,” reliever Bennett Sousa said. “That being said, when this team was in their first (playoff) series 10 years ago, Minute Maid Park was probably packed. It makes a big difference. If we were in Chicago, it’d probably be loud as s—.”“I’m not going to lie to you, I was pretty pissed off in the dugout when I came in, about the boos,” Sousa said. “This team has laid a lot on the line to be in this position to give the fans a playoff game — a playoff series. We want their support.”It looks like the Braves only had 30k at their playoff game yesterday. The Yankees (who make the playoffs almost every year) had a packed house and so did the Padres (who have made the playoffs 5 times this decade).
12 minutes ago12 min 1 minute ago, 77 Hitmen said:Astros players blast their own fans for booing, not showing up to playoff losshttps://www.nytimes.com/athletic/7644992/2026/09/30/astros-loss-game-1-fans-frustration/“The fans here are definitely spoiled with a lot of ALCS and World Series runs, and we have to earn that right to bring this team back to that position,” reliever Bennett Sousa said. “That being said, when this team was in their first (playoff) series 10 years ago, Minute Maid Park was probably packed. It makes a big difference. If we were in Chicago, it’d probably be loud as s—.”“I’m not going to lie to you, I was pretty pissed off in the dugout when I came in, about the boos,” Sousa said. “This team has laid a lot on the line to be in this position to give the fans a playoff game — a playoff series. We want their support.”It looks like the Braves only had 30k at their playoff game yesterday. The Yankees (who make the playoffs almost every year) had a packed house and so did the Padres (who have made the playoffs 5 times this decade).The Guardians had 26-29k last year for their WC day games. I'm sure if the Yankees played at 1pm and it wasnt a big rivalry like the Red Sox they would have smaller numbers too, or not since New York has so many people.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.