Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Schriffen: "It's been an amazing three years". Implies that them calling Sox games together is over. Could Stone be on his way out?

Featured Replies

If you liked Caray and Piersall, I think the closest you're going to get is Schriffen and Plesac. Main difference is Schriff and Plesac are high on life.

  • Replies 91
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • If Schiff is gone, I'm never standing up again.

  • I can’t believe there are people that think McKnight is good. I get not liking Schriffen, but McKnight has just as many warts.

  • Bob Sacamano
    Bob Sacamano

    I actually think a "cookie cutter" PBP guy would be an upgrade over a non-baseball guy like Schriff at least

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Man I didn’t ever feel like Stone really liked Schriffen, all he did was hang him out to dry and refuse to play into what he perceived were dumb questions . I think this parting of ways has just as much to do with Stone as it does the broadcaster ratings that put them in the bottom third every year

stone is a punk imo. he thinks his s%*# doesn't stink he used to do it with hawk too.

2 minutes ago, Jake said:

If you liked Caray and Piersall, I think the closest you're going to get is Schriffen and Plesac. Main difference is Schriff and Plesac are high on life.

I have no issues if that was the team moving forward. BUT, i know it won't be...........

Bring Wayne Randzazzo home to Chicago!

3 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

stone is a punk imo. he thinks his s%*# doesn't stink he used to do it with hawk too.

Yes. I'm no big Schriffen fan but I thought Stone's treatment of him reflected a lot more poorly on Stone than on Schriffen. Stone shows his true colors on social media -- where is a comically thin-skinned and embittered old man -- and it's shining through more and more on the air as well. It's a shame because his insights and baseball knowledge are genuinely helpful and informative, but spoiled by his increasing unlikability.

18 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Just blue check Sox accounts. The algo is straight garbage to be fair. You like one tweet and suddenly your entire feed is that account or topic. It's maddening. I actually have stopped liking or retweeing certain things just because I don't want my entire feed to be flooded.

Use the following tab for your display. Never leave it up to the algo.

image.png

|

V

image.png

15 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Man I didn’t ever feel like Stone really liked Schriffen, all he did was hang him out to dry and refuse to play into what he perceived were dumb questions . I think this parting of ways has just as much to do with Stone as it does the broadcaster ratings that put them in the bottom third every year

I honestly couldn't tell you the last long term broadcaster he was partnered with he didn't look down on.

8 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

Yes. I'm no big Schriffen fan but I thought Stone's treatment of him reflected a lot more poorly on Stone than on Schriffen. Stone shows his true colors on social media -- where is a comically thin-skinned and embittered old man -- and it's shining through more and more on the air as well. It's a shame because his insights and baseball knowledge are genuinely helpful and informative, but spoiled by his increasing unlikability.

Honestly, if given the choice, I would retire Stone first. Then replace Schiff.

I'd like to see them go to a 3 man booth - get Gordon, Plesac and AJP to be more engaged to better transition for when Stoney retires plus allows good flexibility for the crew.

8 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

I'd like to see them go to a 3 man booth - get Gordon, Plesac and AJP to be more engaged to better transition for when Stoney retires plus allows good flexibility for the crew.

As much as I would love it, AJ isn't loyal enough for Jerry. Zero chance at that.

Harry and Jimmy were the best. They were entertaining and they both knew a great deal about baseball.

Hawk was fun when things were going well but was insufferable when things were going bad. His last couple of seasons were terrible.

I never cared for Benetti. Too much of a nerd and too silly.

Schriffen is definitely not astute when it comes to baseball, but I found him a lot more entertaining to listen to than Benetti. I actually enjoyed hearing his "Yeah Buddy!" and "Stand Up Southside!" calls because he was so enthusiastic and I found them funny in a good way. Not saying he was a great announcer, and the Sox could and should do a lot better, but I'd rather see him stay than bring in another boring guy.

Someone suggested Kasper and DJ moving to TV. I would love that. Kasper is a competent PBP guy and I always found DJ to be a very likeable personality and he also knows his baseball.

AJ Pierzynski is the guy I'd like to see in in the Sox TV booth some day, probably as the analyst.

Plesac is okay, but please keep Gordon Beckham away.

All just my personal opinions.

Edited by South Side Fireworks Man

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

As much as I would love it, AJ isn't loyal enough for Jerry. Zero chance at that.

Feel like if that ever happens it will be down the line when Ishbia takes over

Not sure who would take over for Schriffen doing PBP going forward, I like McKnight in the sideline role but not a huge fan of him calling games. Sox need to find someone like Milwaukee has with Brian Anderson (not the former Sox OF). Electric calls when the time is right and very knowledgeable of the game.

I actually really like Adam Amin when he calls baseball games but I don't know if he would do a fulltime baseball schedule when Bulls season ends on top of his national broadcasting duties. Rumor was Jerry didn't like Benetti having so many other outside obligations but I don't believe that's the actual reason he wasn't brought back. Other thing with Amin is I believe he's a Cubs fan but that probably doesn't really matter that much since he's such a pro.

11 minutes ago, hoosiersoxfan said:

Feel like if that ever happens it will be down the line when Ishbia takes over

Not sure who would take over for Schriffen doing PBP going forward, I like McKnight in the sideline role but not a huge fan of him calling games. Sox need to find someone like Milwaukee has with Brian Anderson (not the former Sox OF). Electric calls when the time is right and very knowledgeable of the game.

I actually really like Adam Amin when he calls baseball games but I don't know if he would do a fulltime baseball schedule when Bulls season ends on top of his national broadcasting duties. Rumor was Jerry didn't like Benetti having so many other outside obligations but I don't believe that's the actual reason he wasn't brought back. Other thing with Amin is I believe he's a Cubs fan but that probably doesn't really matter that much since he's such a pro.

I can totally get behind Adam Amin as the PBP guy

Anyone but Zach Zaidman. 🤢 🤮

I say put mics in front of Chuck and Ozzie during the broadcasts and let whatever happens happen.

6 minutes ago, Snopek said:

I say put mics in front of Chuck and Ozzie during the broadcasts and let whatever happens happen.

Look if there was a pay feed to hear Ozzie's thoughts live during a game, I would be all over it.

1 hour ago, Chisoxfn said:

I'd like to see them go to a 3 man booth - get Gordon, Plesac and AJP to be more engaged to better transition for when Stoney retires plus allows good flexibility for the crew.

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

As much as I would love it, AJ isn't loyal enough for Jerry. Zero chance at that.

Yep, I thought AJ was on this current ownership group's persona non grata list along with Big Frank, Black Jack, and I want to say several others.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.