Sox make offer to Angels???

EvilJester99

Ramon has been solid out of the pen for the Angels but as a starter he has sucked big time. I wouldn't want this trade either but was wondering if anyone else heard this. So many damn rumors flying around now. I do hope KW pulls off something good very soon. I am getting too damn impatient.

I see the sox will just let Uribe be the SS then for the rest of the season.. ;)

I don't think I like that. I like having the problem of appearing deep on the offensive side, where we have Jose, Uribe, and Willie all being able to play a little of either SS, 2B, or CF. I really don't want to give up anyone on the offensive side of the team.

I don't think I like that.  I like having the problem of appearing deep on the offensive side, where we have Jose, Uribe, and Willie all being able to play a little of either SS, 2B, or CF.  I really don't want to give up anyone on the offensive side of the team.

Which is why I dont see this deal happening. Just another rumor floating around.

I don't think I like that.  I like having the problem of appearing deep on the offensive side, where we have Jose, Uribe, and Willie all being able to play a little of either SS, 2B, or CF.  I really don't want to give up anyone on the offensive side of the team.

Well if jose is traded that opens the door for a finley or a beltran(will never happen) basically if jose is gone I think kenny would go out and look for that left handed pop to play center field. I'm sure kenny's thinking behind this is to give ortiz a shot to close not to have him start.

Ortiz has a 1.35 era as a reliever. While I definitely think jose for ramon straight up would be dumb if anaheim adds a prospect or two it might be something to thinkg about. Like I said before he'd probably get a shot to close. It would also free up another 1.5 million while not a ton it's something and could definitely help in making another trade for a garcia or a finely, just something to think about. :)

"But with Sele and closer Troy Percival on the DL and Ortiz pitching far better since he was dropped from the rotation in early May, there appears to be virtually no chance of the Angels' trading Ortiz any time soon."

We'll just have to see.

This trade doesn't make much sense for either team. I really don't think the Sox can afford to trade Valentin. Crede is really struggling, Harris and Uribe might regress in the 2nd half, and Maggs is still out. On the Anaheim side, with Sele going down to injury and only 1 starter with an ERA below 5.35, I don't think the Angels have the luxery to trade a pitcher. Furthermore, I am not a big fan of Ortiz. The guy has a very good arm, but has never put together a really good season. I think a power hitting SS/3B like Valentin has a little more value than an inconsistant unproven starter. If the Sox are going to get a pitcher from the Angels, than it better be either Shields or Gregg.

I don't think the Sox can address their 5th starter hole for a bottom of the rotation starter. I think that the Sox top 4 have overachieved to some extent this far, and could regress some in the 2nd half(3 bad starts in a row as we currently speak). The Sox need a front of the rotation starter(with everyone else moving down a slot) if they are serious about contending. They can't settle for question marks like Ortiz, Benson, or Contreras and hope for the best.