• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You must be one of them Disco fans.

Nope.

Baseball fan.

( I was more of a punk kid during that era, facts be told )

There's a time and a place for everything and that was NOT the place - might have been the time, though.

Plus, it made a local legend out of a subpar morning schtick jock and he's been riding it ever since.

Hello all - I haven't posted for awhile...but I've been reading.

I was 13 and remember watching the game on channel 44 WSNS back then. I think we were playing the Tigers...

I can remember the whole anti-disco thing and the Loop with steve Dahl's insance coho lips ( or something like that).

Can't believe it was 25 years ago! Talk about getting old!

listened to the first game on the radio

and was damn happy when it happened!!!

let's do it for michael jackson cd's this season

(after the last game of the world series of course!!)

:huh :headshake

25 years ago?  I was dating my future ex-wife.  :lol:

I was just married to the non ex wife, 6 months in, and we had moved from Detroit to where we were at then. To me Steve Dahl was and always will be a detroit disk jockey (and like Cheat, I never will listen to him but unlike Cheat I couldn't stand him in Detroit either) who was new to Chicago. It was a double header and we had tiger baseball on and announcer Al Kaline was stunned - and so was I.

It was not funny, it was not remotely funny. Nothing ever made us look worse.

We were at a game a few weeks later and the outfield was in pathetic shape and stayed that way through the end of the season. It was as if it had been gouged by giants. It was horrible.

2k4, tell your dad to re-check. I am not for correcting someone else's father but it was between games of a doubleheader. We forfeited game 2. But they did play the next day. IIRC.

I was just married to the non ex wife, 6 months in, and we had moved from Detroit to where we were at then.  To me Steve Dahl was and always will be a detroit disk jockey (and like Cheat, I never will listen to him but unlike Cheat I couldn't stand him in Detroit either) who was new to Chicago.  It was a double header and we had tiger baseball on and announcer Al Kaline was stunned - and so was I.

It was not funny, it was not remotely funny.  Nothing ever made us look worse.

We were at a game a few weeks later and the outfield was in pathetic shape and stayed that way through the end of the season.  It was as if it had been gouged by giants.  It was horrible.

2k4, tell your dad to re-check.  I am not for correcting someone else's father but it was between games of a doubleheader.  We forfeited game 2.  But they did play the next day.  IIRC.

There was a reason he couldn't go the next day. It has been a long time since I heard the story, so I forget all of the detail. All I remember is Disco Sucks, and the Sox had to forfiet.

There was a reason he couldn't go the next day.  It has been a long time since I heard the story, so I forget all of the detail.  All I remember is Disco Sucks, and the Sox had to forfiet.

you are lucky to have a father who is a Sox fan!

In fact, you are blessed.

My best to you and your father :headbang