sox got swindled by new york in loaiza deal

Obstacle 1

Do you think it would be worth signing Estey for a 1 year, 1 million dollar contract to be the 5th starter next year? Or is he returning to his old self, in which we shouldn't take a gamble on him.

Personally I have seen enough of ELo. He had one good season in his whole career. Most people would call that a fluke. There are a lot better pitcher out there to get. Pass.

Do you think it would be worth signing Estey for a 1 year, 1 million dollar contract to be the 5th starter next year? Or is he returning to his old self, in which we shouldn't take a gamble on him.

Hell na we don’t need Loaiza back. KW said so himself that he’s going after a good FA starting pitcher in the off season and I can assure you Loaiza is not even in his list of pitchers to acquire.

Hell na we don’t need Loaiza back. KW said so himself that he’s going after a good FA starting pitcher in the off season and I can assure you Loaiza is not even in his list of pitchers to acquire.

yeah, i just hope KW doesn't do with Loaiza what he did with Everett and Alomar...and bring them back to "put us over the top" at the trade deadline next year. There is no need for a fifth starter anyways....what we need is another #2 or #3 pitcher to possibly bump Garland to #5.

yeah, i just hope KW doesn't do with Loaiza what he did with Everett and Alomar...and bring them back to "put us over the top" at the trade deadline next year.  There is no need for a fifth starter anyways....what we need is another #2 or #3 pitcher to possibly bump Garland to #5.

And Garland as a "5" WILL win his 14-15 games, because of the matchups he would have (assuming injuries don't smack the starters next year). If that happens, this team will be SOLID next year.

Let's see if they go get that #2-#3 starter...

whew, man Im glad we got Contreras for Loaiza.... we have definatley won this deal, Contreras has been lights out for us while Loaiza has been  :puke  for the Yanks

The Sox still have Contreras for another two years, I want to see him keep getting better and live up to his potential before I call the Sox a winner.

Unlike the Yanks, the Sox will be on the tab for Conteras the next two years (Ya, the Yanks may owe a little of his contract, but the Sox pay the bulk of it) so It will be very important for him to pitch well these next two years for this deal to truly be called a winner.

Its a winning move for the Yanks regardless caus they freed up payroll next year and the following year, because Conteras wasn't gonna suceed in New York.

Averaging about 1 ER a game..... now THAT'S lights out.

Santana=most underrated pitcher in the LEAGUE

Saw him pitch this weekend in Anahiem, holy crap he shows you why he's so good. His fastball just jumps out of his hands and no one can touch his offspeed stuff. He's still got to work on his command, and if he does that, he'll win multiple cy young awards.

He now joins Mulder, Unit and Buehrle as some of my favorite pitchers to watch (notice how I really like watching the lefties, lol).