Sox Best Players

Old Socks

Can I be an odd person and include Frank Thomas in that list too?

He only played half a year, and still had the 2nd most walks on the team. He damn near hit 20 homers, and he almost drove in 50 runs...in half a year.

Had he played a full year, we would still be alive...we wouldn't win it, but we'd be alive.

The question is will he have another 2002 type season trying to recover from being out for so long?  It seems like it takes him an extra year to make a comeback and frankly (no pun intended) I dont know if he has any comebacks left in him.

Why did you have to be that guy.... I've privately thought the same thing to myself, but quickly shooed away the bad thoughts... I get to blame his down year next season on you now ;)

Edited by The Cheat

The question is will he have another 2002 type season trying to recover from being out for so long?  It seems like it takes him an extra year to make a comeback and frankly (no pun intended) I dont know if he has any comebacks left in him.

That is exactly what I am worried about. It is never a good thing when a 270 pound guy starts having foot and ankle problems.

Gload??? Honestly???

I honestly think Gload has been real good for us. Not the greatest in the outfield, but he's hitting well over .300 and hits in the clutch. He seems to hit every game and fits our need for someone who gets on base and a left hander. I have no idea what his OBP is. Just going by what I've seen from watching games via Gameday. Since he's been starting his BA has gone up.

I honestly think Gload has been real good for us. Not the greatest in the outfield, but he's hitting well over .300 and hits in the clutch. He seems to hit every game and fits our need for someone who gets on base and a left hander. I have no idea what his OBP is. Just going by what I've seen from watching games via Gameday. Since he's been starting his BA has gone up.

His obp stands at a nice .378. :D

I don't think Thomas will have too much trouble coming back from this injury compared to his torn triceps in 2001. Mechanically speaking, a torn triceps can reak havoc all over your swing while an ankle injury is only very minor in terms of Frank's swing. I expect Frank to have a .950+ OPS in 2005.

Can I be an odd person and include Frank Thomas in that list too?

He only played half a year, and still had the 2nd most walks on the team.  He damn near hit 20 homers, and he almost drove in 50 runs...in half a year.

Had he played a full year, we would still be alive...we wouldn't win it, but we'd be alive.

If Gload makes it for part of a season (really he only came on in the 2nd half), Thomas makes it easily. He was our best player while he was here.

If Gload makes it for part of a season (really he only came on in the 2nd half), Thomas makes it easily.  He was our best player while he was here.

Gload has been consistant the whole year I don't know why you said he's only been good the 2nd half. His ba wasn't great in the first half but he was still driving in big runs in key situations, Ross has been a consistant hitter all year.

Gload has been consistant the whole year I don't know why you said he's only been good the 2nd half.  His ba wasn't great in the first half but he was still driving in big runs in key situations, Ross has been a consistant hitter all year.

He was okay in the 1st half of the season, fine for a ph (very Daubach-like), but no way was he one of our top players! In the 2nd half, or maybe a bit less, he has been.