Jaret wright signs with the yankees

qwerty

According to the Washington Post, Jaret Wright will sign a three-year deal to pitch for the Yankees.

The contract is in the same neighborhood of Kris Benson's three-year, $22.5 million contract with the Mets. We think that's too high unless Leo Mazzone comes with him. Wright isn't likely to collapse outside Atlanta, but he might not perform much better than Javier Vazquez did last season. Dec. 7 - 11:05 pm et From rotoworld.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/artic...6-2004Dec7.html

If he gets that much they can have him. ;)

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the Washington Post, Jaret Wright will sign a three-year deal to pitch for the Yankees.

The contract is in the same neighborhood of Kris Benson's three-year, $22.5 million contract with the Mets. We think that's too high unless Leo Mazzone comes with him. Wright isn't likely to collapse outside Atlanta, but he might not perform much better than Javier Vazquez did last season. Dec. 7 - 11:05 pm et From rotoworld.

Well this sucks if the yankees signed him but that's way to much money for Jaret.

Welp, that's the end of that. Each and evey f***ing free agent we're "close" to signing signs with someone else.

It sucks but they're getting so much f***in money and we're being smart not to up the offer. Anyways, do you guys think that Vazquez deal might happen now?? Seems like that would be a possibility.

f*** the sox there gonna get every free f***in agent slip away im sick of this I honestly couldnt give a s*** bout jared wright but this is a perfect example of how their organization works! :fyou

Should we have offered vizquel a third year and wright ten million per year?

That is too much money. I don't necessarily agree that he'll stink in NY, but it could happen. I hope that we at least make overtures to Odalis now, but I think Jav is more likely. The market is rebounding people, we might indeed have to give what seems like a lot of money to a pitcher. Name a starting pitching deal that sounded good so far. I would say $6 million for Leiter (which he hasn't signed yet) is the only deal where I feel a club is getting a bargain.

Welp, that's the end of that. Each and evey f***ing free agent we're "close" to signing signs with someone else.

I've just noticed that as well. This is becoming ridiculous. Williams should tell some publication they're close to signing Billy Koch and see what happens. Shouldn't Steinbrenner concern himself with the likes of Pedro Martinez, or Carlos Beltran over Wright?

I'm upset, but Yankees overpaying far exceeds Seattle or Cleveland slightly overbidding. We better get used to the White Sox finishing second in contract negotiations.

Since Williams was "flying under the radar" I suppose we'll never know how close the Yankees offer was to ours.

PLAN D has failed. On to PLAN E, trading for Javier Vasquez.

Guys Kenny like all other yrs has done crap signing cause he dosent have the money. Reinsdorf takes a price he thinks hes worth and will never ever go to players side of what he wants. Basically were to cheap and we cant sign anyone thats good out there. I dont expect sox do anything at all. With thomas hurt and not knowing whats going on with dh position we need konerko more than ever now. I just don't see how we can do anything out there. I know you want to feel good and positive about whats going but please if jared wright gets fat contract what that tell you about other starting pitchers? I gurantee tells ya no one going sign here. Kenny willams at other meeting was like depsreate man trying trade and no one wanted to bite. Heres few good reason why as well. One, Konerko is on his last yr of his contrace and I gurantee some clubs will just wait for him go free agency. Second, some people don't think his value worth that much. I'm not trying get all madd or sad over this but it's been going last few yrs in free agency. I can hear it now " wait to midseason"

If he gets that much they can have him. ;)

Once again The greddy One overpays. :headbang

I love it when that happens and the yanks get murdered in the playoffs LOL!! :headbang :lolhitting

Has anyone seen this reported anywhere else???  Remember how some wierd ass paper had us signing ponson last year.  I'm not saying that's what happened but so far I see no where else reporting this.....

ESPNnews has it in the lower right hand corner, but it says "Report: Wright signs with Yankees"