Films

LosMediasBlancas

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 10:09 PM)
Is Oceans 13 worth seeing? Did anyone see it?

Whoops...I should have read before making this post. Was it better than the 2nd one (wasn't much of a fan than the second one).

We thought so.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(shipps @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 10:50 PM)
Sorry guys but Knocked up was far from hilarious you guys dissappointed me with the reviews that are usually reliable.But I did enjoy it in a little wussy kinda way.

Stupid, brainless and very funny. I enjoyed it tremendously.

"Dude, your pubes better not be all over the toilet again. The last time I took a dump my turd looked like a stuffed animal". :bang

Alright seen ALOT lately so here we go.

Reviews, didnt try to spoil stuff.

The Illusionist- Edward Norton was great in this one like he was in every movie, really tricky movie, if you watch it youll see why. In the end it was good ;) but I still like the other magic movie The Prestige better.

Oceans 13- Jumps around alot, I liked it and it was better than #2 but I wouldnt rank it as high as getting close to better than the first of the set. Funny movie and well put together but I just feel Im paying for a somewhat obvious ending.

Fantastic 4 Silver Surfer- Liked it better than the first, had some sweet graphics and the Surfer dude was just sweet.

Locks stocks and Smoking Barrels- I forget how the name goes, but for a British movie I liked it, similar to that of Boondock Saints if I had to categorize it.

QUOTE(ChWRoCk2 @ Jun 16, 2007 -> 04:53 AM)
Oceans 13- Jumps around alot, I liked it and it was better than #2 but I wouldnt rank it as high as getting close to better than the first of the set. Funny movie and well put together but I just feel Im paying for a somewhat obvious ending.

I really did like Ocean's 13. I'll agree with your assessment that's it's better than #2, but not as good as #1. But, then again, what sequel or threequel is ever better than (or even as good as) the original? Not many, so it didn't disappoint me at all. It did jump around a lot, but that's just the nature of the movie. I really want to watch it again when it comes out on DVD, so I can try to catch more of what's going on.

QUOTE(TheBlackSox8 @ Jun 17, 2007 -> 09:23 PM)
anybody else disappointed at the new PG-13 Die Hard?

I am, but I'm still gonna see it. From clips and scenes, it still looks kick ass, IMO.

QUOTE(Brian @ Jun 18, 2007 -> 02:36 AM)
I am, but I'm still gonna see it. From clips and scenes, it still looks kick ass, IMO.

I agree. When I went to see Ocean's 13 with some of my buddies, we were all like "Holy S***! That looks so badass." Definitely plan on seeing it when it comes out.

I'm also curious about that Will Smith movie coming out in December, I believe, where he's supposedly the last man on Earth. Looked like it could be pretty good. I mean, it does have Will Smith in it afterall.

QUOTE(dasox24 @ Jun 17, 2007 -> 09:39 PM)
I agree. When I went to see Ocean's 13 with some of my buddies, we were all like "Holy S***! That looks so badass." Definitely plan on seeing it when it comes out.

I'm also curious about that Will Smith movie coming out in December, I believe, where he's supposedly the last man on Earth. Looked like it could be pretty good. I mean, it does have Will Smith in it afterall.

I Am Legend.

QUOTE(dasox24 @ Jun 17, 2007 -> 09:09 PM)
I really did like Ocean's 13. I'll agree with your assessment that's it's better than #2, but not as good as #1. But, then again, what sequel or threequel is ever better than (or even as good as) the original? Not many, so it didn't disappoint me at all. It did jump around a lot, but that's just the nature of the movie. I really want to watch it again when it comes out on DVD, so I can try to catch more of what's going on.

I bet if I could remember Oceans 12 I would have caught onto the beginning quicker but I still love these technical prank type movies :D

QUOTE(dasox24 @ Jun 17, 2007 -> 09:39 PM)

Yeah that movie with Will Smith looks like it could be a good one. Definitely looking forward to that. Based on a book also never read it though.

QUOTE(Brian @ Jun 17, 2007 -> 10:01 PM)
From what I read....it's a vampire movie.

Based off a book of the same title. It'll be butchered in the film version (as it has been under previous installments), but neverless, I'm interested in how Will Smith's character is portrayed. As with the "vampires" roaming New York.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(ChWRoCk2 @ Jun 17, 2007 -> 08:04 PM)
Yeah that movie with Will Smith looks like it could be a good one. Definitely looking forward to that. Based on a book also never read it though.

Richard Matheson - read it. It'll be better than the movie I guarantee it.

btwm just watched Infernal Affairs tonite. Pretty good, but not as good as The Departed.

Has anyone watched any of those Horrorfest films?

Beautiful and heartwarming trailer for next year's Pixar film WALL-E.

According to Pixar chief John Lasseter:

WALL-E is the story about the last little robot on Earth. He is a robot that his programming was to help clean up. You see, it's set way in the future. Through consumerism, rampant, unchecked consumerism, the Earth was covered with trash. And to clean up, everyone had to leave Earth and set in place millions of these little robots that went around to clean up the trash and make Earth habitable again.

Well, the cleanup program failed with the exception of this one little robot and he's left on Earth doing his duty all alone. But it's not a story about science fiction. It's a love story, because, you see, WALL-E falls in love with [Eve], a robot from a probe that comes down to check on Earth, and she's left there to check on and see how things are going and he absolutely falls in love with her.

Edited by RibbieRubarb