AJ Pierzynski news

Southside hitmen

Who was that reliever who was with us like 2 days last year? We brought him into a game and he went ape s*** on the ump after a bad call and got thrown out of the game. The next day K Dubs sent him packing.  Kenny don't F around.

That would be the lovable Mr. Jose Paniagua :fyou :fyou

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Page 2 of the Ben Davis is non-tendered thread, there was no less than 3 people saying  that it was just a move so that Davis would sign for less money... acting like it was a risk that he would be anywhere else is naive.  It's a standard move that plenty of teams perform.  Complaining about it is just dumb... OMG, I'm so mad the sox saved money!!!

You are correct.

There is little doubt the whole thing was arranged. If it wasn't, what are the odds a contract gets done in that short a time period?

However, the next time something like this happens, it's likely the same people will get out on the ledge, jump up and down and scream.

But when it works out like it did today with B. Davis they won't say a thing ... they'll just go out onto the next ledge and start screaming about something else.

Kenny Williams needs to be fired right away..i cant take him anymore...we are not going to sign s***!!! I'm tired of his stupid excuses..and i am a die hard sox fan..but kenny can keep believing we will compete...we have a manager who cant speak english..and a gm that sux!!!! we are no better than a 4th place team...failed on signing clement...pierzinski...vizquel...TAKE A CHANCE damn am i pissed!

and ben davis sucks! he is a back-up at best..thats it..why do we keep believing in untalented players!!!! Guys we need to sell the team...to comcast..get a new gm that wants to spend money and take chances...its like kenny is scared..but not scared to trade carlos away..and get a .244 ladoff hitter..and a RP...

I agree that if the White Sox thought he was going to be an asshole and a problem on the team they souldn't have signed him... I'm just pissed that KW ran the risk of losing Davis at this point... 99% or not, the Cavs in the NBA had an agreement with Boozer that he would resign with them, then he bolted to the Jazz... s*** happens... I'm OK with Burke/Davis if KW does something else... but would have HATED Burke/whoever is left...

Not so much.

Boozer was under contract with the Jazz at the time of his request. He wanted to be let out of his current contract and assured the Jazz his new contract would be with them.

Davis was not under contract. Kenny knew what he was doing. This is a standard move.

Kenny Williams needs to be fired right away..i cant take him anymore...we are not going to sign s***!!!  I'm tired of his stupid excuses..and i am a die hard sox fan..but kenny can keep believing we will compete...we have a manager who cant speak english..and a gm that sux!!!!  we are no better than a 4th place team...failed on signing clement...pierzinski...vizquel...TAKE A CHANCE damn am i pissed!

Just curious, but do you actually think that if there was another GM here that he would be making different moves. Doubt it seriously. It ain't the GM folks. I actually think Kenny does a good job with what he's given. So, all you b****ers get the hell off the bus and turn in your White Sox gear, cuz I, for one, am sick of hearing all of this.

What's the damn problem? You want to root for a team that signs everyone, go root for the Yankees. I'll gladly take your season tickets.

Just curious, but do you actually  think that if there was another GM here that he would be making different moves.  Doubt it seriously.  It ain't the GM folks.  I actually think Kenny does a good job with what he's given.  So, all you b****ers get the hell off the bus and turn in your White Sox gear, cuz I, for one, am sick of hearing all of this.

What's the damn problem?  You want to root for a team that signs everyone, go root for the Yankees.  I'll gladly take your season tickets.

First of all Mr. Pennnigton we can complain if we want. Its our perrogative as a fans of the team. Who is saying anything about the yankees. How about a payroll of a mid market team. Not the payroll of the KC royals. Its also not like anyone has recent history to go off of to say that these moves are nothing more than money dumping to make a buck. I do remember in 94 and 97 moves being made that only benefitted JR and not the welfare of the team.

So am I skepticle as a life long sox fan of his motives behind our roster moves yes. I get sick and tired of seeing the happy no matter what society get all over people for expressing their concern. If KW and JR make the moves necessary(get a FA pitcher to address number 5 and maybe a utility IF)then hey I will be the first person to say I was wrong. Nobody is advocating spending 200 million for Beltran. But when you start playing the shuffle game to keep your payroll under a low amount even for this team it gets a bit silly. We are also not asking for JR to go broke, just reinvest earnings into the team to make the team better. The Comcast deal, the increase of the ticket prices, and the forbes 2004 ratings on net earnings all pose that JR has some money to reinvest in the team.

So far this offseason he traded a 300 hitter who had 30 homers for a reliever and a leadoff guy. His reasoning was to change the makeup of the team. This I buy and I like. And then to reinvest this money into a FA pitcher which JR himself said was the reason we lost the division last year. This from the chairman of the team. Well the first thing we see is that he enters into the FA market underbidding other teams. 3 years 7 mill for Clement wasnt going to get it done. There were already offers on the table for clement at that rate without the big boys entering the market. Yes it is more than he is worth, but its all about supply and demand. Now KW he talks about how we might not spend this money until July. Does this inspire good feelings for whitesox fans. Unless you have your head in the ground, no.

So if he goes into the ST with the team pretty much the same, with the 5th starter as Grilli , pocketing the savings and moving into the season with a 64 million dollar payroll then I ask you are you a happy camper. If you are I question your baseball know-how.

If you dont like the people complaining dont read their posts. But dont question anyones loyalties to the team. These are people that dump a ton of money, and their love into this team. I go to spring training every single year, to soxfest, I watch about every single game, and I go to about 30 games a year. So if I complain about some of the moves on this team its my opinion. If you dont like it or like others opinions then express it or ignore it. There are lots of peoples opions on this board I dont agree with but I dont tell them to turn in their sox gear. Get a grip.

First of all Mr. Pennnigton we can complain if we want.  Its our perrogative as a fans of the team.  Who is saying anything about the yankees.  How about a payroll of a mid market team.  Not the payroll of the KC royals.  Its also not like anyone has recent history to go off of to say that these moves are nothing more than money dumping to make a buck.  I do remember in 94 and 97 moves being made that only benefitted JR and not the welfare of the team. 

So am I skepticle as a life long sox fan of his motives behind our roster moves yes.  I get sick and tired of seeing the happy no matter what society get all over people for expressing their concern.  If KW and JR make the moves necessary(get a FA pitcher to address number 5 and maybe a utility IF)then hey I will be the first person to say I was wrong.  Nobody is advocating spending 200 million for Beltran.  But when you start playing the shuffle game to keep your payroll under a low amount even for this team it gets a bit silly.  We are also not asking for JR to go broke, just reinvest earnings into the team to make the team better.  The Comcast deal, the increase of the ticket prices, and the forbes 2004 ratings on net earnings all pose that JR has some money to reinvest in the team.

So far this offseason he traded a 300 hitter who had 30 homers for a reliever and a leadoff guy.  His reasoning was to change the makeup of the team.  This I buy and I like.  And then to reinvest this money into a FA pitcher which JR himself said was the reason we lost the division last year. This from the chairman of the team.  Well the first thing we see is that he enters into the FA market underbidding other teams.  3 years 7 mill for Clement wasnt going to get it done.  There were already offers on the table for clement at that rate without the big boys entering the market.  Yes it is more than he is worth, but its all about supply and demand.  Now KW he talks about how we might not spend this money until July.  Does this inspire good feelings for whitesox fans.  Unless you have your head in the ground, no. 

So if he goes into the ST with the team pretty much the same, with the 5th starter as Grilli , pocketing the savings and moving into the season with a 64 million dollar payroll then I ask you are you a happy camper.  If you are I question your baseball know-how. 

If you dont like the people complaining dont read their posts.  But dont question anyones loyalties to the team.  These are people that dump a ton of money, and their love into this team.  I go to spring training every single year, to soxfest, I watch about every single game, and I go to about 30 games a year.  So if I complain about some of the moves on this team its my opinion.  If you dont like it or like others opinions then express it or ignore it.  There are lots of peoples opions on this board I dont agree with but I dont tell them to turn in their sox gear.  Get a grip.

I found this post to be extremely well written and dead on. Thanks for the comment.

First of all Mr. Pennnigton we can complain if we want.  Its our perrogative as a fans of the team.  Who is saying anything about the yankees.  How about a payroll of a mid market team.  Not the payroll of the KC royals.  Its also not like anyone has recent history to go off of to say that these moves are nothing more than money dumping to make a buck.  I do remember in 94 and 97 moves being made that only benefitted JR and not the welfare of the team. 

So am I skepticle as a life long sox fan of his motives behind our roster moves yes.  I get sick and tired of seeing the happy no matter what society get all over people for expressing their concern.  If KW and JR make the moves necessary(get a FA pitcher to address number 5 and maybe a utility IF)then hey I will be the first person to say I was wrong.  Nobody is advocating spending 200 million for Beltran.  But when you start playing the shuffle game to keep your payroll under a low amount even for this team it gets a bit silly.  We are also not asking for JR to go broke, just reinvest earnings into the team to make the team better.  The Comcast deal, the increase of the ticket prices, and the forbes 2004 ratings on net earnings all pose that JR has some money to reinvest in the team.

So far this offseason he traded a 300 hitter who had 30 homers for a reliever and a leadoff guy.  His reasoning was to change the makeup of the team.  This I buy and I like.  And then to reinvest this money into a FA pitcher which JR himself said was the reason we lost the division last year. This from the chairman of the team.  Well the first thing we see is that he enters into the FA market underbidding other teams.  3 years 7 mill for Clement wasnt going to get it done.  There were already offers on the table for clement at that rate without the big boys entering the market.  Yes it is more than he is worth, but its all about supply and demand.  Now KW he talks about how we might not spend this money until July.  Does this inspire good feelings for whitesox fans.  Unless you have your head in the ground, no. 

So if he goes into the ST with the team pretty much the same, with the 5th starter as Grilli , pocketing the savings and moving into the season with a 64 million dollar payroll then I ask you are you a happy camper.  If you are I question your baseball know-how. 

If you dont like the people complaining dont read their posts.  But dont question anyones loyalties to the team.  These are people that dump a ton of money, and their love into this team.  I go to spring training every single year, to soxfest, I watch about every single game, and I go to about 30 games a year.  So if I complain about some of the moves on this team its my opinion.  If you dont like it or like others opinions then express it or ignore it.  There are lots of peoples opions on this board I dont agree with but I dont tell them to turn in their sox gear.  Get a grip.

Thanks for taking the time to write what a lot of us were thinking!!

Who needs a prick like AJ anyway. :fyou

Yeah no s***, what use is a guy who will hit .280 15 70 .750 for you from behind the plate while also being a pretty good catcher. :rolly

I almost hate to do this...but Flash/Killa have been right up to this point, and I tried my best not to believe it. Hard for me to ignore it now...it appears blatantly obvious.

As of right now...I want AJ-Eck-Miller(Miller...we had hopes for RJ, Hudson, Clement, god knows who else going into the offseason...and now I want an injury prone pitcher)...and we will be lucky to end up with Davis-Cora-Duque.

I feel very disappointed. Prove me wrong and Flash wrong and Killa wrong KW...please do.

Damn, that is an excellent post. :notworthy

Yeah no s***, what use is a guy who will hit .280 15 70 .750 for you from behind the plate while also being a pretty good catcher.  :rolly

I almost hate to do this...but Flash/Killa have been right up to this point, and I tried my best not to believe it.  Hard for me to ignore it now...it appears blatantly obvious.

As of right now...I want AJ-Eck-Miller(Miller...we had hopes for RJ, Hudson, Clement, god knows who else going into the offseason...and now I want an injury prone pitcher)...and we will be lucky to end up with Davis-Cora-Duque. 

I feel very disappointed.  Prove me wrong and Flash wrong and Killa wrong KW...please do.

I'd actually be thrilled with our offseason if we can sign Wade and Alex or Eck.

Yeah no s***, what use is a guy who will hit .280 15 70 .750 for you from behind the plate while also being a pretty good catcher.  :rolly

I almost hate to do this...but Flash/Killa have been right up to this point, and I tried my best not to believe it.  Hard for me to ignore it now...it appears blatantly obvious.

I feel very disappointed.  Prove me wrong and Flash wrong and Killa wrong KW...please do.

I really was hoping he was signed, but there may be legitimate reasons why he wasn't. KW could have talked to the pitching staff, and they might not want to throw to him. He may have talked to some of the players who may not want him around. Maybe they have information that would scare anyone away from signing him. Maybe he talked to him and AJ told him to buzz off. I am not a fan of KW, I think he overvalues his prospects and doesn't set realistic figures for signing free agents, but I have no doubt he is trying to improve the team. This seemed like a no-brainer, but maybe Davis has a breakout season. At least at one time, he was considered among the best if not the best catching prospect in baseball. I do know the Sox are going to need another catcher. There is no way Davis and Burke will be able to handle the job for 162 games.