Older Soxfest Threads

southsider2k5

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing happened. He wasn't healthy enough to contribute to a Major League team.

He'll be signed by the time Soxfest rolls in I'm sure.

Disagree with you. Kelly was posting an era under 3 in the minors while we Had Mike Jackson. Dont give me the Lefty for lefty excuse either. Cotts sucked up here too.

To the AJ question, I would like to know (wheter he already signed or not) if he considered him.

Disagree with you. Kelly was posting an era under 3 in the minors while we Had Mike Jackson.  Dont give me the Lefty for lefty excuse either. Cotts sucked up here too.

To the AJ question, I would like to know (wheter he already signed or not) if he considered him.

Kenny and Kelly had a fight, he was making Kelly suffer by keeping him in the minors.

If I get there in time (damn basketball), I might choose to ask him about Jeremy Reed. I just doubt real highly that Reed wasn't on that board that he always talks, when Reed was really the perfect player for this team -- OBP, line drive/gap hitter, left handed -- like I said, exactly what the team needed.

Not a complaint on the Garcia trade, just wondering about that.

Unfortunately, over the course of saying this, my voice will probably squeek, and I will get laughed at by White Sox nation... :lol:

Disagree with you. Kelly was posting an era under 3 in the minors while we Had Mike Jackson.  Dont give me the Lefty for lefty excuse either. Cotts sucked up here too.

Mr. Showtime and I have it on very good record that Wunsch was never healthy enough to pitch.

One of the big shots in the minors mentioned it to us when Ian asked a question and I was told the same from many others within the organization. His arm didn't respond well and he was one of the reasons Charlotte was awful in the 2nd half of the season.

The pen was usually so short cause him, Duncan and others could only pitch 1-2 times a week.

Wish Kelly the best though, great guy.

I don't think that's true...  (steff, I know you're gonna kill me, you've posted what happened/hasn't happened 1000 times, but if can you post it again?)

Its not true, it all stems to health. I know Kenny and Kelly were on good terms when I was out there during spring training, which was mid March. Well whenever Crede's wife got hit with the foul ball.

First off, Kelly SAID himself that he was throwing junk because his shoulder wasn't normal. Posting a 3 ERA then posting that same ERA up here is a different story.

2nd, Cotts didnt suck this year, I would be interested to see what his ERA would be without Action Jackson in the pen this year, I would guess around 4.15.

Grand slam jackson did f*** cotts up. Good point

I've heard that a couple of places. I really thought there might be some truth to that. :huh

What the f***? I asked steff about sending this to www.snopes.com because it comes up at least once a month, and I think I really should.

FACT: KW had a trade setup to send Kelly to Boston for Mark Bellhorn, but it didn't go through because Kelly got hurt.

FACT: Kelly lost a ton of velocity on his fastball, and would've been destroyed in the majors.

FACT: When Kelly was taken off of the 40 man roster in August, he cleared waivers, meaning ZERO teams took a chance at him. They could've had him for nothing, just the remainder of his salary. Why didn't any team pick him up if he was so good and healthy like some of you insist? :huh:

All I know is that I am sitting next to last years Q&A headliner again, and I don't mean Kenny Williams... :lol:

I missed last years fun.

I'm still up in the air on going this year, I'm sure everyone is just dying to get a look at my pretty face. :headshake

However, If is going to talk about , and possibly invite me to a secret I'll be there. :lol:

I missed last years fun.

I'm still up in the air on going this year, I'm sure everyone is just dying to get a look at my pretty face. :headshake

However, If is going to talk about , and possibly invite me to a secret I'll be there.  :lol:

Just be there.

Word

I don't think that's true...  (steff, I know you're gonna kill me, you've posted what happened/hasn't happened 1000 times, but if can you post it again?)

Nothing happened. They did not get into a fight. They remained friends during the year. When Reece was born Kenny sent them a very nice gift and called. You don't do that for people you have ill will towards. But let these people think whatever they want. I'll believe what I hear.. from Kelly's own mouth no less.

This question is devoted to Kenny Williams and Ozzie:

If you could be any flavor ice cream, which flavor would you be and why?

And bachelor number 3:

Pretend I'm a popsicle, what would it sound like when you eat me?

:ph34r: