Will you accept a NY fan?

FlaCWS

Here's an overview just like I gave to Duke of Chicago:

We hate the Twins.

We hate the Cubs.

We hate Torri Hunter A LOT!

We hate Sammy Sosa MORE!

We usually don't like Kenny Williams.

We don't like Penny Pincher Owner Jerry Reinsdorf.

Shingo is God.

Beuhrle and Konerko are the heart of the team.

U.S. Cellular is located on 35th and Sheilds.

Wear LOTS of White Sox apparel.

Do NOT root for anyone that plays in KC, Det, Cle, Min, or the North Side

Last but not least, if you want to be popular on this board...HATE WILLIE HARRIS.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You are very much welcome here! There really is only 1 pre-requisite to being a CWS fan: root for the CWS in every chi-town series. If you do that it doesn't matter what else you believe or who else you root for.

Just take this statement to heart:

The more you grow to love the White Sox the more you will learn to hate the Cubs.

That will measure how avid a White Sox fan you are.

The ultimate dream of every White Sox fan: Sweeping the Cubs in the World Series 4-0.

I like the chant "J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets!" but the uniforms aren't that great. Hey, the Bears uni's arent too flashy either but I like the Titans, Buccaneers, and Falcons jerseys.

the bears jerseys are the best because they are old school. They are the second team in the NFL, and the most winningest. Thats why they are cool.

I am a huge NY Jets and Knicks fan, however I never much cared for my "local" baseball teams. In fact I hate them both. I've always followed baseball and love the game but never really had a true "favorite" team. I now want to change that.

Over the past 6 months or so I've been traveling to Chicago a lot on business. I love the city and, since I'll be going there a lot more in the foreseeable future, I'd like to start following one of the teams. I immediately ruled out the Cubs because they are too much of a "trendy" team that people seem to root for because it's the cool thing to do (sort of like the Yankees or the Lakers). Plus I prefer the AL because I hate watching pitchers bunt or strike out.

I started researching the Sox a few weeks back and found this site as a result. I am now registered and look forward to talking baseball with you guys. So the question is, will you accept a NY football and basketball fan onto the White Sox bandwagon?

Welcome to the right side of town............................ :usa

Hey! If you're going to join us........ any chance that you can bring some of Steinbrenners money over here with you?  That guy doesn't pinch Lincoln's, He pinches Franklin's!!!!!

Actually, Steinbrenner is the reason I couldn't root for the Yankees. The big fat a-hole can keep his money.

You are very much welcome here! There really is only 1 pre-requisite to being a CWS fan: root for the CWS in every chi-town series.  If you do that it doesn't matter what else you believe or who else you root for. 

Just take this statement to heart:

The more you grow to love the White Sox the more you will learn to hate the Cubs.

That will measure how avid a White Sox fan you are. 

The ultimate dream of every White Sox fan:  Sweeping the Cubs in the World Series 4-0.

:nono

The ULTIMATE dream of Sox fans is winning the WS, and the Cubs going 0-162 in the same year :wub:

Damn I think I just came a little :ph34r:

The ULTIMATE dream of Sox fans is winning the WS, and the Cubs going 0-162 in the same year :wub:

But then their humiliation ends after Sept. I'd much prefer to see their hopes higher than they've ever been & then begin to crumble like the concrete at the beer garden with each loss in the World Series at the hands of the CWS.

Not just 4 straight though. I'll refine that. After all this is the ultimate dream.

Four straight no-hitters by the CWS. That would be unbelievable. Better than the Cubs going 0-162. That would not only stand in the record books but that would be talked about for every WS to be played thereafter. They would never stop talking about that.

It could never be erased. It could never be forgotten. Any time they mentioned the Cubs they would mention that feat.

:headbang We would rule the city & the world over the Cubs for all eternity! :headbang

Well anyways I think a transplanted NY fan get's the message:

Real White Sox fans hate the Cubs above all else.

Not for me, I rather have both in the WS and sweep the Cubs..

That would be better, national stage seeing all those suckers think they have a chance..ahhhhhh it would be nice.