• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

El Duque vs. Bautista

133340.jpg @ 429714.jpg

El Duque vs. Royals (career stats)          Denny Bautista vs. Sox (2004 stats)
7 starts                                    2 starts
3-1 record                                  0-1 record
50.1 IP                                     12.0 IP
3.75 ERA                                    3.00 ERA
1.23 WHIP                                   1.25 WHIP
.265 BAA                                    .256 BAA
53 H                                        11 H
22 R                                        4 R
21 ER                                       4 ER
6 HR                                        0 HR
9 BB                                        4 BB
37 K                                        9 K

Good lord, Bautista is ugly. :puke

GO SOX!!! :gosox2:

Notes for Game 3:

Sox eye sweep of KC behind El Duque

Sox eye sweep of KC behind El Duque

Chicago (14-4) at Kansas City (5-13), 1:10 p.m. CT

Four times this season the White Sox have won the first two games of a three-game series before losing that elusive third game.

After beating the Royals on Friday and Saturday nights to open the weekend series, the South Siders can snap that season-long streak and record their first three-game sweep of 2005 Sunday at Kauffman Stadium.

Right-hander Orlando Hernandez will start his fourth game for the White Sox, who have already won their seventh straight series this season.

That consistency has enabled the Sox to build the best record in baseball and, at 14-4, the best 18-game start in franchise history:headbang  :headbang :headbang  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang

Pitching matchup

CWS: RHP Orlando Hernandez

• 2-1, 2.50 ERA in 2005

• Did not pitch against KC in 2004

KC: RHP Denny Bautista

• 0-1, 3.38 ERA in 2005

• 0-1, 3.00 ERA in 2004 against CWS

Player to watch

A leadoff batter's job is to reach base as often as possible and outfielder Scott Podsednik has done just that in the first two games of the White Sox's weekend series against the Royals. After reaching safely five times in six plate appearances on Friday, Podsednik reached three more times Saturday in five plate appearances. Since Friday, he has raised his on-base percentage from .311 to .393.

Quotable

"You win games on the field, you win games with what you have, and I'm very happy with what I have right now. I believe in the team because of the pitching and the defense, and I see the offense coming alive right now." -- Manager Ozzie Guillen on his team's hot start.

On television

• CWS: CSN

• KC: No TV

On radio

• CWS: ESPN Radio AM 1000

• KC: 810 WHB

Quick hits

Third baseman Joe Crede extended his career-best hitting streak to 14 games when he pounded a single to open the fourth inning Saturday. Crede is batting .409 (18-for-44) during the streak. ... Right-hander Jose Contreras struck out a season-high six batters Saturday before leaving in the fourth with a strained lower right hamstring. ... Despite Contreras' early exit, the White Sox still lead the American League in starter's ERA at 2.88..

On deck

• Monday: at A's, 9:05 p.m. CT (Garland v. Zito)

• Tuesday: at A's, 9:05 p.m. CT (Buehrle v. Harden)

• Wednesday: at A's, 2:35 p.m. CT (Garcia v. Saarloos)

Sweep away these Royals!!! :gosox2: :gosox3: :gosox4: :gosoxretro:

Edited by robinventura23

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 24, 2005 -> 12:51 AM)
El Duque vs. Bautista

133340.jpg @ 429714.jpg

El Duque vs. Royals (career stats)          Denny Bautista vs. Sox (2004 stats)
7 starts                                    2 starts
3-1 record                                  0-1 record
50.1 IP                                     12.0 IP
3.75 ERA                                    3.00 ERA
1.23 WHIP                                   1.25 WHIP
.265 BAA                                    .256 BAA
53 H                                        11 H
22 R                                        4 R
21 ER                                       4 ER
6 HR                                        0 HR
9 BB                                        4 BB
37 K                                        9 K

Good lord, Bautista is ugly. :puke

GO SOX!!! :gosox2:

I think he's cute.

Bautista's got some good power stuff and Allan Baird pretty much stole him from Mr. Angelos for THE Jason Grimsley, but yes as of this moment, he hasn't been too good so far. Let's hope the Sox keep it that way.

El duque needs to go long, give our BP some well deserved rest. The sox bats need to come alive, with PK and arow leading the way. Let's beat this minor league team and move onto oakland.

Bautista is flat out nasty IMO. He's the cousin of Pedro and Ramon Martinez(yes thee Pedro Martinez) and he could be just as good as them one day. His first game of the season I think he only gave up no runs in 8IP. This is going to be a toughy for our offense IMO. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Hey Ramon Martinez was pretty special. Anyways, I came away as impressed with bautista as any other pitcher at the 03 futures game. Just electric stuff. that said, he still hasn't harnessed it. He's of the Contreras ilk where he can dominate you or beat himself iwth command problems. Hopefully we get to him early today and are patient at the plate. Lastly, anyone else notice how we were supposedly going to be frugal with using El Duque? With the injury to Jose, that doesn't seem to be in the cards

Pod

Harris

Konerko (DH)

Gload (1b)

Rowand

Timo

Uribe

Widger

Crede

I hate Ozzie's approach to the 3rd game of a series. There's no problem playing reserves, but you don't need to play them all in the same game. You don't see other teams doing this against us.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 24, 2005 -> 12:31 PM)
Pod

Harris

Konerko  (DH)

Gload  (1b)

Rowand

Timo

Uribe

Widger

Crede

I hate Ozzie's approach to the 3rd game of a series.  There's no problem playing reserves, but you don't need to play them all in the same game.  You don't see other teams doing this against us.

I agree with what you say, but right now Dye and Carl are not swinging the bats well. Ozzie has shown with day games after night games he likes to sit AJ. Basically, I can see what he's doing here.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Apr 24, 2005 -> 08:39 AM)
Bautista is flat out nasty IMO. He's the cousin of Pedro and Ramon Martinez(yes thee Pedro Martinez) and he could be just as good as them one day. His first game of the season I think he only gave up no runs in 8IP. This is going to be a toughy for our offense IMO. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Ya, he absolutely shut down the Angels in his 1st start. Has an absolutely filthy curveball.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Apr 24, 2005 -> 09:00 AM)
Well he can be as good as Ramon Martinez all he wants...  :ph34r:

Ramon Martinez was very very good back in his days with the Dodgers. I'd take him in his prime (healthy) over anyone on this current staff aside from Mark Buehrle.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Apr 24, 2005 -> 05:39 PM)
Ramon Martinez was very very good back in his days with the Dodgers.  I'd take him in his prime (healthy) over anyone on this current staff aside from Mark Buehrle.

Classics had on Ramon's 18 strikeout game last year. He had amazing stuff and just terrific control. If he didn't have some serious injury problems, I think he could have had a HOF career like Pedro has had.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Apr 24, 2005 -> 11:39 AM)
Ramon Martinez was very very good back in his days with the Dodgers.  I'd take him in his prime (healthy) over anyone on this current staff aside from Mark Buehrle.

Go Sox! :gosox3:

Ozzie has done in one plus years a much better job handling the bench than Jerry did. He was notorious for playing all his reserves at the same time - usually a Sunday day game when families would come wanting to see at least most of the regulars and get treated to a Sox loss with their "B" team playing. Today is the first game I recall in which Ozzie has played most of the bench guys at the same time (outside of when injuries have made it necessary).