Sox @ Padres 6/11 Official Game Thread

DBAHO

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jun 11, 2005 -> 10:29 PM)
MB has to be the most hard luck pitcher in all of baseball.  I can't recall a pitcher who gets f***ed over more by their team than him.

He should be 10-1 right now.

matt clement-cubs

you're a piece of work.

no i'm a realist. THAT's why i'm "so negative" as others like to put it. s*** like tonight has happend ALOT to this team. this team needs EVERY run it can get. their bullpen in not that good. and it bit them in the ass tonight. i don't fall back on the "best record in baseball" argument. that's means absolutely nothing. it's all about winning in the playoffs. and many moves i've seen this year scare me when i think about them being made in october.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 11, 2005 -> 11:02 PM)
Oh boy, Ozzie going to pull Buehrle?  If so, that' awful managing.  If you were going to play match-ups in the 8th, then Buehrle should have been pulled for a pitch-hitter in the 8th.

Not pinch-hitting was rediculous.

QUOTE(ReinsdorfSucks @ Jun 11, 2005 -> 11:32 PM)
no i'm a realist.  THAT's why i'm "so negative"  as others like to put it. s*** like tonight has happend ALOT to this team. this team needs EVERY run it can get.  their bullpen in not that good.  and it bit them in the ass tonight.  i don't fall back on the "best record in baseball" argument.  that's means absolutely nothing.  it's all about winning in the playoffs.  and many moves i've seen this year scare me when i think about them being made in october.

so instead of enjoying a game where YOUR team is winning, your gonna just accept the worst?

We're the best team in baseball, enjoy it.

If you're just waiting to be pissed off, why be a fan?

QUOTE(ReinsdorfSucks @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 04:32 AM)
no i'm a realist.  THAT's why i'm "so negative"  as others like to put it. s*** like tonight has happend ALOT to this team. this team needs EVERY run it can get.  their bullpen in not that good.  and it bit them in the ass tonight.  i don't fall back on the "best record in baseball" argument.  that's means absolutely nothing.  it's all about winning in the playoffs.  and many moves i've seen this year scare me when i think about them being made in october.

I'm sure this will get me s*** on by some here, but I agree with basically everything you say there. I could care less what our record is on June 11th. Our hitting is going to have to pick up if we want to make the playoffs. Not only that, but we need to have another reliever step up.

QUOTE(ReinsdorfSucks @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 04:33 AM)
and i hope your mother/sister/wife/daugher get raped by a drug addict with AIDS.

Enough with the personal attacks, or you'll be gone.

Enough already. Stop with the s***-slinging, seriously.

I don't give a f*** if you have 5 posts, or 15,000 posts...You start this personal attack s*** up, and you WILL be gone from these boards. There is NO place for acting like this people.

ReinsdorfSucks....that s*** does NOT fly. Quit this f***ING BULLs*** NOW.

I don't give a f*** if you have 5 posts, or 15,000 posts...You start this personal attack s*** up, and you WILL be gone from these boards. There is NO place for acting like this people.

ReinsdorfSucks....that s*** does NOT fly. Quit this f***ING BULLs*** NOW.

just defending myself. i know it's childish cause it's a message board but i don't take kindly to others wishing i get hit by a car. and i DID delete my own post.

*shrug*

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Jun 11, 2005 -> 10:32 PM)
Is this board totally unable to accept a slump?

At the beginning of the season -- oh, it'll be a tough fight, oh, we'll go through rough patches, blah blah blah.  Get off it, tough losses happen.

Jackie our offense hasnt been good this entire year. They have had flashes here at there, however over all are not good.

How many times this year have we had men in scoring position with less than two outs only to leave them stranded. The twins and other good clutch teams shorten their swings up with 2 strikes, and foul off the pitchers pitch. We however take pitches down the middle over and over then swing at stuff out of the strikezone. Having 3 guys strike out with men on 1st and 3rd with no one out is embarassing. I mean you couldnt put the ball in play.

Watching that japanese pitcher K a bunch of guys when you have men on was also equally embarassing.

Our hitters refuse to adjust for the long haul. They will have one game were they hit up the middle and to the other field then to get into long pull only swings the next few games. The only difference between last year and this year is we have better pitching and our 1st 3 hitters have been good. If a team shuts down our first 3 the game is over.

We lost this game due to our terrible offense, as much as everyone wants to jump on Hermy this game should of been at least 4 or 5 to nothing going into the ninth. I give the Padres pitcher credit, with the free long swinging team we have, you get ahead of our hitters you can mow them down like weeds.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 11, 2005 -> 11:09 PM)
Jackie our offense hasnt been good this entire year.  They have had flashes here at there, however over all are not good. 

How many times this year have we had men in scoring position with less than two outs only to leave them stranded.  The twins and other good clutch teams shorten their swings up with 2 strikes, and foul off the pitchers pitch.  We however take pitches down the middle over and over then swing at stuff out of the strikezone.  Having 3 guys strike out with men on 1st and 3rd with no one out is embarassing.  I mean you couldnt put the ball in play. 

Watching that japanese pitcher K a bunch of guys when you have men on was also equally embarassing. 

Our hitters refuse to adjust for the long haul.  They will have one game were they hit up the middle and to the other field then to get into long pull only swings the next few games.  The only difference between last year and this year is we have better pitching and our 1st 3 hitters have been good.  If a team shuts down our first 3 the game is over.

We lost this game due to our terrible offense, as much as everyone wants to jump on Hermy this game should of been at least 4 or 5 to nothing going into the ninth.  I give the Padres pitcher credit, with the free long swinging team we have, you get ahead of our hitters you can mow them down like weeds.

Its like you said in chat tonight. All the opposition has to do is drop it anywhere from the outside edge to a foot outside and they can dominate us. We're so obsessed with pulling the ball we dont stand a chance like that.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 05:09 AM)
Jackie our offense hasnt been good this entire year.  They have had flashes here at there, however over all are not good. 

How many times this year have we had men in scoring position with less than two outs only to leave them stranded.  The twins and other good clutch teams shorten their swings up with 2 strikes, and foul off the pitchers pitch.  We however take pitches down the middle over and over then swing at stuff out of the strikezone.  Having 3 guys strike out with men on 1st and 3rd with no one out is embarassing.  I mean you couldnt put the ball in play. 

Our hitters refuse to adjust for the long haul.  They will have one game were they hit up the middle and to the other field then to get into long pull only swings the next few games.  The only difference between last year and this year is we have better pitching and our 1st 3 hitters have been good.  If a team shuts down our first 3 the game is over.

We lost this game due to our terrible offense, as much as everyone wants to jump on Hermy this game should of been at least 4 or 5 to nothing going into the ninth.  I give the Padres pitcher credit, with the free long swinging team we have, you get ahead of our hitters you can mow them down like weeds.

Actually, I was referring to the Hermanson criticism more than anything -- he is slumping lately. I'm not going to defend the offense this game, or this season.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 12:09 AM)

Speaking of our terrible offense, isn't it time for PK to be dropped down to 5th or maybe even 6th in the lineup? Although it wouldn't have made much difference in this particular game but he has been miserable with RISP this year. I think a clean up hitter needs to be hitting at least .260 or above and he's been around .220 and .235 all year.

Perhaps we have Aaron bat 3rd, Frank 4th (AL parks obviously), PK or Dye 5th?

Just a thought. I remember DJ saying in Colorado that PK is hitting around .200 or so with RISP.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 12:45 AM)
Speaking of our terrible offense, isn't it time for PK to be dropped down to 5th or maybe even 6th in the lineup?  Although it wouldn't have made much difference in this particular game but he has been miserable with RISP this year.  I think a clean up hitter needs to be hitting at least .260 or above and he's been around .220 and .235 all year. 

Perhaps we have Aaron bat 3rd, Frank 4th (AL parks obviously), PK or Dye 5th?

Just a thought.  I remember DJ saying in Colorado that PK is hitting around .200 or so with RISP.

Take a look at what konerko has done the last twenty games or so... and trust me i am pretty sick of him but he has been great as of late.