White Sox vs. Red Sox 7/23 Game Thread

DBAHO

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SHAFTR @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 05:58 PM)
as much as everyone complains about him, atleast Uribe always gets the Sac fly.

Speaking about Sac Flies, I read something this morning about Adam Dunn being one of the worst situational hitters in baseball. He went 2 years without a sac fly. That just blew my mind.

QUOTE(SHAFTR @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 05:58 PM)
as much as everyone complains about him, atleast Uribe always gets the Sac fly.

Everett or Konerko, face it guys our run producers are pretty bad.. Konerko , Everett and Rowand. manny and Ortiz alone have more Rbi than them 3! Sigh... never been a Konerko or Rowand fan and Everett just to damn old and we gave away 5 minor leaguers in 2 diff. trades to get him ?

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 04:00 PM)
Speaking about Sac Flies, I read something this morning about Adam Dunn being one of the worst situational hitters in baseball. He went 2 years without a sac fly. That just blew my mind.

Ya, he got it earlier this year. He's ridiculously over-rated in my book.

QUOTE(Soxpranos @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 12:01 AM)
Everett or Konerko, face it guys our run producers are pretty bad.. Konerko , Everett and Rowand. manny and Ortiz alone have more Rbi than them 3! Sigh... never been a Konerko or Rowand fan and Everett just to damn old and we gave away 5 minor leaguers in 2 diff. trades to get him ?

Everett's been amazing compared to PK in clutch situations this season.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 06:01 PM)
I don't care what we did against the junk pitcher in Wakefield yesterday.  This offense can't hit righty breaking stuff consistently.

They cant hit lefties either, Zito ! bad hitters man, thats what were gonna get!

QUOTE(Soxpranos @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 07:01 PM)

Just stop right now, you don't know what you're talkign about. Everett was the only one producing down the stretch two years ago, and he carried the offense the first two months this year. Don't complain just to complain, have a f***ing reason.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 06:01 PM)
I don't care what we did against the junk pitcher in Wakefield yesterday.  This offense can't hit righty breaking stuff consistently.

You're right, just use clement as an example. Oh.....nevermind.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 12:02 AM)
Ya, he got it earlier this year.  He's ridiculously over-rated in my book.

I couldn't disagree more. Even in a so-called down year, his OPS is still one of the best in the NL. I truly believe that on the proper team, his K numbers would diminish. The entire Reds team just swings out of their ass. It's like how Pods had high K numbers with the Brewers last year, when everyone else was swinging out of their ass. I'd take Dunn over any Sox offensive player this season in a second.

QUOTE(Soxpranos @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 07:01 PM)

I don't think you can bash Everett for one strikeout. He's done so much for us this year. Konerko can suck a fatty though for all I care.