White Sox vs. Red Sox 7/23 Game Thread

DBAHO

Hopefully Contreras pitches a perfect game. The White Sox are 1-8 in the last nine against the Red Sox. It will be hard for Count to get a good grip on the ball. Temps as high as 100 with heat index of 110. It'll be hard to keep the sweat of the hand and keep that grip.

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Ozzie Montana @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 10:39 PM)
Hopefully Contreras pitches a perfect game.  The White Sox are 1-8 in the last nine against the Red Sox.  It will be hard for Count to get a good grip on the ball.  Temps as high as 100 with heat index of 110. It'll be hard to keep the sweat of the hand and keep that grip.

With the way Contreras sweats, there'll be a moat around the pitcher's mound.

Edited by Big Hurtin

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 09:36 PM)
What?  Don't understand the wording?

No, the wording's fine. I'm just wondering how a team can be both 30 games over .500 and getting less than 4 hits a game than any other team in the Majors.

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 10:43 PM)
I think hoping for Contreras to pitch stellar against the BoSox is hoping for a lot...I think I saw Contreras' #'s are something to the effect of 1 - 4 and a 13.50 ERA......

Yeah, but he's got great stuff.

QUOTE(Big Hurtin @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 09:41 PM)
With the way Contreras sweats, there'll be a moat around the pitcher's mound.

:lol: :lol:

If you go to to the game tomarrow be sure to bring your mit cause balls will be flying out of here. I only hope the majority is for the Southsiders.

QUOTE(Mplssoxfan @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 10:43 PM)
No, the wording's fine.  I'm just wondering how a team can be both 30 games over .500 and getting less than 4 hits a game than any other team in the Majors.

Anyone have the LOB numbers? They have to be pretty low by comparison I would think.

QUOTE(Mplssoxfan @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 09:43 PM)
No, the wording's fine.  I'm just wondering how a team can be both 30 games over .500 and getting less than 4 hits a game than any other team in the Majors.

The pitching's great. I don't see how that's hard to figure out at all.

Yeah, but he's got great stuff.

Your contributions to this site have been underwhelming thus far, unless you count dripping sarcasm as a contribution. Try digging a little deeper.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 10:46 PM)
Your contributions to this site have been underwhelming thus far, unless you count dripping sarcasm as a contribution.  Try digging a little deeper.

Yeah, I wish I could be as smart as you. Please don't let it get out. It would totally destroy my self esteem.

Yeah, I wish I could be as smart as you.  Please don't let it get out.  It would totally destroy my self esteem.

Oh don't worry, I won't let it get out. You do a good job letting it get out all by yourself.

QUOTE(Ozzie Montana @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 07:50 PM)
Good thing for the White Sox is that Arroyo is on my fantasy team and whoever plays on or against the White Sox sucks.  Hope this raises there chance of lighting him up. 

And no I dont have Konerko!!!

Tomorrow is a huge game for the White Sox, if they get beat 3 outta 4 at home by Boston I'm going to :puke

First off let me say here I'm not comparing the Bosox offense to our's I'm just trying to make the point about the consistancy of our offense: Here's an interesting stat, i just used 4 runs, cause usually when teams with good pitching score 4 runs they're going to win. Anyways the Red Sox have failed to score atleast 4 runs in 28 of their games this year, the White Sox 30, and the Red Sox are said to be the best offense in baseball, i guess if our O is that inconsistant so is their's

Also, the Bosox have been shut out twice this year, our sox 3 times.

QUOTE(Mplssoxfan @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 09:59 PM)
Can't argue with that logic.

I don't give a rat's ass if you believe it or not. I watch every game and I see us get 4 hits or less a lot. Our offense sucks and our pitching is great. I stated something that I believe from watching them play, not something for which I scrupulously looked up stats. I didn't say, "here, this is fact. Accept it!" It's a conclusion I came to on my own.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 09:02 PM)
First off let me say here I'm not comparing the Bosox offense to our's I'm just trying to make the point about the consistancy of our offense: Here's an interesting stat, i just used 4 runs, cause usually when teams with good pitching score 4 runs they're going to win.  Anyways the Red Sox have failed to score atleast 4 runs in 28 of their games this year, the White Sox 30, and the Red Sox are said to be the best offense in baseball, i guess if our O is that inconsistant so is their's

Also, the Bosox have been shut out twice this year, our sox 3 times.

We have the lowest BA in the AL. We have the lowest OBP in the AL.

The only way we score is if we hit home runs right now. Our hitters have no discipline at all. After working counts, fouling off pitches the next batter Uribe swings at the first pitch near the plate and grounds out. That is a microcosm on why our offense sucks right now. If we bang homers we look like world beaters. If the opposing pitcher can spot the fastball on the outside corner its over.

BTW our offense lately is officially the same as last year. We score a lot of runs one night, then get 4 hit the next night.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 10:04 PM)
I don't give a rat's ass if you believe it or not.  I watch every game and I see us get 4 hits or less a lot.  Our offense sucks and our pitching is great.  I stated something that I believe from watching them play, not something for which I scrupulously looked up stats.  I didn't say, "here, this is fact.  Accept it!"  It's a conclusion I came to on my own.

No sense getting angry. I was only trying to point out that your observations might be a little off -- no big deal.

I can agree to disagree.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 09:08 PM)
Lying is bad

With last nights offensive explosion we are now 1 point higher in team BA than last place Seattle. Its a moral victory for us.

Yes we are the second worst team in the AL to Seattle in BA and OBP. Sorry for the mispeak. 13th looks so much better than 14th I guess.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 09:06 PM)
We have the lowest BA in the AL.  We have the lowest OBP in the AL.

The only way we score is if we hit home runs right now.  Our hitters have no discipline at all.  After working counts, fouling off pitches the next batter Uribe swings at the first pitch near the plate and grounds out.  That is a microcosm on why our offense sucks right now.  If we bang homers we look like world beaters.  If the opposing pitcher can spot the fastball on the outside corner its over.

BTW our offense lately is officially the same as last year.  We score a lot of runs one night, then get 4 hit the next night.

I guess the Red Sox are having the same problem then? :huh