Sox @ Royals 7/25/05 Game Thread

bjm676

Jenks' fastball is pretty straight. His 90 MPH sinker/slider, on the other hand, not so much. When he throws that pitch low in the zone, it's damn good. He's just gotta learn to harness it a little better.

I can live with Jenks' growing pains. He's making the league minimum. Vizcaino, on the other hand...

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 09:19 PM)
I can live with Jenks' growing pains. 

Bingo that's what I said before on that night where people exploded on Contreras. Bobby's still going to have some growing pains and we're going to have to live with them. That's the beauty of it though, bring him in during games like this and let him work stuff out at the major league level. Much better giving jenks those two innings to develop instead of giving shingo them. Once Bobby harnasses everything he's going to be special.

Bobby kept the ball around the plate. The royals did what you have to do with a guy like Jenks, eliminate the curve and work the count till you get a fastball, put a very short quick swing on it. The balls velocity will take care of itself.

This is just part of growing pains. The more he gets out there, the better.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 03:23 AM)
Bingo that's what I said before on that night where people exploded on Contreras.  Bobby's still going to have some growing pains and we're going to have to live with them.  That's the beauty of it though, bring him in during games like this and let him work stuff out at the major league level.  Much better giving jenks those two innings to develop instead of giving shingo them.  Once Bobby harnasses everything he's going to be special.

I completely agree with you. Some people think that he's the best pitcher ever. It's not like he had a 0.00 ERA in the minors. He'll have games where he looks amazing....and games where he struggles. And like you said, it's 100 times better to see him pitch than Shingo from a flat-out fun aspect.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 09:25 PM)
I completely agree with you.  Some people think that he's the best pitcher ever.  It's not like he had a 0.00 ERA in the minors.  He'll have games where he looks amazing....and games where he struggles.  And like you said, it's 100 times better to see him pitch than Shingo from a flat-out fun aspect.

What bobby needs to do is to be able to throw that curve for a strike. If he does that consistantly its a different story. When he doesnt locate it and throws it in the dirt, he becomes a one pitch pitcher.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 10:25 PM)
I completely agree with you.  Some people think that he's the best pitcher ever.  It's not like he had a 0.00 ERA in the minors.  He'll have games where he looks amazing....and games where he struggles.  And like you said, it's 100 times better to see him pitch than Shingo from a flat-out fun aspect.

For fun, I tell you you couldn't beat Jenks' first appearance. Didn't he come in right after Shingo with that 65mph "junk"?

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 03:24 AM)
At this point and time, yes.

I'm not worried about that.

Look -- if this team can't put a little bulls*** "curse" -- or, excuse, is what I should say -- behind them, and beat Oakland -- then they don't deserve a shot at the ALCS.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 09:28 PM)
I'm not worried about that.

Look -- if this team can't put a little bulls*** "curse" -- or, excuse, is what I should say -- behind them, and beat Oakland -- then they don't deserve a shot at the ALCS.

Yes, but I'd much rather try to beat Boston or NY and not deserve than try to go up against Oakland and get crushed.