The AJ Burnett Rumor Mill II

Tadahito Iguchi

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 10:46 AM)
Man I can only hope so. I want to see Lowell, Burnett, and possibly Griffey or Huff on the SS....

I cant wait to see the ESPN headlines where they have the smiling players with their new hats and unis and then the trade analysis.

:pray :pray :pray

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 10:33 AM)
If KW can unload Borchard on someone before the trading deadline, I would already call it a success.

How is trading a minor leaguer a "success"? The kid is costing us nothing at AAA, and isn't taking anyones playing time at all.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 12:03 PM)
How is trading a minor leaguer a "success"?  The kid is costing us nothing at AAA, and isn't taking anyones playing time at all.

Because hes got about as much worth as my old garbage pail kids cards.

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 01:54 PM)
The trade deadline is on the horizon. What if KW doesn't make 1 move- will you all be pissed off?

A little bit yes, I'd expect improvements to the team, he has done it in years past, at least 1 move, even just a small move to improve the bullpen or something....

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 11:54 AM)
The trade deadline is on the horizon. What if KW doesn't make 1 move- will you all be pissed off?

Not initially. I'd have to wait for the rest of the season and playoffs to be played out. Maybe doing nothing is the best thing. There seems to be some obvious holes on this team, I know they are trying to do something about them. If creating other holes to fix these are all that's being offered, there's really not much you can do about that. It is one of the hazzards about waiting until the trade deadline to make moves as opposed to doing it in the offseason. You may have a very fair deal on the table, but it takes 2 to tango, and teams are reluctant to help the competition. All the guys we've been mentioning are big name players. Its very difficult for teams to sell their fans on some minor leaguer with a 5.00 era as proper compensation for that player. Rebuilding is a very ugly word for fans.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 11:06 AM)
Because hes got about as much worth as my old garbage pail kids cards.

Hey some of those cards are pretty valuable... :bang

Seriously though why on earth do you people want Griffey... do you not realize he will hurt the payroll till the year 2025.... Unless big money comes our way with him no deal....

Huff yes.... Griffey HELL NO!

Little bit more info:

http://www.timesonline.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=14920433&BRD=2305&PAG=461&dept_id=478568&rfi=6

Thus, there has been speculation the Chicago White Sox could become involved in a three-team trade with the Pirates and Marlins.

The White Sox have two top outfield prospects at Class AA Birmingham - Ryan Sweeney and Chris Young - and could package one of those along with left-handed reliever Damaso Marte in a deal with the Marlins for right-hander A.J. Burnett. The Marlins would then send Sweeeny or Young to the Pirates for Redman.

July 31st couldn't get here soon enough! I am drained with all of these speculations...

QUOTE(S720 @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 01:11 PM)
Little bit more info:

http://www.timesonline.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=14920433&BRD=2305&PAG=461&dept_id=478568&rfi=6

Thus, there has been speculation the Chicago White Sox could become involved in a three-team trade with the Pirates and Marlins.

The White Sox have two top outfield prospects at Class AA Birmingham - Ryan Sweeney and Chris Young - and could package one of those along with left-handed reliever Damaso Marte in a deal with the Marlins for right-hander A.J. Burnett. The Marlins would then send Sweeeny or Young to the Pirates for Redman.

July 31st couldn't get here soon enough!  I am drained with all of these speculations...

So we would still have BMAC :huh: :)

QUOTE(S720 @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 01:11 PM)
Little bit more info:

July 31st couldn't get here soon enough!  I am drained with all of these speculations...

Sweeney and Marte for Burnett. :) :) :) :) :D :D :D :D

Latest Gammons update

The Fish cannot sign Burnett away from free agency, and the fireballing right-hander has made it clear that he probably wouldn't sign an extension with the White Sox but would with the Red Sox if the money is right.

The White Sox have the best record in baseball without Burnett. The Red Sox lead the AL East by 1½ games and essentially haven't had their most important 300 innings -- the combination of Curt Schilling as a No. 1 starter and Keith Foulke as a premier closer. A month from now, as they prepare to play 24 of their last 36 games at Fenway Park, they could have Schilling and Foulke in place.

Still, both the White Sox and Red Sox keep thinking that October is the power pitching month, and that Burnett, along with Rich Harden, might have the best stuff in the game. Of course, the Marlins know that, and are just two years removed from seeing how important his stuff is in October.

QUOTE(Soxfest @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 01:23 PM)
Latest Gammons update

The Fish cannot sign Burnett away from free agency, and the fireballing right-hander has made it clear that he probably wouldn't sign an extension with the White Sox but would with the Red Sox if the money is right.

The White Sox have the best record in baseball without Burnett. The Red Sox lead the AL East by 1½ games and essentially haven't had their most important 300 innings -- the combination of Curt Schilling as a No. 1 starter and Keith Foulke as a premier closer. A month from now, as they prepare to play 24 of their last 36 games at Fenway Park, they could have Schilling and Foulke in place.

Still, both the White Sox and Red Sox keep thinking that October is the power pitching month, and that Burnett, along with Rich Harden, might have the best stuff in the game. Of course, the Marlins know that, and are just two years removed from seeing how important his stuff is in October.

Im sure he was hurt in 2003 and didn't play in the WS

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 01:29 PM)
Peter Gammons is a f***ing moron. How does he get away with this s***.

A.J. BURNETT WAS HURT IN 2003, HE DID NOT PITCH IN THE POSTSEASON. HE HAS ABSOLUTLY NO POSTSEASON EXPERIENCE.

That is just disgraceful.

I agree. Gammons gets paid for this s***? :headshake