Official College Football Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tennessee @ Florida about to start. Watch Florida WR Chad Jackson, who may be the best player you have never heard of. He is from Hoover (AL) HS who plays their games at the Hoover Met after the Barons season is done every year.

Currently Hoover is ranked #2 in the country by USA Today and has won 4 out of the last 5 6A State Championships in Alabama (losing in the Championship game the other year). Jackson was a star 3 years ago and it was only a matter of time before he stepped up for Florida. He is flourishing in Urban Meyer's system this year.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Sep 17, 2005 -> 06:08 PM)
IU spanking Kentucky at the moment......  Not too often do the Hoosiers spank anyone this time of year, unless you are talking soccer.

Ain't that the truth. But a great first half. It's been a long, long time since I have seen an IU team manhandle another team from a BCS conference for even a half. It'd be nice to get a solid win here after last week's near debacle.

Terry Hoeppener is the first new coach for Indiana to win his first 3 games since 1905 or so.

Finally...I actually am starting to like the guy IU has coaching for them.

Man, tonight would be a fun night to hit up Nick's...if I was on that side of the Mississippi. Hell of a game, IU.

You guys got lucky in the Soxtalk pickem pool at yahoo. I had every game right but the ND one. Of course I had like 9 points on them.

I still want to know why the hell they never reset the play clock to finish the 4th quarter. MSU should of had to punt and ND had a great shot at a block or solid field position.

Winning is definitely a good thing. IU has a bye this week, but next week's game in Wisconsin next week will be on ESPN2.

http://iuhoosiers.collegesports.com/sports.../091905aab.html

Indiana-Wisconsin Game on ESPN2

Sept. 19, 2005

BLOOMINGTON, Ind. - The Oct. 1 Indiana-Wisconsin football game will kick off at 11 a.m. at Camp Randall Stadium in Madison, Wis. The game will be televised on ESPN2 and can be heard on the statewide IU Radio Network (Don Fischer, Pete Compise and Joe Smith).

IU has won its last two matchups against the Badgers, including a 63-32 triumph in Madison on Oct. 6, 2001. In 2002, the Hoosiers stormed back from a 29-10 fourth-quarter deficit to defeat the then-No. 23 Badgers, 32-29, in Bloomington on Oct. 12.

The game also will mark Indiana's first appearance on ESPN2 since Nov. 16, 2002 when IU hosted Penn State.

The Hoosiers enter the contest with a perfect 3-0 record. It marks the first time IU started a season 3-0 since the 1994 campaign. Additionally, head coach Terry Hoeppner is the first head coach since 1905 (James Sheldon) to begin his IU tenure with three straight wins.

Among Big Ten team statistics, Indiana is third in passing offense (239.3 yards per game), first in pass defense (135.7 yards per game), first in kickoff returns (34.3), fourth in pass efficiency (154.4), first in pass defense efficiency (105.2), first in red zone defense (.571), third in opponents' third down conversion rate (.289), third in its own fourth down conversion (.833) and fourth in time of possession (33:20).

Among league individuals, redshirt sophomore quarterback Blake Powers is third in the league in passing yard average (239.3) and fourth in total offense (252.3). Redshirt freshman James Hardy is fourth in the league in receptions per game (5.67) and second in receiving yardage per game (88.7). Finally, Lance Bennett is the league's top kickoff returner at 44.0 yards per return.

Nationally, Powers is second in touchdown passes (11), tied for sixth in points responsible for (22.0), 23rd in pass efficiency (153.4) and 34th in total offense (252.3). Hardy is 25th in receiving yards per game (88.67) and 38th in receptions per game (5.67).

In team statistics, Indiana is eighth in the nation in pass defense (135.67), tied for 17th in fourth down conversion (.833) and 27th in pass efficiency defense (105.25).

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Sep 19, 2005 -> 12:35 PM)
Winning is definitely a good thing.  IU has a bye this week, but next week's game in Wisconsin next week will be on ESPN2.

http://iuhoosiers.collegesports.com/sports.../091905aab.html

By the way...did anyone else catch that the IU/Kentucky game was broadcast on ESPN Classic? I couldn't figure that one out, but it was enjoyable to watch it out here.