espn poll illinois 50 states in 50 days

Ishmookie

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For you guys that are saying that there was no mention of the White Sox, to be accurate, they made a brief mention of the White Sox having the best record in the AL when they showed the graphic that said how long it had been since each Chicago team other than the Flubs had gone without a playoff series win. I do however agree that they had absolutely nothing in terms of White Sox history or players or tradition in it, and that that is complete bulls***. I think Mac, Jurko, and Harry might hear from a certain Sox fan about it in their Critics at Extra Large segment tommorrow.

What about the fact that they were showing all of the sports arenas in Chicago, starting with the Jordan statue outside the UC then to the lake front and Soldier Field then they show a Mcdonald's and then on to Wrigley.

The Sox do not exist. They make is blatent, it's f***ing sad.

QUOTE(ScottPodRulez22 @ Aug 22, 2005 -> 11:36 PM)
No surprise I come to expect this from ESPN but i mean mcdonalds over the cell no matter what state you live in you can see a mcdonalds.

You can visit a f***ing McDonalds in Azerbeijan. f***ING AZERBEIJAN! 6% of the f***ing world knows Azerbeijan is a f***ing country!

f*** ESPN.

If I was the White Sox management, I would not allow ESPN to televise any more White Sox games, or even allow any of their reporters the chance to get in the stadium and interview the players.

They want to ignore the White Sox? Thats fine, the Sox should ignore them right back.

yea, i joined pretty much to jsut vent my frustration over the travesty jsut seen on sportscenter. 50 states my ass! thopse assholes can go to hell for all i care! f*** the cubs! who's the team with the best record in baseball at 75-46? the white sox. who's led the AL Central since opening day? the white sox. who leads the AL with a 3.64 ERA? THE WHITE SOX! i'd have rather stuck a needle in my eye than watch that crap if i would've known before hand. let me know if you guys are gonna storm ESPN or some crap, cause i'll gladly join in. stupid assholes...

and by the way, recently updated from the ESPN poll:

3) Favorite pro team?

33.9% Chicago White Sox

31.4% Chicago Cubs

16.9% Chicago Bears

9.9% Chicago Bulls

7.9% Chicago Blackhawks

QUOTE(Son Goshin @ Aug 22, 2005 -> 11:38 PM)
yea, i joined pretty much to jsut vent my frustration over the travesty jsut seen on sportscenter.  50 states my ass!  thopse assholes can go to hell for all i care!  f*** the cubs! who's the team with the best record in baseball at 75-46?  the white sox.  who's led the AL Central since opening day? the white sox. who leads the AL with a 3.64 ERA?  THE WHITE SOX!  i'd have rather stuck a needle in my eye than watch that crap if i would've known before hand.  let me know if you guys are gonna storm ESPN or some crap, cause i'll gladly join in.  stupid assholes...

and by the way, recently updated from the ESPN poll:

:huh:

White Sox: 75-46, .620 W%

Cardinals: 79-46, .632 W%

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 12:40 AM)
No dis to the Illini, but they mentioned last year's basketball team and did not mention anything White Sox!!!??? What a joke. :fyou

They mentioned the El Train and McDonald's with no mention of the Sox. I find both of those more offensive and upsetting.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Aug 22, 2005 -> 05:28 PM)
Regardless of whether or not the Sox win this stupid poll, they are not more popular in Chicago than the Cubs, to say nothing of the Bears.

shhhhh, let the kids dream :)

Its Chris Berman that f***ing asshole. He says White Sox fans are the worst in baseball because the fans booed Clemens at the 2003 allstar game. He also said we are drunken morons that always run onto the field and cause chaos. Well Chris Berman, you doosh bag- we are the best fans in the world, we are one of the oldest teams in baseball- we haven't won a world series since 1917, Frank Thomas historic #'s deserve to be mentioned, hell mention the 1919 Blacksox scandal, the disco demolition nite, shoeless joe, bo jacksons big homerun clincher in '93, talk about old comiskey park. talk about us having the AL's best record.

What a bunch of ignorant assholes. I hope this motivates our guys even more to make it to the big series. Where the hell is the respect you dooshbags?!? How can you not mention that we have 2 teams in this town. Thats the most ignorant segment i have ever saw. f*** ESPN

i really hope comcast steals MLB from them, and then i hope the nba opts out of its espn/abc tv contract. and then whats espn left with? monday night football and college sports. f*** espn, f*** sportscenter. beonbard dan patricks show with emails and phone calls to find out why the sox where left off. then when we get an answer, take the next step.