Griffey Jr.: 'I'm not going' to the White Sox

greasywheels121

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 11:09 AM)
I would think if they are discussing the team and possible personel moves, it would mean a lot that he wasn't mentioned. People shouldn't waste their time listening to Bruce Levine. He is the ONLY person who has this deal anything but dead. Ken Rosenthal was on the Fox pre-game Saturday and he said there was no chance Griffey was going anywhere. His track record has been far better than Levine's.

I agree about Bruce and Rosenthal, I'm not listening to Levine about anything, I also don't think anything is going to happen. However just cause Ozzie said publically that him and Kenny didn't talk about Griffey doesn't actually mean they didn't talk about him.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 11:17 AM)
The good news is he thought the Indians were going to acquire Todd Walker.

Another bat for Cleveland although if Levine said it, he probably is going anywhere but Cleveland. Do you know that any one of the first 6 hitters in Cleveland's line-up would be leading the White Sox in hitting?

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 12:19 PM)
Another bat for Cleveland although if Levine said it, he probably is going anywhere but Cleveland. Do you know that any one of the first 6 hitters in Cleveland's line-up would be leading the White Sox in hitting?

where would their pitchers be in our rotation?

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 12:19 PM)

That's ridiculous...wow

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 11:59 AM)
I see RDriesen lurking...

Whats the story on the Cincinatti side?  Are you hearing anything that we arent hearing?  Whats your feel on whats gonna happen(if anything)

my feeling is, he isnt going anywhere. i dont think he wants to. people dont seem to understand it, but he loves playing in cincy and loves his teamates. thats important to griffey, hes not your typical superstar. does he want to win a WS, OF COURSE. but i just dont see him leaving cincy for the sox. the only way he ever leaves is if its to a team thats almost guaranteed to win it all or at least be in the series. i know, that no one is a guarantee, but i think you know what i mean :) its not even being talked about really. its talked about by callers on radio but only based on what they hear from chicago media.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 12:08 PM)
Every single one of our starters has a lower ERA and a better record than their Cleveland counterpart.

Good pitching can beat good hitting, but our offense still needs to score runs. If we fail in the offseason its not going to be because of our pitching and defense, it will be because some pitcher shut this offense down. Kenny hopefully realizes this and gets a bat.

Can someone show me proof of any kind that Raul Ibanez has cleared waivers? I have not seen his name on any list of players that have cleared, if he has not cleared waivers by now it would be impossible for him to go through the 3 day waiver process and clear by the 31st.

People keep bringing up his name yet there's no evidence that he would even be eligible to be traded.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 01:46 PM)
Can someone show me proof of any kind that Raul Ibanez has cleared waivers? I have not seen his name on any list of players that have cleared, if he has not cleared waivers by now it would be impossible for him to go through the 3 day waiver process and clear by the 31st.

People keep bringing up his name yet there's no evidence that he would even be eligible to be traded.

He is not on the insider list, but I don't know if that's the "for sure they were put on waivers" list... :huh

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 01:50 PM)
He is not on the insider list, but I don't know if that's the "for sure they were put on waivers" list...  :huh

This is the list I have:

Some players that have reportedly cleared waivers this month:

Tom Glavine, Mike Piazza, Ken Griffey Jr., Sean Casey, Pedro Martinez, Carlos Beltran, Kris Benson, Doug Mientkiewicz, Victor Zambrano, Danny Graves, Miguel Cairo, Ramon Castro, Cliff Floyd, Jorge Posada, Shawn Chacon, Tony Womack, Al Leiter, Felix Rodriguez, Wayne Franklin, Felix Escalona, Aaron Small, John Flaherty, Mike Sweeney, Sammy Sosa, Steve Kline, Ryan Vogelsong, Josh Fogg, Jason Christiansen, Edgardo Alfonzo, Scott Schoeneweis, Justin Speier, LaTroy Hawkins, Duaner Sanchez, Ramon Ortiz, Joe Mays, Tomo Ohka, Jose Lima, Bruce Chen, Joel Pineiro, Braden Looper, Odalis Perez, Derek Lowe, Frank Catalanotto, Dustan Mohr, Todd Hollandsworth, Todd Walker, 18 Brewers, Rafael Palmeiro, Rich Aurilia, Toby Hall, Wes Helms, Kaz Matsui and about 250 others

No Ibanez

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 02:01 PM)
All of those are on the insider list as well. Plus a few more obviously.

LMAO @ "18 Brewers".  :lol:

Yeah, that part made me laught.

There's not many people on that list that interest me much, except maybe Walker or even Aurilia. I don't think Catalanotto would even be traded.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 02:08 PM)
Yeah, that part made me laught.

There's not many people on that list that interest me much, except maybe Walker or even Aurilia.  I don't think Catalanotto would even be traded.

Like I told you there aren't a whole hell of a lot of guys out there. Only 2 or 3 slightly intriguing names.