"Official Double Dip Thread" 8/30/05

Brian

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 02:44 AM)
So we're right back where we were at this time last night.

I don't know how to judge today.

I'm happy we won. But we lost one in the L column. But we also lost one in the magic number column. I've questioned how to look at it (so long, of course, as we pull out tonight's game).

UVa.

Not one of those horrible Carolina schools  :bang

I got rejected from UVa. Not that it bothered me. Penn State is a great school, fun and always lively. I went to the frats the other day and then walked to town for pizza at one in the morning. Hundreds of people were out and about. Not to mention its a days trip from the center of the world, New York City.

I also suggest you read the thread about personal attacks on players.  Calling someone a 'coward' and a guy 'without balls' is borderline attacking...

Wait What!?!

thats like going to the game and not being able to talk s*** to the players...I mean come on even they dont kick you out of the park unless u like threaten to kill the player or piss on his face or something

QUOTE(Whitesoxfan56 @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 02:45 AM)
with the twins gaining 1/2 game

Ah yes, I've stopped worrying about them. In order for them to get back in the race, they're going to have to win 4 or 5 out of 6 vs the Indians. That would really help us out.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 09:45 PM)

I'm happy we won.  But we lost one in the L column.  But we also lost one in the magic number column.  I've questioned how to look at it (so long, of course, as we pull out tonight's game).

I wasnt aware that this game was over.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 02:45 AM)

I'm happy we won.  But we lost one in the L column.  But we also lost one in the magic number column.  I've questioned how to look at it (so long, of course, as we pull out tonight's game).

Right now, we just have to win games. This should definitely satisfy all the .500 prognosticators though. :P Considering we lost with Buehrle and Garland, I think the team gained a lot of confidence with McCarthy tonight. What happened in the 2nd game of this double header is what needed to be done.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 09:46 PM)
I wasnt aware that this game was over.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 09:45 PM)

This is the Brandon Mccarthy we're going to be seeing next year and for years after that. Brandon for whatever reason didn't throw his change at all in his first few stints, now he's using it and it's just a very good pitch. Brandon has one hell of a curve, a very solid change and a good fastball, not to mention he throws strikes and knows how to pitch. He is going to be a good one.

Great f'n job Brandon :headbang

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 02:50 AM)
This is the Brandon Mccarthy we're going to be seeing next year and for years after that.  Brandon for whatever reason didn't throw his change at all in his first few stints, now he's using it and it's just a very good pitch.  Brandon has one hell of a curve, a very solid change and a good fastball, not to mention he throws strikes and knows how to pitch.  He is going to be a good one.

From my viewpoint, his change-up was more of his out pitch tonight than his curveball was. That was great to see.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 09:50 PM)
This is the Brandon Mccarthy we're going to be seeing next year and for years after that.  Brandon for whatever reason didn't throw his change at all in his first few stints, now he's using it and it's just a very good pitch.  Brandon has one hell of a curve, a very solid change and a good fastball, not to mention he throws strikes and knows how to pitch.  He is going to be a good one.

At the deadline, I was all for trading BMac. However, I might be very happy now and in the future that we didn't make the deal for Burnett.

Contreras + BMac > Burnett

Now, let's hope BMac can put together another solid start against Boston... I'm pretty sure that's his next challenge.

I also suggest you read the thread about personal attacks on players.  Calling someone a 'coward' and a guy 'without balls' is borderline attacking...

Its not like I said Garland is a coward because he didnt kill me as I f***ed his mom. Thats a personal insult, but I didnt say that. I said Garland is a coward because he doesnt attack hitters. He is scared. The "without balls" comment is the same. They are criticisms of the way he plays the game. Talk about trying to restrict peoples speech. Isnt Saddam expecting you to write soon? Better get to it!