White Sox @ Royals 9/13 Gamethread

WSoxMatt

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 12:30 AM)
Anyone remember what the incentive clauses were in El Duque's contract... He has a possibility to be up to $8M next year.

Ozzie's refusal to sit him could cost the Sox both games in the short term; plus money and hinder trade partners in the long term.

Ugly situation.

answered my own question...

Hernandez is optimistic, too. Williams said the pitcher insisted upon incentive bonuses tied to comeback player of the year and the All-Star Game. Hernandez will earn $3.5 million next season with the chance to make $1.5 million in performance bonuses based on innings and have a base salary of $4.5 million in 2006 plus one-third of any 2005 bonuses earned. He also can made $2 million in performance bonuses in 2006.

He's earned something like 150K for an innings pitched bonus already.... but he's not in any danger of breaking the bank.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 05:34 AM)
I hated both years, especially the 2nd one.

I disagree, just because I think grabbing El Duque for $4 million (or so) for two years was better then giving a guy like Eric Milton/Russ Ortiz/Derek Lowe big money.

He did what was needed, be a fifth starter, give us a chance to win.

But, like I said in another thread, his time has passed. McCarthy got his s*** figured out, and is the better pitcher, so enough with hanging on to the 'proven veteran', time to give the ball to the better pitcher.

Edited by CWSGuy406

QUOTE(greg775 @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 12:36 AM)
what do ya think, fathom. should we relax a bit or are we still in trouble?

Well i am clearly not fathom. But there is no way in hell the sox should be relaxing or letting down one bit. If anything they need to pick up the intensity about three notches.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 12:37 AM)
Great!@@!

So Ozzie's insistence on using Duque has added about 500K to his 2005 salary, and if he gets two more starts, he'll get another 187K-- Also raising his 2006 salary.

Sit him the f*** down Ozzie.

While i agree he needs to be sat down ( i always think he should not be pitching) someone that has more power than ozzie needs to be telling him this... aka kenny williams.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 05:36 AM)
what do ya think, fathom. should we relax a bit or are we still in trouble?

When you're up 6 games at this point of the season, you're not in trouble. Rather, this team just needs to keep focusing on the game on the field, and everything should come together for them. It was great to see an excellent performance by our bullpen tonight. You know me though, I'll never be relaxed unless the magic number is zero. From here on out though, any day that the magic number decreases, it's a great day.