White Sox @ Tigers 9/26 Game Thread

AddisonStSox

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Why didnt Ozzie pinch hit for AJ with the bases loaded, when AJ who cant hit a LOOGY had a LOOGY pitch against him.

Corpseball again.

Nice way to play momentum. We have a 17 game winner on the mound, and they have a pile of s*** and we lose this.

Carl Everett what can I say, can we drop him out of the lineup.

Sox played way too casual in this game. We blew a lot of scoring opportunities. AJ hitting 3rd is a nightmare. He killed two rallies himself.

Now the Tigers feel like they can get us, it will be much more difficult to win tomorrow night.

We really need to win 3 in a row so we go into Cleveland having secured a playoff spot.

QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ Sep 26, 2005 -> 07:53 PM)
Politte gave up one HR before the All Star Break. He has given up 6 homeruns since then. I think someone figured something out, or he has lost some of his edge.

I think he's injured. He's lost several MPH off his fastball. He's pitching with cunning and guile right now.

QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ Sep 27, 2005 -> 01:53 AM)
Politte gave up one HR before the All Star Break. He has given up 6 homeruns since then. I think someone figured something out, or he has lost some of his edge.

His velocity is down a few mph, and his control hasn't been the same. I'm not blaming him though. Our offense just can't execute late in the game. You can tell our hitters get completely out of focus with RISP. Only Cy Mays sucking beyond belief teased some people into thinking the offense was back.

QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ Sep 26, 2005 -> 07:53 PM)
Politte gave up one HR before the All Star Break. He has given up 6 homeruns since then. I think someone figured something out, or he has lost some of his edge. Maybe Detroit just owns him.

D.J. even mentioned that Cliff isn't throwing as many fastballs as he was before. He's been relying more on sliders and changeups.

QUOTE(bkmoney @ Sep 26, 2005 -> 06:51 PM)
ozzie why is politte in to start the inning?? especially when you put cots in for only ONE PITCH!!!!!

Because he'd had a couple of days off, and if the game went to Extras who knows how long it could have gone.

I can't fault Ozzie for leaving Politte in. Probably a silly move to take out Cotts. But no good reason to take out Clifford.

The offensive execution lost this game. Plain and simple.

that was just aweful baseball in the last two innings. AWEFUL ATROCIOUS HORRIBLE baseball. HOW CAN YOU NOT BUNT? HOW CAN YOU NOT DO YOUR JOB?? you did it all first half and you forget? Our first half was systematic, leadoff baserunner, steal, bunt, sac fly, run. GAME OVER. NOW its K K K K K K K K K K K K K HR!!! K K K K K K K K K K K K HR!!! KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Sep 26, 2005 -> 07:55 PM)
D.J. even mentioned that Cliff isn't throwing as many fastballs as he was before.  He's been relying more on sliders and changeups.

Cliffy is not shaking off AJ, AJ is putting down the slider call. So blame the gameplan on that. 93mph should be enough if you hit your spots.

If they wanna play like s*** before they head into cleveland and thinking they can just beat up on them to win the division their nuts, they need to play everygame like their playing cleveland.

I swear ozzie doesn't have a f***ing clue, even though Everett got on base tonight he should still be benched, looks like a damn lumberjack out there. Oh yeah and maybe he might want to start pinch hitting some guys because AJ today killed us.

It's gonna be nice seeing Cleveland oust us because of our DUMBASS manager. :headshake

QUOTE(bmags @ Sep 27, 2005 -> 01:56 AM)
that was just aweful baseball in the last two innings. AWEFUL ATROCIOUS HORRIBLE baseball. HOW CAN YOU NOT BUNT? HOW CAN YOU NOT DO YOUR JOB?? you did it all first half and you forget? Our first half was systematic, leadoff baserunner, steal, bunt, sac fly, run. GAME OVER. NOW its K K K K K K K K K K K K K HR!!! K K K K K K  K K K K K K HR!!! KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

We still played some bad baseball in the first half. We found ways to not only win, but the opposition found ways to lose.

QUOTE(Frank the Tank 35 @ Sep 27, 2005 -> 01:58 AM)
I wonder what Politte's stats are when pitching more than one inning.  It seems to me the only time he really gets knocked around is when he's left in for more than one inning.  Anyone else notice this?

But the rest of our bullpen is well rested, nearly underworked. So we got that going for us.

QUOTE(Sox Hustler @ Sep 26, 2005 -> 07:57 PM)
If they wanna play like s*** before they head into cleveland and thinking they can just beat up on them to win the division their nuts, they need to play everygame like their playing cleveland.

I swear ozzie doesn't have a f***ing clue, even though Everett got on base tonight he should still be benched, looks like a damn lumberjack out there. Oh yeah and maybe he might want to start pinch hitting some guys because AJ today killed us.

It's gonna be nice seeing Cleveland oust us because of our DUMBASS manager.  :headshake

AJ cannot hit a LOOGY. I have watched just about every game, when a LOOGY comes in AJ Ks. That is pretty much that story.

With that in mind and having 3 catchers on the roster, we can pinch hit for AJ.