Loudest Moment in the Playoffs?

SouthSidePride05

What was the loudest moment at the Cell during the playoffs?

Anyone who was at all the games who can say which game and what moment?

I only went to Game 1 of the World Series, and from what I remember, the loudest was the Paulie chant in the first inning right after Dye homered...or the final strikeout by Jenks in the bottom of the 8th.

Edited by SouthSidePride05

I wasn't at the WS games but on TV I've never seen a crowd go nuts like they did for Pods' walkoff homer.

I was at the second Boston game here in the division series and went Iguchi hit that homer (the 5-3 game) I have never witnessed such celebration at the Cell, ever. Even after the game people were screaming.

I'd say game 2 of the ALCS as well.... Then again, I went to all the playoff games at the Cell expcept for Game 2 of the WS. But Game 2 against the Halos, that was as close as we got to a must win all year and winning it in that fashion, when everybody in the park didnt even know what the hell happened or the uproar over AJ's drop third. Pure euphoria on 35th that night.....

I'd also give an honorable mention to Game 1 of the ALDS, when we kicked the living s*** out of the Red Sox, if it wanst enough for Soxdiehards to be happy to see their team in the playoffs after a wire to wire regular season, jacking Clement all over the yard was more than a cherry on top of the sundae....imo, it set the tone for the team for the rest of the playoffs. Besdies the long rest into Game 1 of the ALCS, which they had no business winning..... there was nothing holding this team back after that first game at Boston. The crowd soaked up every second of that sunny 85 degree 14-2 azz whipping.

Game 1 ALDS, Thomas throws out first pitch.

I literally could not hear the sound system or Gene Honda, despite him talking the whole time. Every other big moment, I could at least hear the music and such over the crowd.

Though I did miss Game 2 of the World Series. But the other playoff home games I was all there in person for.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Nov 2, 2005 -> 01:27 PM)
Quietest moment:

Anaheim, California, game four, Paulie goes yard in the first inning. I've never seen a bubble get burst so quickly. Those fans were so stoked prior to the game and then BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE.

absolute silence.

Ah, you took this the opposite direction...quietest moment at any visitor's park.

That silence would be beautiful to hear....I mean, not hear...whatever.

Hands down: Paul Konerko's firstball-fastball grandslam in game two of the World Series. I was in attendance for that one and I honestly thought the place was going to go down. I've never, ever, ever been apart of such an electric sporting moment in my entire life. It was one of those things I'll never forget for the rest of my life. It was pure elation.

Also, the Konerko slam trumped Podsednik's walk-off. It was not even close.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Nov 2, 2005 -> 02:47 PM)
Also, the Konerko slam trumped Podsednik's walk-off.  It was not even close.

Not from my seats (left field UD).

Perhaps it depends on where you were in the ballpark. When Pods hit the game-winner, there was a big cheer, a pause, then a gigantic roar once it had landed in the stands. It seemed significantly louder to me than Paulie's slam.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Nov 2, 2005 -> 01:47 PM)
Hands down: Paul Konerko's firstball-fastball grandslam in game two of the World Series.  I was in attendance for that one and I honestly thought the place was going to go down.  I've never, ever, ever been apart of such an electric sporting moment in my entire life.  It was one of those things I'll never forget for the rest of my life.  It was pure elation.

Also, the Konerko slam trumped Podsednik's walk-off.  It was not even close.

I agree.

I went to both ALDS, Gm 2 of ALCS and Gm 2 of the WS and here's my top 5:

5) Frank throwing out the 1st pitch before ALDS Gm 1

4) Iguchi's 3 run HR off Shrek (AKA Wells) in Gm 2 of ALDS

3) Crede's double in Gm 2 to tie the ALCS

2) Paulie's grand slam in Gm 2 of the WS. The roar and celebration of the crowd was absolutely thunderous and is something I will never forget in my life.

1) Pod's walkoff HR in Gm 2 of the WS. The pure joy and "shock" that Pods just hit a HR to win a World Series game still leads me to shake my head in disbelief whenever I think about it! Plus, everyone not wanting to leave so they could sing Thunderstuck and Go-Go White Sox added to the effect :cheers

Honorable mention goes to when the crowd serenaded Clement in Gm 1 with the Na-na, Hey, Hey after he was taken out....That was amazing hearing 40K Sox fans SCREAM that song at him :gosox2:

Edited by Allsox

I was at all home playoff games and I think it was definitely Konerkos grand slam (second pods walk off, but there was a lot of air taken out of the sail right before that)

koneros shot sent the crowd into pandemonium, people hugging and high fiveing people several rows away. and the crowd continued to stand and cheer well into the next batter and until the sox took the field

QUOTE(Allsox @ Nov 2, 2005 -> 02:43 PM)
I went to both ALDS, Gm 2 of ALCS and Gm 2 of the WS and here's my top 5:

5) Frank throwing out the 1st pitch before ALDS Gm 1

4) Iguchi's 3 run HR off Shrek (AKA Wells) in Gm 2 of ALDS

3) Crede's double in Gm 2 to tie the ALCS

2) Paulie's grand slam in Gm 2 of the WS. The roar and celebration of the crowd  was absolutely thunderous and is something I will never forget in my life. 

1) Pod's walkoff HR in Gm 2 of the WS. The pure joy and "shock" that Pods just hit a HR to win a World Series game still leads me to shake my head in disbelief whenever I think about it! Plus, everyone not wanting to leave so they could sing Thunderstuck and Go-Go White Sox added to the effect  :cheers

Honorable mention goes to when the crowd serenaded Clement in Gm 1 with the Na-na, Hey, Hey after he was taken out....That was amazing hearing 40K Sox fans SCREAM that song at him  :gosox2:

I have to agree with everything here. Although, I was not there for #4.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 2, 2005 -> 11:59 AM)
I was at both ALDS, both ALCS and Game 2 WS.

Game 2 CS, the Crede hit in the ninth to win it, was 2nd loudest of the games I went to.

Loudest: Just after Pods' shot landed in the RF stands to win WS Game 2.

I was at both too and i agree with you on that.