Reliving High School

JUGGERNAUT

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once you have a kid, I'm pretty sure that they are priority numero uno. I'm not a parent, but I generally thought that was how it worked.

If you don't want to spend more time to work through the stuff with your kid, look into additional education opportunities or tutors. Normally, there will be some upperclassman or some kid at the high school that does get the stuff that would be willing to work with the girl, free of charge.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jan 26, 2006 -> 03:55 PM)
AFter reading everyone's response, and asking myself if I would share my parenting techniques or mishaps on this board.  I have come to the conclusion that Juggs is full of s*** and just trying to argue about something.  I would never air this s*** on a public message board if this is what I was doing as a parent.  You dont air your dirty laundry in public, and not on the internet.

When I first read his original post, I thought his reference to Biology was a precursor to an extended discussion on the topic of evolution.

Maybe this is his method of ensuring his comeback in the 'Most Likely To Get Flamed' category.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jan 26, 2006 -> 03:55 PM)
AFter reading everyone's response, and asking myself if I would share my parenting techniques or mishaps on this board.  I have come to the conclusion that Juggs is full of s*** and just trying to argue about something.  I would never air this s*** on a public message board if this is what I was doing as a parent.  You dont air your dirty laundry in public, and not on the internet.

You are a winner.

Now make sure you only throw up the cheap food.

Hey, I do my son's homework too.

Its hard coloring in those lines, but dammit I don't want him to miss recess and blame his teddy bear.

I've made some of my precious time available for him between riding my high horse into town and standing on my pedestal.

Then he goes over the colors I choose(which are correct) with his mom.

Then they rub my feet, place flowers at my golden idol and praise me as I sleep.

I know how you feel Juggs.

Edited by RibbieRubarb

That's ridiculous. People vent on message boards. That's all this thread is. Why do people write about things in their personal life on boards? Two reasons:

1) They are looking for sympathy

2) They are looking for agreement

So why vent here? I can vent without consequence in my real life.

So please lavish me with sympathy & agreement :D :) :P :lol:

:cheers I raise my glass to you. You helped me make lemonade there.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jan 26, 2006 -> 03:59 PM)
What you should do is send her to college away from home. Have her develop reponsibility. If she fails out of college, and Mrs. Juggernaut cries, then it's time to reassess several things. But you have to take a risk.

It can't do it's own homework... no way it gets into college.

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jan 26, 2006 -> 04:07 PM)
Hey, I do my son's homework too.

Its hard coloring in those lines, but dammit I don't want him to miss recess and blame his teddy bear.

I've made some of my precious time available for him between riding my high horse into town and standing on my pedestal.

Then he goes over the colors I choose(which are correct) with his mom.

Then they rub my feet, place flowers at my golden idol and praise me as I sleep.

I know how you feel Juggs.

True story. I saw the boy rub his feet.. :lol:

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jan 26, 2006 -> 04:06 PM)
You are a winner.

Now make sure you only throw up the cheap food.

Would it surprise you otherwise?

If we assume it's true, and there's no alterior motives for Juggs, then it's simple to understand how this could trouble him. There's no other venue for him to vent his frustrations. What, you tell the wife to quit b****ing and the child to learn themselves?

QUOTE(Steff @ Jan 26, 2006 -> 04:09 PM)
It can't do it's own homework... no way it gets into college.

It doesn't do it's homework. It places the homework in the basket.

It rubs the lotion on its skin. It does this whenever it is told.

It places the lotion and the homework in the basket or it will get the hose!

Put the f***ing homework in the basket!

Edited by RibbieRubarb

Wow I dont know if Juggs is joking or serious..... I never thought Id see the day a parent would argue and bring up so many bs points as why he/she should do their childs HW.

Ive always had a problem doing HW and most days id either bs it right b4 class or not do it at all but just ace the quizzes/tests.... in college that didnt work so well and lets just say my 1st semester wasnt a success although missing classes had something to do with it also.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jan 26, 2006 -> 04:20 PM)
Ive always had a problem doing HW and most days id either bs it right b4 class or not do it at all but just ace the quizzes/tests.... in college that didnt work so well and lets just say my 1st semester wasnt a success although missing classes had something to do with it also.

I was exactly the same. College was a rude awakening and it took me awhile to learn to do stuff on my own.

I see an easy solution.

1. Tell your wife to have a steaming cup of STFU. She should be happily smiling at family outings etc. that her husband can do grade school homework well. For her to lie that her daughter is actually earning those grades makes her an immoral

2. Tell your daughter that it is too damn bad that her social life is suffering because she can't/won't do her schoolwork. Boo f***ing hoo. Cry me a goddamn river. Look into other options like a tutoring program at the school or outside of school or put her in special ed programs and get her an IEP.

I'd call you a retarded parent but I don't want to offend the mentally challenged.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jan 26, 2006 -> 04:16 PM)
I think im too young to get that.  Is that sort of like walking to school uphill both ways?

Someone link him to the Terry threads so he can see what that piece of work is really about.. :headshake

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jan 26, 2006 -> 05:19 PM)
Lets be honest Los, there is a chance  you could be drunk.

No way, I've been back from lunch for over 4 hours.

Seriously, I don't have kids, so I see that this hit a nerve with those that do. I also am not aware of poeple's history with Juggs, but some of the replies to him seem kinda judgemental and harsh.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jan 26, 2006 -> 02:24 PM)
Seriously, I don't have kids, so I see that this hit a nerve with those that do.  I also am not aware of poeple's history with Juggs, but some of the replies to him seem kinda judgemental and harsh.

Let's just say there's a reason I've kept my mouth shut.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jan 26, 2006 -> 04:24 PM)
Seriously, I don't have kids, so I see that this hit a nerve with those that do.  I also am not aware of poeple's history with Juggs, but some of the replies to him seem kinda judgemental and harsh.

Juggs deludes himself into believing that he is a caring individual based on his compassion showed to loved ones. The problem is, Juggs displays this compassion at exactly the wrong time, in exactly the wrong way.

The food references stem from a discussion about eating disorders. Juggs said something to the effect of "I dated a girl who was bulemic before, but I made sure she only threw up the bad/cheap stuff." He editted his post and ran away.

This is the same situation. Juggs needs to grow a pair, tell his wife the facade is over, and cut the girls social life to zero. He thinks that he can fix everything, but he's just an enabler. He's making it worse.

When you are as intelligent as I am company is rare. That's why I don't put much stock in what many say here & I rarely face a challenge I can't easily destroy or exhaust.

I love how some put forth his suggestions so matter of factly. They obviously have no experience with the situation but as is so often the case with their ilk they think they experts on it.

The child has stayed afterschool for more help, & tutors have been brought in. Those options proved a waste of time. That's the part you can't comprehend: time. The world does not stop for you to catch your breath & catch up to it. Nor does the school. The path of least resistance ALWAYS buys you the greatest amount of time.

I'll be working on tonight's bio lab & algebra packet while my wife goes over last night's algebra homework with her. This is reality. Not some ideal classroom situation. I certainly didn't ask for the hand I've been dealt but I'm sure going to play my cards as best I can.

Prior to high school my kid was one of the top kids her class. A quick reader, great penmanship, & solid in arithmetic. There were no pre-cursors suggesting special ed was needed beforehand. Prior to entering high school she performed well enough on the entrance test & the interviews that her teachers placed high expectations on her.