• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

we scored another run...

so its 5 to 3 million now

awsome!

i honestly dont care if we lose every single game of spring training.... who cares... as long as the team is doing what it needs to do to prepair and try new things to make them better when it counts. thats whats important.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/boxscore;_ylt=...F?gid=260303129

Chi White Sox 6, Arizona 13

Line Score 
FINAL

CAC  FINAL
                      1  2  3   4  5  6   7  8  9   R  H  E
                      -  -  -   -  -  -   -  -  -   -  -  -
 CHI WHITE SOX        0  0  0   3  0  2   0  1  0   6 11  2
 ARIZONA              2  1  1   3  6  0   0  0  x  13 18  2   FINAL

WP - BRANDON WEBB (1-0)
                 LP - MARK BUEHRLE (0-1)

HOME RUNS:  CHA - JUAN URIBE (1) OFF BRAD HALSEY IN THE 4TH
                      JERMAINE DYE (1) OFF BRAD HALSEY IN THE 4TH
                ARI - CHRIS SNYDER (1) OFF MARK BUEHRLE IN THE 2ND
                      ANDY GREEN (1) OFF DUSTIN HERMANSON IN THE 3RD
                      STEPHEN DREW (1) OFF CLIFF POLITTE IN THE 4TH
                      ERIC BYRNES (1) OFF CLIFF POLITTE IN THE 4TH

TIME: 2:38                   ATT: 6,307

Edited by SSH2005

I'm trying to guess which one of our stellar spring training invitees or minor league pitchers provided Arizona with batting practice.

I can understand Hermanson, Buehrle, Politte getting hit--their positioned is guaranteed and are likely experimenting with certain pitches. Those other scrubs and minor league pitchers are simply playing bingo with the ERA's they've provided these last few days.

I'm trying to guess which one of our stellar spring training invitees or minor league pitchers provided Arizona with batting practice.

I can understand Hermanson, Buehrle, Politte getting hit--their positioned is guaranteed and are likely experimenting with certain pitches. Those other scrubs and minor league pitchers are simply playing bingo with the ERA's they've provided these last few days.

Full Box Score

Edited by SSH2005

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Mar 4, 2006 -> 12:04 AM)
LOL. Nice pitching performance from Broadway. I'm glad I hold the philosophy of everyone is a bust until proven otherwise. That way, I'm never disappointed; or endlessly reassuring myself of someone's potential.

its spring training dont worry about it... this was his 1st outing 2 I think so he is facing major league players for the 1st time added into that.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Mar 3, 2006 -> 06:06 PM)
its spring training dont worry about it... this was his 1st outing 2 I think so he is facing major league players for the 1st time added into that.

I'm not worried at all. As I said, everyone's a bust until proven otherwise. The 'otherwise' is actually producing on the major league level. We're not Minnesota, or Oakland, and shouldn't be given any benefit of doubt. He can absolutely dominate the minors or absolutely tank and it wouldn't matter. I just believe it's easier to hold no hope than have faith in someone, kiss their ass endlessly, and not be disappointed. And if I'm proven wrong, I'll glady accept the criticism.

I understand the line indicates an error occured which taxed on another two unearned runs. But I'm not accepting the 2004 Neal Cotts excuse here of bad luck, or other pitchers allowing inherited runners to score. He still gave up his share of hits and walks to a lineup (likely) composed of several ST invitees and minor leaguers.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb...t=.jsp&c_id=cws

Uribe, Dye go deep in loss to D-Backs

Chicago pitchers roughed up for 18 Arizona hits

DIAMONDBACKS 13, WHITE SOX 6

at Tucson, Ariz.

Friday, March 3

White Sox at the plate: Juan Uribe and Jermaine Dye hit long home runs to left during a three-run fourth inning, the first of the spring for each player.

Diamondbacks at the plate: Stephen Drew and Chris Snyder each delivered a double and their first spring home runs to lead Arizona's 18-hit offense. Shawn Green doubled home two runs off of Mark Buehrle with two outs in the first inning, and Andy Green added to the early offensive output with a solo home run off of Buehrle in the second.

White Sox on the mound: Buehrle allowed three runs on five hits in his two innings of work, with Dye throwing out two runners on the basepaths to limit the damage. Dustin Hermanson, making his first appearance of the spring, allowed one run on two hits in one inning, while Cliff Politte was touched up for three runs on two home runs in one inning.

Diamondbacks on the mound: Starter Brandon Webb threw two hitless innings, walking one and striking out one. He was bailed out by Snyder throwing out Scott Podsednik trying to steal third in the first inning.

Cactus League records: White Sox 0-4; Diamondbacks 2-0.

Up next: The White Sox host the Diamondbacks at Tucson Electric Park on Saturday with an early 1:05 CT first pitch. Brandon McCarthy makes his spring debut for the White Sox, opposed by Arizona's Orlando "El Duque" Hernandez. It was McCarthy who replaced Hernandez in the White Sox rotation during the 2005 season when Hernandez was injured.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Mar 3, 2006 -> 04:06 PM)

It appears 4 of his runs were also unearned.

Lopez and Liotta appear to have both had good showings.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 4, 2006 -> 12:10 PM)
It appears 4 of his runs were also unearned.

Lopez and Liotta appear to have both had good showings.

Yeah, taking the B-Mac school of thought from last ST, you really shouldn't take much stock into what a pitcher does here at all.

If they succeed, you place too much pressure on them to be the next big thing (that way when they fail like B-Mac did, you call them a bust), and if they fail in ST they're a bust anyway. It's almost a no win situation.

eh, these games are so early it doesn't matter too much. Remember also, these guys are going from playing in the World Series, which was likely the most intense games of their life to early ST games, there is bound to be some what of a mental letdown for awhile.

As long as the pitchers are healthy and throw strikes, i'm not going to worry.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Mar 3, 2006 -> 06:04 PM)
LOL. Nice pitching performance from Broadway. I'm glad I hold the philosophy of everyone is a bust until proven otherwise. That way, I'm never disappointed; or endlessly reassuring myself of someone's potential.

Didn't Shingo have a bad Spring Training in 2004. I know everybody was calling him a bust and that Kenny should release him. I said after Spring Training was over that he would be the closer by June or July. Look at what he did for the Sox that year. I am sure Broadway had to of been nervous considering it is his first major league outing. He will be fine.