OAK vs. CHI Mar. 7th 3:05 ET

hi8is

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I think and hope with his moving down in the line-up, his totals will go down.

I could see that happening but I could also see him having a sophomore slump. He should strikeout less because he won't have to take pitches to let Podsednik steal. Last season, he was in a hole oftentimes due to this.

Why is the recap of this game on the Detroit homepage?  Wierd

Yeah, I noticed that. Just a mistake I guess.

Edited by SSH2005

Qwerty have you actually seen Ryan Sweeney play at all besides 2-3 spring training games or just going off of what you read? Of our 3 OF's he is the one in my opinion I think has the most chance of sticking. Your right on Owens should only be a 4th OF he might get a starting job 1 season but in long run dont see him anything more than that. Im also not too high on Brian Anderson but admittingly I havent seen him much besides last season so holding judgement until he has a full major league season under his belt.

I fully expect Sweeney to get at least 15-20 HR's.... partly because he is finally healthy and everything but more importantly is he isnt messing around with his swing anymore. Than finally he should spend half the season in Charlotte im guessing which would help that total a lot. I know he had 4-5 near misses last season that would of been HR's in just every other minor league park.

Guys im hoping impress this season is the mysterious Anderson Gomes and than Salvador Sanchez.... hoping at least one starts to become a serious prospect.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Mar 7, 2006 -> 06:25 PM)
Qwerty have you actually seen Ryan Sweeney play at all besides 2-3 spring training games or just going off of what you read?  Of our 3 OF's he is the one in my opinion I think has the most chance of sticking.  Your right on Owens should only be a 4th OF he might get a starting job 1 season but in long run dont see him anything more than that.  Im also not too high on Brian Anderson but admittingly I havent seen him much besides last season so holding judgement until he has a full major league season under his belt.

I fully expect Sweeney to get at least 15-20 HR's.... partly because he is finally healthy and everything but more importantly is he isnt messing around with his swing anymore.  Than finally he should spend half the season in Charlotte im guessing which would help that total a lot.  I know he had 4-5 near misses last season that would of been HR's in just every other minor league park.

Guys im hoping impress this season is the mysterious Anderson Gomes and than Salvador Sanchez.... hoping at least one starts to become a serious prospect.

I agree. Everything that I've read has said Sweeney's power will come. He's demonstrating that now. His wrist appears to be fully healthy.