Munoz Outrighted

Gene Honda Civic

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 02:38 PM)
He pitched in the spring opener and that was it.  Ozzie must have a big time beef with him.

That much was obvious at Soxfest when he ripped him as something like gutless during the Q&A session. I don't remember Oz's exact wording, but it was blunt and that was his point. Munoz never had a chance.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 01:37 PM)
Wow, so if he is outrighted, that means he lost his spot on the 40 man roster too, right?

i believe he has no more options left, so his career with the white sox organization is pretty much done

What the hell?  The guy got to pitch one inning all spring.  Ozzie must have a serious problem with Munoz.  Anyway,  I think it's safe to say that Lopez is gonna be the second lefty.

Indeed. Either Javier Lopez has pretty much won the job or KW is going to swing another trade.

In order for Munoz to be outrighted, he had to clear waivers right?  I am kinda shocked no one took a chance on him.

I believe so. I know that Munoz is out of options. Maybe KW did this now because he thinks he will be able to sneak Munoz through since other teams may not know what players they want to dump yet? :huh

Haha, Javier Lopez just made the team and whitesoxjosh just s*** himself.

:lolhitting

Edited by SSH2005

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 01:37 PM)
Wow, so if he is outrighted, that means he lost his spot on the 40 man roster too, right?

From the article:

The 40-man roster stands at 33.

Not sure how this applies, but it seems to indicate the he would still be on the 40.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 03:44 PM)
I actually am surprised.  I figured he would get a fair shot to prove Ozzie wrong.

I am too. I thought Ozzie was sending him a message to try and prove that he has the guts to pitch.

Ozzie never gave him that chance.

I do not like it.

It said he was outrighted to Charlotte. My guess is that means he cleared waivers.

I'm dissapointed because i think he was our best candidate. Not that I like any of our candidates. It seems as if Ozzie was negatively biased prior to camp.

It said he was outrighted to Charlotte.  My guess is that means he cleared waivers. 

I'm dissapointed because i think he was our best candidate.  Not that I like any of our candidates.  It seems as if Ozzie was negatively biased prior to camp.

Yeah, I guess he must have cleared waivers then. I'm surprised that no team claimed him as a LOOGY at the very least.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 02:22 PM)
Yeah, I guess he must have cleared waivers then.  I'm surprised that no team claimed him as a LOOGY at the very least.

This has to be one of those cases were KW was able to sneak him through waivers without anyone noticing, or in some way where people knew he wanted to keep him and would pull him back if someone made a claim, or something crazy like that. Heck, just from having thrown an inning in ST, people who need a lefty would have risked it.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 9, 2006 -> 09:18 AM)
It said he was outrighted to Charlotte.  My guess is that means he cleared waivers. 

I'm dissapointed because i think he was our best candidate.  Not that I like any of our candidates.  It seems as if Ozzie was negatively biased prior to camp.

So much for my prediction in that article I wrote. :lol:

I don't know, maybe they want Munoz starting down at Charlotte and concentrating on that fully.

But Lopez looks to be the winner for sure now, unless another trade is made. Let's just hope he can induce enough groundballs in that LOOGY role.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Mar 8, 2006 -> 04:18 PM)
"should of" is like nails on a chalkboard to me.

75% of the general population do not realize that it's "should have". This and the improper use of than/then bother me greatly.