Stupid, Hilarious Videos

SnB

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Nov 6, 2007 -> 10:40 PM)
Heh, heh. Next up they need to make one for the Triangle.

First things first. More Cowbell.

f59db3d37c1d-01.jpg

Cowbell Hero??

Shortly after Guitar Hero's meteoric rise to the middle of the sales charts, Stantonz was contacted by famed actor Christopher Walken (The Deer Hunter, The Country Bears). Walken informed him that Harmonix's next project would not be a Guitar Hero sequel but would instead be a spin-off called Cowbell Hero.

"It was off-putting to say the least," Stantonz recalls. "I mean, you go through life watching this guy's movies, and he's a major star and you pray every night before you go to bed that you never meet him, and the next thing you know he's calling you up on your unlisted home number at 4 a.m. one Sunday morning and he's telling you how to do your job."

Stantonz said there was a bad connection, and the phone company dropped the call at first. Walken remembers it differently.

"He thought I was some kind of a crank caller and hung up on me," Walken said. "I did not appreciate that discourtesy, so I called back and let him know this in no uncertain terms. Long story short, Mr. Stantonz saw merit in my argument that there was no market for a sequel to Guitar Hero, and that his next game should, in fact, be Cowbell Hero. I do believe that, if anything, this world is in dire need of more cowbell."

:lolhitting

• 2 weeks later...