Sox vs. Indians - 4/5 Game Thread

Heads22

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 10:00 PM)
Is Thome photoshopped from a Phillies jersey to a Sox jersey in your sig?  Here's a decent photo of Thome hitting today's homer if you need it...

http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/CXS10804041957.jpg

Yeah, the pic I have in my sig was of him in a Phillies uni. I used that pic because I had the sig up before the first game and there were no good pics of him from spring training. I guess I could change the pic but for some reason I just really like the way this one looks, I'm sure I'll end up changing it eventually though.

The original

thome1280x10241fa.th.jpg

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 03:43 PM)
I'd be happy with taking 2/3. We basically did that all of last year in alot (and I mean ALOT) of series.

Yep that was the model for success last season, and I'd like to see our success rate for how many 2 for 3's we took last season actually.

Let's hope Jose can get it done on the mound. Lee hasn't had a good ST, and hopefully we can get onto him.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 04:57 AM)
Yep that was the model for success last season, and I'd like to see our success rate for how many 2 for 3's we took last season actually.

Let's hope Jose can get it done on the mound. Lee hasn't had a good ST, and hopefully we can get onto him.

And on top of that, he is upset at management for not giving him a deal in the offseason.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Apr 6, 2006 -> 12:04 AM)
And on top of that, he is upset at management for not giving him a deal in the offseason.

Probably because he saw Grady Sizemore and Jhonny Peralta get new long - term deals I'd imagine.

Contreras went 1-0 in three starts against the Indians in 2005, allowing five runs and striking out 14 in 19 2-3 innings. He is 2-0 with a 1.83 ERA in five starts against Cleveland.

Good sign.

We also knocked Lee around pretty good last year. He had an era over 8 against us.

Edited by Jordan4life_2006