Sox v. Kansas City, 4/7/06, Garland v. Affeldt

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Apr 8, 2006 -> 02:05 AM)
This is f***ing ridiculous.  There is no excuse for this even being a game.

What a god damn joke.

Thank Pablo for giving them momentum. It's a complete different game if he catches that ball.

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pathetic effort so far - the Sox arms are coming out of the gate slow....except for Contreras, who had a rough 1st inning himself.

The Royals are a joke of a team; can't start off a trip with a loss to the Royals.

I think Garland pitched well early, but gave up some rockets. I also think that Widger has called a pretty s***ty game.

This should be a reality check for anyone who thought we were going to dominate like last year. That was a once in a lifetime start.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 8, 2006 -> 02:07 AM)
I think Garland pitched well early, but gave up some rockets.  I also think that Widger has called a pretty s***ty game. 

Good call on this. We keep putting the ball on the outside corner for Buck to hammer to the opposite field. Also, the 0-2 fastball to Sanders was a bad call in the terrible 4th inning.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Apr 7, 2006 -> 08:05 PM)
Hawk is saying Garland has pitched well, I don't agree. Granted the play in LF has been brutal, but he didn't pitch over it, and gave up some rockets.

I agree. If Garland goes into his pouting, "I tried to do MY job without help" routine as he did in 2004, I'll walk to KC myself and rap him upside the head.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 7, 2006 -> 09:07 PM)
I think Garland pitched well early, but gave up some rockets.  I also think that Widger has called a pretty s***ty game. 

This should be a reality check for anyone who thought we were going to dominate like last year.  That was a once in a lifetime start.

seems everthying is away , when Widger catches.. throw inside .

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Apr 8, 2006 -> 02:07 AM)
Brutal Game tonite on the defensive side. These guys need to get their heads out of there ass, and realize the Regular season has started.

When we stop using split-squad lineups (it's hurt us more defensively tonight), we'll be better.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 8, 2006 -> 02:07 AM)

This should be a reality check for anyone who thought we were going to dominate like last year.  That was a once in a lifetime start.

I don't agree about Widge, he's calling the right thing but Garland was missing right out over the plate.