Heave the Hawk Conglomeration Thread

EvilJester99

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow....I thought this was a new thread until i read 6 pages and saw my posts from like 5 months ago.....

was gonna post.....didn't we find out the kid/guy who runs that site lives in Wheaton.....or was that something else.....I just remember the soxtalk detective work that went on.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Apr 10, 2006 -> 11:02 PM)
That quote is fairly accurate.  I don't see anything wrong with it.  Hawk IS a massive homer and he WAS a terrible GM.

Out of curiosity, did he say "Good guys" as the result of the marketing plan, or did the marketing plan come from his saying?

I thought it was the former.

I have no problem listening to Hawk and DJ they make me laugh during the game with some of the comments they make. Like last year when Pods was voted an all star and Hawk said " A love story, a community story." Oh man, it was something like that but still had me rolling. These guys are still better than some other guys.

Wow....I thought this was a new thread until i read 6 pages and saw my posts from like 5 months ago.....

was gonna post.....didn't we find out the kid/guy who runs that site lives in Wheaton.....or was that something else.....I just remember the soxtalk detective work that went on.

Yes, and if you go to godaddy.com and type in the domain name, you can find out who the site is registered to, contact information, etc.

Turns out the guy wanted to remain anonymous but apparantly he wasn't that bright. The contact info posted on this site got picked up by other people and all of a sudden he started to get a bunch of calls ... some were unpleasant I guess. To my knowledge none were from SoxTalk people but as everyone knows there are a lot of unregistered guests who read this (and other) boards, really smart and technologically savvy people who can find out all sorts of info if they want to. Personally I know several who just read here but don't want to post for whatever reason.

Here's the thing, some types think they can say anything they want over the internet without recourse. Too bad those types are generally stupid, and don't realize it's actually quite easy to find information out if someone were so inclined. There are douchebags at heavethehawk.com, there are douchebags here at SoxTalk, there are douchebags everywhere. Bottom line, not smart to say things over the internet you're not willing to say in person. :ph34r:

Lets just say I heard that someone knew the guys who started the site, the frequented a certain bar on a regular basis where several diehard sox fans worked, and received several calls and whatnot, turns out he lives in Wheaton etc.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE(WCSox @ Apr 11, 2006 -> 11:33 AM)
Why anybody would spend that much time putting together an anti-Hawk web site is beyond me.  And they have freaking message boards?!  What a bunch of douche bags...  :lolhitting

Maybe the same reason people put together sites for things they like.... Like say... a Sox website for Sox fans. :rolly

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Apr 10, 2006 -> 10:02 PM)
That quote is fairly accurate.  I don't see anything wrong with it.  Hawk IS a massive homer and he WAS a terrible GM.

Obviously you aren't paying attention.

Anyways, I just had an AIM convo with the douchebag.

[12:17] ClipShipHereWeGo: "What a f***ing moron."

[12:18] TangentUniverseB: ...

[12:18] TangentUniverseB: from Soxtalk, I assume?

[12:18] ClipShipHereWeGo: Yes.

[12:18] TangentUniverseB: are you the person I quoted?

[12:18] ClipShipHereWeGo: So why are you defending him anyway?

[12:18] ClipShipHereWeGo: Do you disagree that he's a massive homer?

[12:18] TangentUniverseB: defending who? Hawk?

[12:18] ClipShipHereWeGo: Duh

[12:19] TangentUniverseB: that line u quoted was very ignorant

[12:19] ClipShipHereWeGo: Why was it?

[12:19] ClipShipHereWeGo: It's the truth. What's so ignorant about it?

[12:19] ClipShipHereWeGo: He IS a homer.

[12:19] TangentUniverseB: a home team commentator is going to root for the home team. That part of the post, frankly, was idiotic

[12:19] ClipShipHereWeGo: Yes, it's ok to be a little biased. But Harrelson acts like he's part of the team.

[12:20] TangentUniverseB: how so?

[12:20] TangentUniverseB: and even if so, that's not unnatural

[12:20] ClipShipHereWeGo: I guess you think he's better than Vin Scully, too, huh?

[12:20] TangentUniverseB: to criticize a commentator for rooting for the team he does commentary for is stupid

[12:20] TangentUniverseB: what the f*** does that have to do with anything? Did I emntion Vin Scully?

[12:20] TangentUniverseB: *mention

[12:21] ClipShipHereWeGo: Did I mention you did?

[12:21] TangentUniverseB: you are steering far away from the point

[12:21] ClipShipHereWeGo: Naw, I'm just pointing out the ignorance of thinking Harrelson is a good announcer, which he's not.

[12:21] TangentUniverseB: that's just your oponion

[12:22] TangentUniverseB: *opinion

[12:22] TangentUniverseB: As far as calling the game, knowing the game, and being colorful and entertaining, he's a very good announcer

[12:23] ClipShipHereWeGo: How can you say he's a good announcer when he usually goes epeechless for a couple of minutes?

[12:23] ClipShipHereWeGo: speechless*

[12:23] TangentUniverseB: who gives a s***?

[12:23] ClipShipHereWeGo: Obviously, baseball fans.

[12:23] TangentUniverseB: so that diminishes his knowledge and personality?

[12:24] ClipShipHereWeGo: Yes, yes it does.

[12:24] TangentUniverseB: I stand corrected

[12:24] TangentUniverseB: f***ing moron

[12:24] TangentUniverseB: now if you don't mind

[12:24] TangentUniverseB: I've wasted enough time with you

[12:24] ClipShipHereWeGo: You can put it on the boooaaard. NO!

[12:24] ClipShipHereWeGo: f*** you, asshole.

[12:24] TangentUniverseB: wow, that was so funny

[12:24] ClipShipHereWeGo: Yep. Heave the HAWK!

[12:24] TangentUniverseB: rofl

[12:24] *** Error while sending IM: This user is currently not logged on

The more time I spend on the internet, the more sure I become that this country certainly IS full of idiots.

QUOTE(Steff @ Apr 11, 2006 -> 09:43 AM)
Maybe the same reason people put together sites for things they like.... Like say... a Sox website for Sox fans.  :rolly

There's a difference between putting up a site for fans of something and putting up a site to be against something or somebody. :rolly

I am not a fan of the Hawk. I have met him on several occasions and my opinion of him is confirmed everytime. He has a huge ego. But that is not really it. My dislike of the Hawk started after I was returning from a trip from MN and crested a hill in Elgin to see the Sox billboard that read "The Hawk wants you!" Yes, he had become the WS GM. My first thought was that we were in big trouble if we were marketing the GM and not the ball players on the field. He was a terrible GM. Last year when he pouted through the American League playoffs was just another example of his huge ego. I didn't miss him. I preferred Rooney anyway. I didn't like the way he ran Wimpy out of town either. If I had my choice, I would unload the Hawk but not until I had a replacement. Hawk is popular with the fans. There is no reason to up set the apple cart until you have something better to offer.

QUOTE(JoeBatterz @ Apr 11, 2006 -> 01:09 PM)
Nothing is wrong with Hawk that could not be cured by giving him a decent partner.

I like the fact that he is just a cheerleader for the Sox.

We could always give him singleton or farmer and have d.j. go do the radio. I think that would work wonders...

QUOTE(qwerty @ Apr 14, 2006 -> 01:42 AM)
We could always give him singleton or farmer and have d.j. go do the radio. I think that would work wonders...

I don't think that DJ is as bad as some of you make him out to be. I actually think that he is a pretty decent announcer.