3.The fans are much more annoying this year

4.The wave is the worst thing to ever hit fans

5.Sitting in the deepest depths of the upper deck is not that bad

6.The concourse and seating area smells much better with no smoking

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(chitownsportsfan @ Apr 22, 2006 -> 11:05 PM)
If you're going to make a thread about this--maybe you should eleborate on your observations a little more.

For example: how were the fans "more annoying"?  Like it was a sellout crowded bathrooms annoying or what?

no problem

crowds were more annoying because...

a) a bunch of them were cubs fans around me

b.) they were more focused on the bulls game

c) were trying to start the wave

d) too loud at pointless times

concourse and seating area smelled better with out smoking because the great smell of hotdogs and onions actually creeped into where I was seated

It felt great to be back in the park because I love going to games, and I hadn't been there since game 2 of alcs

game was entertaining is self explanatory

hating the wave is also self explanatory

at first I was a little disappointed to be sitting in sec 556, but once I got there it was really a fine view, the height messed with my perception but I could see just fine

alright there you go

Edited by GoRowand33

QUOTE(GoRowand33 @ Apr 22, 2006 -> 10:13 PM)
no problem

crowds were more annoying because...

a) a bunch of them were cubs fans around me

b.) they were more focused on the bulls game

c) were trying to start the wave

d) too loud at pointless times

concourse and seating area smelled better with out smoking because the great smell of hotdogs and onions actually creeped into where I was seated

It felt great to be back in the park because I love going to games, and I hadn't been there since game 2 of alcs

game was entertaining is self explanatory

hating the wave is also self explanatory

at first I was a little disappointed to be sitting in sec 556, but once I got there it was really a fine view, the height messed with my perception but I could see just fine

alright there you go

I was at the game yesterday and some cub fan was wearing his Prior jersey and talkin a whole bunch of shi* which ruinedt the first part of the game until the sox started layin the smack down on the twins.

QUOTE(sayitaintso @ Apr 22, 2006 -> 11:11 PM)
I was at the game yesterday and some cub fan was wearing his Prior jersey and talkin a whole bunch of shi* which ruinedt the first part of the game until the sox started layin the smack down on the twins.

I have no problem with people wearing their Cubs hats or Jerseys to a Sox game but when they start to talk trash I just wanna :fight . Just shut the hell up and watch the Champs. Oh and as for the wave, I have participated in them when we are gettin blown out, but as long as we are in it I dont really pay attention to fans tryin to start one.

Yes, the upperdeck is underrated, or I guess a better thing to say is the upper deck criticism is overrated. Watch any other game and the majority of stadiums have upper tanks that look the same, if not worse, I don't get why everyone rips on ours. I was in about your same section for ring day, and am the biggest scaredy cat of heights. It's a real nice view, and even if you are really scared, the first four rows are fine, or you could just go to the Fundamentals deck. Also, there are ways of getting into the lower bowl :)

Edited by 3 BeWareTheNewSox 5

When I went there was a cubs fan in front of me but he came with a bunch of his sox fan friends. It was great because people behind us was giving the guy a hard time the whole game.

As for the fans, yes they are more annoying this year but man its also awesome to have a full stadium too.

I took my kids to see tonight’s game. We started with lessons in tailgating. We ended with lessons in pitch speeds. My 11 year old was blown away by Jenks and asked me if any of the Sox players were not married. sniff.gif (Man, I am not ready for that. )

While in the lot, a guy in a Cub hat on his cell phone walks right in the center of our bean bag set up and stops. He is looking around chatting away, spins a couple of 360s and stands there for a good 30 seconds before I catch his eye and ask him to keep moving. He does without even acknowledging his rudeness.

But when I took the two youngest to the stand for pink lemonade, some Cub fan douche bag stepped in line behind us. He is decked out in a Cubs jersey and hat. He was early 20s and must have had as many beers as years. He looks at me and says "hey, at least you guys won. The Cubs f***ing suck. We f***ing lost again tonight." I am standing there with my 5 and 7 year old kids. I gave him a look and looked down at my kids then back at him. Genius responds with "oh f***, sorry dude."

Well, at least I figured out that the C on those blue hats stands for clueless. rolleyes1.gif

Edited by My Dixie Normus

I was at the game yesterday sitting in Sec 535 row 13 seat 15, and behind me in row 16 there were 3 guys wearing cubs jackets and sporting twins hats, lame!, anyways i think the upper deck has a great view especially when thome is hitting moon shots. As for the wave the ballpark is kinda instigating it with that insipid music they play in attempt to try and get the fans to do it.

I love how people say the fans are annoying, bandwagoners, ect. Ive had season tickets for 3 years and to be honest the games are even better now. Even on weekday nights we are drawing decent amounts of people. Im glad people are showing up to support us. I love going to games with my boyz and being rowdy, and its even better with more people at the park. We run that place.

Who cares if someone wants to throw a ball back after someone from the other team hits a homer. They caught the ball they can do what they want with it. It isnt just a "cubs" thing.

Here is a picture of me and my boyz after Friday nights win at Jimbos

goombagroup4qx1wm.jpg

QUOTE(Wsoxmike59 @ Apr 23, 2006 -> 07:17 AM)
Probably the most annoying thing was on Friday night when some bandwaggoner threw back Lew Ford's HR!!!  I yelled out  "Go back to Wrigley Yuppie Scum!!"  much to the delight of the people around me.

I prefer the, "IF YOU DON'T WANT IT GIVE IT TO A f***ING KID!" scream I heard once, but that's pretty good, too.

I took a Cub fan to Comiskey last Sunday because he's also a Mariners fan and wanted to watch Freddy pitch. When the rainy fifth inning went on, he shouted, "STRIKE EM OUT!" and I smirked and said, "KILL HIM FREDDY!" and this six-to-ten year old kid had a big goofy smile at me when I said it, kind of sheepish, and I said to him, "Violence is bad." It was funny.

QUOTE(LeroySettle @ Apr 23, 2006 -> 09:51 AM)
I love how people say the fans are annoying, bandwagoners, ect.  Ive had season tickets for 3 years and to be honest the games are even better now.  Even on weekday nights we are drawing decent amounts of people.  Im glad people are showing up to support us.  I love going to games with my boyz and being rowdy, and its even better with more people at the park.  We run that place.

Who cares if someone wants to throw a ball back after someone from the other team hits a homer.  They caught the ball they can do what they want with it.  It isnt just a "cubs" thing. 

goombagroup4qx1wm.jpg

The Goomba Group? :lolhitting

QUOTE(beautox @ Apr 23, 2006 -> 08:51 AM)
I was at the game yesterday sitting in Sec 535 row 13 seat 15, and behind me in row 16 there were 3 guys wearing cubs jackets and sporting twins hats, lame!, anyways i think the upper deck has a great view especially when thome is hitting moon shots. As for the wave the ballpark is kinda instigating it with that insipid music they play in attempt to try and get the fans to do it.

no way!! i was in row 18, those ass-darts with their brand spanking new TWINS hats didn't really bother me until they got all vocal when toriiiiiiiii hunter hit that hr, they left their seats are came back later and couldn't remember where their seats were...lol

QUOTE(LeroySettle @ Apr 23, 2006 -> 09:51 AM)
I love how people say the fans are annoying, bandwagoners, ect.  Ive had season tickets for 3 years and to be honest the games are even better now.  Even on weekday nights we are drawing decent amounts of people.  Im glad people are showing up to support us.  I love going to games with my boyz and being rowdy, and its even better with more people at the park.  We run that place.

Who cares if someone wants to throw a ball back after someone from the other team hits a homer.  They caught the ball they can do what they want with it.  It isnt just a "cubs" thing. 

goombagroup4qx1wm.jpg

Damn. Time to invest in some hair gel stocks.

QUOTE(LeroySettle @ Apr 23, 2006 -> 10:51 AM)

Nope. Anything deliberately thrown on the field, ball or otherwise, should result in immediate expulsion from the park.

It only makes you (the thrower) look stupid. Throwing anything on the field should not be celebrated. In fact, the city of Chicago should levee littering fines on idiots in addition to their one-way ticket out of the park.

Nope. Anything deliberately thrown on the field, ball or otherwise, should result in immediate expulsion from the park.

It only makes you (the thrower) look stupid. Throwing anything on the field should not be celebrated. In fact, the city of Chicago should levee littering fines on idiots in addition to their one-way ticket out of the park.

Well you are entitled to your opinion, but I think throwing the ball back is a cool tradition that they have over at Wrigley and if it becomes a tradtion here then all the better. I know if I catch an opposing teams homer Im throwing it back and there isnt anything anyone is going to do about it. This isnt the White Sox of 5 years ago, we've taken the city by storm. Whether you like it or not there is gonna be new traditions, like throwing opposing team homers back and the wave.

Ive been to one game this year against Toronto and it doesnt matter to me how the fans are, what bothers me is when people will talk on their cell phones the whole game, you pay money to come and not watch stupid, other than that fans are uncontrolable I never have really had a bad experience.

QUOTE(LeroySettle @ Apr 23, 2006 -> 06:41 PM)
Well you are entitled to your opinion, but I think throwing the ball back is a cool tradition that they have over at Wrigley and if it becomes a tradtion here then all the better.  I know if I catch an opposing teams homer Im throwing it back and there isnt anything anyone is going to do about it.  This isnt the White Sox of 5 years ago, we've taken the city by storm.  Whether you like it or not there is gonna be new traditions, like throwing opposing team homers back and the wave.

Those are traditions for morons.

IMO if I catch a homerun ball i don't care who hits I will never let go

edit to say that I remember hawk an dj talking about how stupid it is to throw the ball back last year

give the ball to a kid if you don't want it

Edited by GoRowand33