2006 White Sox Catch-All Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw this on a board and the post was called Message board translator. I think it applies to our trade winds season. :bang

Ok I am tired of all these fake trades and made up rumors so I decided to make a chart to help myself and maybe others.

I heard a trade rumor = I made up a trade rumor

I heard on the radio this morning = Some idiot called in with a made up trade rumor

I have a source = I talked to the usher at the game last night, he told me that xxxx is on the block.

Maybe we can get player A for player B = I just made this trade in my fantasy baseball league and now the GM should do it

Is player A avaliable = Our team really blows so maybe you can just give him to us because we deserve him

Would you trade player A for a pile of poop = since my team really wants your player just give him to us. Even though he is signed for 6 years and is the selling point of your team. Can we just have him

Trade rumor website = some website a guy invented to post and make fake trades.

i was tempted to start a new thread on this but was too mad to do so.

The Tigers are 10-0 versus the Royals.

The Royals now that they are done playing the NL will probably resume

their pursuit of one of the worst records in history.

Det. is taking care of business against KC and we got to play the Yankees.

This is not shaping up well to start the second half.

All because of horses*** KC, who we can't seem to sweep when we play 'em.

GOSOX

QUOTE(whitesoxin @ Jul 13, 2006 -> 11:54 PM)
Have you not been to a game yet this year?

Not yet soxin. I'm going in August for sure. As a matter of fact, the past three years I've gone in August but usually against the crappy teams.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 14, 2006 -> 08:56 PM)
With the new rules in place, why can't the game threads be opened longer? It gives a lot of posters a good place to discuss what happened in the game, and other tidbits.

yeah...what he said.

6-5 Royals BTW. *sigh*

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 01:59 AM)
For future reference:

Times when it's OK to use 4 pitchers in an inning: NEVER

/thank you.

:cheers

I wish we could have a defensive outfielder substitute like B. Crosby. We have enough lefties on the bench. It would have been nice to have a good righty hitter come off the bench to face Rivera.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 02:01 AM)
I would not be upset if the White Sox were to replace their manager some time in the near future.

It's not happening any time soon, so we just have to get used to the way he manages. I'm just happy that he managed very well in the postseason last year (outside of letting Hermanson face Lane in Game 3).