5/26 Game Thread: Sox @ Blue Jays

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(rowand @ May 26, 2006 -> 12:57 PM)
According to the Trib Online (Joey Cora told them this), the replacement 3rd base coach for Cora's suspended games will be OZZIE GUILLEN!!!! YESS! This could be the cool.

P.S. GO PHILLIES AND A-ROW.

Ozzie would have been my guess.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ May 26, 2006 -> 02:02 PM)
Interesting stat: Freddy has only walked one player in Toronto in the 6th inning when trailing by 4 runs or more with runners at the corners.

LOL, where did you cherry pick that stat from?

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ May 26, 2006 -> 02:53 PM)
Has Lilly been tough against us?? I think so.

Last year we faced Ted Lilly in Toronto and bombed the living crap out of him early. Lets recreate that and drop the bomb on them this weekend.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 26, 2006 -> 07:59 PM)
Last year we faced Ted Lilly in Toronto and bombed the living crap out of him early. Lets recreate that and drop the bomb on them this weekend.

Lilly's a high fastball pitcher. Our offensive success will probably be dictated by whether or not our hitters can get on top of his high pitch. He reminds me of a lefty version of Scott Elarton, who we've struggled against with the high fastball.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 26, 2006 -> 03:05 PM)
Lilly's a high fastball pitcher. Our offensive success will probably be dictated by whether or not our hitters can get on top of his high pitch. He reminds me of a lefty version of Scott Elarton, who we've struggled against with the high fastball.

Actually Lilly is a lefty who pounds in on righties to be effective. That approach doesnt work too well against us. The guys who try and hit the outside corner with crap, and move further out give us fits. Guys who try and pound in, become meat.

My prediction tonight.

Konerko, Crede and Dye homer for the sox. And we bomb the crap out of them tonight.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(rowand @ May 26, 2006 -> 12:57 PM)
According to the Trib Online (Joey Cora told them this), the replacement 3rd base coach for Cora's suspended games will be OZZIE GUILLEN!!!! YESS! This could be the cool.

yea i heard that too. why do u's think that it would be ozzie? because he has experience at 3rd? u would think raines would take over at 3rd or someone else.

>but yea, that would be cool.

:gosox1: and freddy

QUOTE(fathom @ May 26, 2006 -> 03:05 PM)

Seems tailor made for The Widge.

Konerko .200

Crede .308

Uribe .429

against LILLY