June 13th game

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 14, 2006 -> 01:52 AM)
Garland was better tonight, he kept the ball in the park, but 5 1/3 innings is not getting the job done.

You know you're my favorite poster on this site, but I don't get this. Against this lineup and in this heat, Garland pitched 10 times better than most of us expected. Especially considering Ozzie's quick hook with him, I am thrilled with Garland's performance tonight. He actually looked like a pitcher tonight, and just wasn't throwing his sinker down the middle. He had terrible outfield defense tonight, and that definitely led to the first run.

Jon threw a good game. He had a shaky 6th inning and obviously you'd like to see him go deeper in the game, but he got a ton of ground ball outs and seemed to be throwing a little easier.

Stunk he couldn't go deeper, but the Rangers really had some good AB's on him and eventually he made a mistake to Young (after Young fouled off some tough pitches). Kinsler also had a really good AB (to draw the 1 out walk that started things).

Overall I thought Jon threw the ball pretty good.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 13, 2006 -> 08:57 PM)
You know you're my favorite poster on this site, but I don't get this. Against this lineup and in this heat, Garland pitched 10 times better than most of us expected. Especially considering Ozzie's quick hook with him, I am thrilled with Garland's performance tonight. He actually looked like a pitcher tonight, and just wasn't throwing his sinker down the middle. He had terrible outfield defense tonight, and that definitely led to the first run.

I thought he pitched well, just with the Sox bullpen, he needs to go a little longer in the game. Bad defense did plague him tonight, no question about it. Neither run should have scored. I figured he would have given up 6 runs minimum tonight.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jun 13, 2006 -> 08:59 PM)
Jon threw a good game. He had a shaky 6th inning and obviously you'd like to see him go deeper in the game, but he got a ton of ground ball outs and seemed to be throwing a little easier.

Stunk he couldn't go deeper, but the Rangers really had some good AB's on him and eventually he made a mistake to Young (after Young fouled off some tough pitches). Kinsler also had a really good AB (to draw the 1 out walk that started things).

:headbang yup, i was getting kind of worried there in the 6th, oz made the right move..it worked out perfectly.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jun 13, 2006 -> 08:59 PM)

I've been at most of Garland's home starts this year, and saw him in person in Tucson at the end of spring training. Its one of the few times there wasn't rocket after rocket hit off him. I think it was the best he's pitched by far this season.