Tiger Watch - Official Thread

hi8is

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shouldn't be 2-1 at all. Robertson could not get a freakin strike call. He threw pitches that were obviously strikes, and they were called balls. Eventually this led to the bases being loaded, and then they got a 2 run single. Thanks a lot ump.

QUOTE(tigerfan @ Jul 3, 2006 -> 11:06 PM)
Shouldn't be 2-1 at all. Robertson could not get a freakin strike call. He threw pitches that were obviously strikes, and they were called balls. Eventually this led to the bases being loaded, and then they got a 2 run single. Thanks a lot ump.

that's what i like about this forum: only objective posts. :7)

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jul 3, 2006 -> 11:23 PM)
Polanco with an RBI double.

Why not throw this guy nothing but garbage? Coming into tonight, .283/.316/.357. He doesn't walk, but he doesn't strike out either,

yeah. he was a pretty good pick up for uggie, who turned out to be a clubhouse (and airline) cancer.

3-2 on a marcus thames solo shot. woo-hoo. can robertson bear down and get this thing to the zoomster?

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jul 3, 2006 -> 10:40 PM)
No surprise, Nathan strikes out the side. Why didn't the Royals just bring in Joe Nelson in the 8th?

A's have something brewing with 2 on and nobody out.

Put it on the board :)

Jay Payton 3 run Jack!

5-3 Oak!! in the 8th

QUOTE(flbob @ Jul 3, 2006 -> 09:27 PM)
of course, the sox have started the week 0-2 (i start weeks on sunday, even if mlb starts them on mondays. how convenient!) :7)

Well Obviously I was talking about starting today considering a new series started. Like I said, the Tigers will have a losing week.

Apparently the home plate umpire was a White Sox fan tonight. :P

Tigers hitters should have done better, but Robertson got no help from the men in blue.

As for the Ben Wallace stuff, I think it's a terrible deal for both teams, obviously losing a hard working great player like Ben is going to hurt the Pistons, but 15 million per year is waaaaaayyyy too much for a guy who is almost useless on offense and looked old and slow in the playoffs this year.

Edited by loltrain

Hey Tiger fans, I'm curious, are there any good Tiger sites on the web? If not, would you guys be interested if we could put together some sort of site for you all (not that you aren't welcome here, cause you are, but a place that you guys could call home).

You tell me cause a lot of you seem like damn good posters who follow your team and other teams. We could probably put something together.

QUOTE(loltrain @ Jul 3, 2006 -> 11:34 PM)
As for the Ben Wallace stuff, I think it's a terrible deal for both teams, obviously losing a hard working great player like Ben is going to hurt the Pistons, but 15 million per year is waaaaaayyyy too much for a guy who is almost useless on offense and looked old and slow in the playoffs this year.

I think maybe Flip Saunders had something to do with that though. After that falling out they seemingly had in the game at Orlando late in the season, he just wasn't the same.

Edited by tigerfan

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 4, 2006 -> 12:47 AM)
Hey Tiger fans, I'm curious, are there any good Tiger sites on the web? If not, would you guys be interested if we could put together some sort of site for you all (not that you aren't welcome here, cause you are, but a place that you guys could call home).

You tell me cause a lot of you seem like damn good posters who follow your team and other teams. We could probably put something together.

No need... they have a nice looking site over here...

Edited by qwerty

Frank Thomas and the Oakland A's take a 1-0 lead in the first against Justin Verlander and the Tigers.

Edit: Jay Payton singled in Mark Kotsay.

Edited by shoota

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 4, 2006 -> 12:47 AM)

If you have not done so, go to just Soxtalk.com and check out the front page. Notice that there are sites for almost all of the Chicago teams (the Cubs site will come soon enough) and envision the samething except for Detroit. It would be a one stop shop for all things Detroit. (Pistons, Lions, Wings, and Tigers)