Official "Squared Circle" Thread

Guest $I Need Money$

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Apr 22, 2007 -> 04:04 PM)
I hope so. Orton is a whiney vagina.

That's an insult to vaginas everywhere.

I don't know about the hotel room, but a very reputable source told me that Orton was at a group dinner, acting completely incoherent & f***ed-up. As he's been disciplined for substance issues before, it would seem that with the wellness policy, he should be released - but what complicates that is the real possibility that he might go to to TNA without getting the treatment he needs. Another 90-day suspension is what seems likely - but nothing will happen until the E returns from Europe (they're in the UK tonight.)

In other things - Smackdown killed the only think that kept me watching week-after-week - London & Kendrick matches. Unless they're chasing now, this sucks. Usually I'll Tivo it and watch it on Saturdays, but it's been so boring and repetitive lately that I don't mind if I forget to watch it. Weird to say considering how bad it was two months ago, but ECW is the best WWE show on right now. The Punk/New Breed stuff has been really compelling and I can't wait to see where it goes from here. Raw has just been average - I'm so over the McMahon/Lashley feud. I just wish Edge wasn't injured so he could steal the belt at Backlash and have Cena chase him through the year, having a string of hardcore matches similar to the Umaga RR match. Will we get a HBK/Triple H feud when H returns or will they keep DX together?

Also, it really hurts me, because I want it to succeed so badly, but Impact has been unwatchable lately. Jeff Jarrett as savior? Not a way to make money people! The St. Louis crowd was great, crapping on all the stupid gimmicks - now we'll see if the people backstage will listen. Haven't seen any of it, but from what I can tell, the new ROH storylines are gold. Can't wait to catch up dvd-wise.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Middle Buffalo @ Apr 23, 2007 -> 12:51 PM)
About 15 years ago, a friend was treated very rudely by a WWF wrestler. I'll spare the details because the wrestler used some pretty nasty language, but I can't remember the wrestler's name. Another friend witnessed the verbal assault and he can't remember, either. Wrestling fans, I need your help. this type of stuff drives me crazy.

I think the wrestler had some kind of Cajun character, my friend thinks he was a bearded guy and suggested Cactus Jack. That doesn't sound right to me. Can any of you throw out some 1992 era WWF wrestlers that fit either description?

A lot of wrestlers had beards. Um, maybe Hillbilly Jim? Not cajun, but southern...that's the first thing that came to my mind.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Apr 23, 2007 -> 11:17 AM)
I've heard that Hillbilly Jim was a prick before.

hillbilly_jim.jpeg

It wasn't him. I remember when he first joined the WWF. They used to show him in the crowd every week and talk about him. One week, Hogan got jumped in the ring (probably by Big John Stud), and HBJ jumped out of the crowd into the ring and saved him. He actually had fewer moves than Hogan. His submission hold was the Bear Hug. Ahhh, old school wrestling.

QUOTE(Middle Buffalo @ Apr 23, 2007 -> 02:25 PM)
It wasn't him. I remember when he first joined the WWF. They used to show him in the crowd every week and talk about him. One week, Hogan got jumped in the ring (probably by Big John Stud), and HBJ jumped out of the crowd into the ring and saved him. He actually had fewer moves than Hogan. His submission hold was the Bear Hug. Ahhh, old school wrestling.

Was this guy in WWF?

QUOTE(Middle Buffalo @ Apr 23, 2007 -> 11:51 AM)
About 15 years ago, a friend was treated very rudely by a WWF wrestler. I'll spare the details because the wrestler used some pretty nasty language, but I can't remember the wrestler's name. Another friend witnessed the verbal assault and he can't remember, either. Wrestling fans, I need your help. this type of stuff drives me crazy.

I think the wrestler had some kind of Cajun character, my friend thinks he was a bearded guy and suggested Cactus Jack. That doesn't sound right to me. Can any of you throw out some 1992 era WWF wrestlers that fit either description?

How about a mid card wrestler named Skinner? Shaggy beard, chewed and balding. Not cajun though.

Edited by whitesox91403

QUOTE(Middle Buffalo @ Apr 23, 2007 -> 02:44 PM)
Yes - circa 1992.

Alright, now I'm pretty serious about figuring this out because it's going to bother me. I'm just gonna say some bearded wrestlers from around that time. I can't think of anything having to do with a cajun accent.

Berzerker? Barbarian? Warlord?

QUOTE(whitesox91403 @ Apr 23, 2007 -> 02:45 PM)
How about a mid card wrestler named Skinner? Shaggy beard, chewed and balding. Not cajun though.

Ooh, that's a good one. That might well be it.

HBK and Cena have been in this match for about 40 minutes. There have been like 5 commercial breaks during it, and it's incredibly boring.

I think this match has actually lasted over an hour. It must have something to do with Orton's actions, because he was supposed to wrestle Edge tonight.

I just can't believe they couldn't come up with something better than an hour-long match that is way, way, way too boring. You couldn't throw together a mid-card match or two in a rush?

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Apr 23, 2007 -> 09:55 PM)
HBK and Cena have been in this match for about 40 minutes. There have been like 5 commercial breaks during it, and it's incredibly boring.

I think this match has actually lasted over an hour. It must have something to do with Orton's actions, because he was supposed to wrestle Edge tonight.

I just can't believe they couldn't come up with something better than an hour-long match that is way, way, way too boring. You couldn't throw together a mid-card match or two in a rush?

That was the best main event match on RAW in years and a early MOTY entry! :huh

P.S. I cannot stand Cena and I liked the match.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Apr 23, 2007 -> 09:55 PM)

I dont mind the length, but I half expected some sort of run-in during the match to make it exciting. HBK winning was pretty cool though, it was a great super kick off the FU

I thought the match was very boring as well. I just can't watch Cena wrestle, even if it is against one of the best ever in HBK. He is so slow and lazy and doesn't even sell his own offense. Those clotheslines and shoulder blocks looked horrible.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 08:59 AM)
I dont mind the length, but I half expected some sort of run-in during the match to make it exciting. HBK winning was pretty cool though, it was a great super kick off the FU

The final 2 minutes of the match were good, I'll give them that. But damn, that match was constant submission after rest hold for an hour. A long match does not equal a good match. That match was ri-f***ing-diculously long and boring. It was not good.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 11:33 PM)
The final 2 minutes of the match were good, I'll give them that. But damn, that match was constant submission after rest hold for an hour. A long match does not equal a good match. That match was ri-f***ing-diculously long and boring. It was not good.

Typical WWE match though, which is why the WWE sucks. Vince can't handle fast paced action.

HBK is still a hell of a worker. I wish they would get Cena just to feud with Vince for a while, and let Edge and HBK have a 3 month program for the belt. They would put on some great matches.

I totally disagree - that match was TERRIFIC!! Arguably better than the Mania match. I guess you just can't please some people. I thought Cena (and I am not a Cena mark by any stretch) worked his ass off - as did HBK. And a clean finish! I thought it would last 5 minutes and end in a run-in. I loved it. I'm going to rewatch it, and I never do that with TV main events. Y'all are crazy if you didnt like that.

The Edge/Orton match was a joke on us internet people. They never intended to give us the match - just screwing with people who read the Orton reports over the weekend. Edge is still hurt - which is why he hasn't wrestled on tv in over two months.

As for Backlash - after yesterday, why order it? I saw a better match than I'll see on Sunday. the rest of the card - ehh.

QUOTE(longshot7 @ Apr 24, 2007 -> 11:53 PM)
I totally disagree - that match was TERRIFIC!! Arguably better than the Mania match. I guess you just can't please some people. I thought Cena (and I am not a Cena mark by any stretch) worked his ass off - as did HBK. And a clean finish! I thought it would last 5 minutes and end in a run-in. I loved it. I'm going to rewatch it, and I never do that with TV main events. Y'all are crazy if you didnt like that.

The Edge/Orton match was a joke on us internet people. They never intended to give us the match - just screwing with people who read the Orton reports over the weekend. Edge is still hurt - which is why he hasn't wrestled on tv in over two months.

As for Backlash - after yesterday, why order it? I saw a better match than I'll see on Sunday. the rest of the card - ehh.

Agreed through and through. Cena has put on the best two matches of his career in his last two main events. Of course, these matches just happen to occur against a guy who, IMO, is the greatest worker of all-time. I'm still not going to be a Cena mark anytime soon, but his matches with HBK have been incredible. I guess all HBK matches are incredible though when given enough time.

And I'm not sure why there is so much hate for this match on here. Looking around the IWC, it is basically unanimous that this match was a classic. Even the famed Wrestling Observer said it was exceptional.

Also, it will be interesting to see the TV ratings. If their good, hopefully WWE will continue to give us long main events on free TV.

As for Backlash, maybe Edge could stay hurt and Orton get fired so we can see HBK/Cena 3 for the belt. Or better yet, maybe Cena can fall off a cliff by Sunday so Edge and HBK can battle it out.

...and for those here who care about such things...the next WWE movie production has been announced....

"The next major WWE film to be released is titled, Journey of Death. Paul Levesque (Triple H) will be portraying Jonah Hawk. The basic plot of this movie is a modern-day Western where gangs, drug trafficking and broken codes of honor rule.

This action movie is scheduled for a 2009 release in the United States. The movie is written by Alan B. McElroy, and directed by John Milius. At this time there are no other cast members released."

QUOTE(juddling @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 09:45 AM)
...and for those here who care about such things...the next WWE movie production has been announced....

"The next major WWE film to be released is titled, Journey of Death. Paul Levesque (Triple H) will be portraying Jonah Hawk. The basic plot of this movie is a modern-day Western where gangs, drug trafficking and broken codes of honor rule.

This action movie is scheduled for a 2009 release in the United States. The movie is written by Alan B. McElroy, and directed by John Milius. At this time there are no other cast members released."

John Milius huh? Interesting.... there was talk for a long time that he wanted Triple H to be in his new version of Conan. Maybe this a new version of that.

Also, Buehrle, I totally agree about Cena. Who'dve thought he'd have not one, but TWO early MOTY candidates? If people put aside their dislike of the guy and look at the matches (RAW, Mania, and that awesome Royal Rumble match w/ Umaga) he's delivering, apart from his promos, what is not to like?

QUOTE(juddling @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 11:45 AM)

*yawn*

Interesting news and notes from rajah.com

source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Arn Anderson was recently approached about coming out of retirement. The original idea called for him to wrestle in one or two TV matches where he'd team up with Ric Flair to help market the Four Horsemen DVD. Triple H was the main person pushing for it, as was Stephanie McMahon.

Anderson was positive about the idea, but due to legal liabilities to the company in case he was injured with the pre-existing condition, it won't happen unless there is a medical clearance.

When the idea got out, the idea got out of control, to the point it was talked about him becoming a player/coach on RAW, similar to Finlay on SmackDown. The idea is that Anderson and Finlay are about the same age, and Finlay was out of action for several years, came back, and ended up being one of the best workers in the company.

WWE has handed down a 60-day suspension on SmackDown referee Chris Kay. The reason for his suspension has yet to be disclosed. The referee roster is thinned out moreso because Nick Patrick in on limited duty due to a sore back.

Although there is no real talk on the subject, Mistico's CMLL contract expires in June. WWE didn't sign him after his tryout in February because they were led to be believe that he was under a long-term contract to CMLL.

Mr. Kennedy, MVP, Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch are getting marks from some people in management because they are studying 80s tapes of long matches to improve their ring psychology. MVP has shelves full of videos from that era of Eddie Guerrero, Dynamite Kid, Dean Malenko, Tiger Mask and Toshiaki Kawada among others.

WWE has taken action against Randy Orton for unprofessional conduct